All things Knotts Berry Farm

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

As with many items on a roller coaster/amusement rides (heck, same with airplanes), required maintenance is done every so many times a ride is used and/or hours of service. The standards start with the manufacture.

As for the cable, it is inspected on a very regular basis, and no matter what, it gets changed. About every 2 years is the ride's requirement.
so with all that going on, why did that one cable snap that caused the accident if it was being routinely maitenced?

TP2000

I looked at that picture and thought "Oh yeah, there was that thing where Fabio helped open a new ride somewhere and he got hit by an animal and he got a bloody nose."

It took me 5 seconds on Google to be reminded that it was...

1999, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, at a new roller coaster ostensibly themed to Grecian Virgins or something that would explain the young ladies in togas seated around him. And on the maiden voyage on one of the big drops his face hit a bird and Fabio got bird guts and blood all over his face. I can't believe it's not butter.

My Gawd, I just love the Internet!

Phroobar

Original Poster
Respectfully disagree on that one sir
I got to agree with @Darkbeer1 on Bear-y Tales. It was a much better ride than KOTD where the dinos barely moved and didn't show up until most of way through the ride. It was a good idea but it didn't fit within Knotts very well. Bear-y Tales was all about Knotts and berries. Lots of gags and an interesting story. Very Disney quality.

Phroobar

Original Poster
KOTD started out fairly well when it was new. It had a scientist that kept pushing up back in time. You saw cave men, the ice age, and various dinosaur eras. Then he would bring you back to the present. It had good special effects and the dinosaurs moved. Unfortunately, Knott's management didn't keep the ride working correctly. They made the ride less entertaining and more of a history lesson with a narrator that would stop the cars at various dinosaurs and talk about them. Before there was an element of danger because the dinosaurs could come after you. Now they just stood there during a school lesson. If they stopped the ride long enough, kids would get out of the vehicle and run around the ride breaking things. Towards the end of it's life, Knotts gave up entirely and just linked all the cars together with a employee leading the ride. Everyone would have to wait for the train to come back around.

KOTD was a victim of poor Knotts management at the time. They really lost interest in it and let it rot. It was too bad because it fit the roaring 20's time period in the area. KOTD wasn't the only ride that was falling part during that time. Soap box derby lost all of it's scenery, effects and puppets. After closing in 2004, the ride was vandalized by park employees. Parts where reused for Haunt and the log ride. Ten years later VTTIR was built.

Professortango1

I got to agree with @Darkbeer1 on Bear-y Tales. It was a much better ride than KOTD where the dinos barely moved and didn't show up until most of way through the ride. It was a good idea but it didn't fit within Knotts very well. Bear-y Tales was all about Knotts and berries. Lots of gags and an interesting story. Very Disney quality.

KOTD was a fun adventure. Bear-y Tales was embarrassing and creepy. Its like a bad vacation movie parody of a Disney ride; the kind you'd find near cannibalistic hillbillies. I understand Knotts doesn't have a huge budget, but that ride was as if Ed Wood had directed a kids movie.

Phroobar

Original Poster
KOTD was a fun adventure. Bear-y Tales was embarrassing and creepy. Its like a bad vacation movie parody of a Disney ride; the kind you'd find near cannibalistic hillbillies. I understand Knotts doesn't have a huge budget, but that ride was as if Ed Wood had directed a kids movie.
Except this side show was design by Rolly Crump from WDI.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Condition of the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs during the ten year closure.

C48TIFLVYAMMA42.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom