New enhancements coming to WDW's Haunted Mansion for the 50th anniversary?

JohnD

Yes I wish they'd revert back to the previous changing portraits with the electroluminescent lights instead of the new LED's, get rid of the cameras, take down the black drapes around the paintings, and add the suspenders back that made it look like they were hanging from the wall. The new ones don't look as good because the entire picture lights up now.

I would rather they do it at the end during Hitchhiking Ghosts. You're facing straight ahead anyway. Have a camera take a photo of you (hopefully without a flash) then insert a random ghost (not necessarily the one from the effect) into the photo. Done.

I would rather they do it at the end during Hitchhiking Ghosts. You're facing straight ahead anyway. Have a camera take a photo of you (hopefully without a flash) then insert a random ghost (not necessarily the one from the effect) into the photo. Done.
Yes exactly. Although i prefer them not have a camera at all because it's stupid for the haunted mansion, you're just in a black carriage, there's nothing to take a picture of, unlike splash mountain where you can clearly see you're coming down a steep drop. But it would be way better if it was at the end because it people would be a little bit excited/ have a better reaction to seeing something in the mirror, rather than looking at paintings right as soon as you get on the ride.

Goofnut1980

I love that they digitized the pictures, but we don't need the picture. If you don't know it is there, the picture can look dumb. You are looking all over the place with a blank look in your face.. not "frightened"

Dragonman

WDI made two of every animatronic since they were going to build the mansion in Florida. The Osmonds Special was filmed in 1970 when they were still working on the Florida ride. The figure is unfinished in the special because the California one was scrapped at that point. Common sense if you’re truly a fan of the mansion. No BS, all facts. End of story. 🙄

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

WDI made two of every animatronic since they were going to build the mansion in Florida. The Osmonds Special was filmed in 1970 when they were still working on the Florida ride. The figure is unfinished in the special because the California one was scrapped at that point. Common sense if you’re truly a fan of the mansion. No BS, all facts. End of story. 🙄
where is the solid proof the ones filmed were not for disneyland before the original at disneyland opened?

matt9112

I don't agree with adding the hatbox guy to any other version of HM. It should be something unique to DL because it was never in WDW and not a part of its history. Go ahead. Throw shade.

you don't think california has enough unique items to spare a single AA? you get real silverware we just want a single AA....

matt9112

you got the interactive queue so let's call it even. and you can keep that crappy interactive queue in your swamp land disneyland 2 park.

jsut remember walt decided to do it over for a reason....not my fault Burbank plays favorites. if i had it my way the parks and resorts ATM would get top priority.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

jsut remember walt decided to do it over for a reason....not my fault Burbank plays favorites. if i had it my way the parks and resorts ATM would get top priority.
walt was not alive when disneyalnd 2: the sequel was being built. he was not alive when they laid the foundation for any of it. he wanted wdw to be a city of the future but the investors wanted disneyland 2 so he agreed to do it but he wasnt around for much of the planning or construction. if he was disneyland 2 would have come out a lot better and unique instead of being a cheap clone of the original superior park

FigmentForver96

walt was not alive when disneyalnd 2: the sequel was being built. he was not alive when they laid the foundation for any of it. he wanted wdw to be a city of the future but the investors wanted disneyland 2 so he agreed to do it but he wasnt around for much of the planning or construction. if he was disneyland 2 would have come out a lot better and unique instead of being a cheap clone of the original superior park
WDWs Magic Kingdom has its qualities.

But seriously you don’t have to sound so aggressive. You have your opinion which is cool, others can have theirs. That’s what makes the world so great

Dragonman

I find it kinda neat that MK’s attic was able to stay in its original form longer than California’s (no bridal march/pop ups “I Do!” that were added to California in the 90’s; Retained original screams and bats) until 2007.

Sped2424

Facts don't care about your feelings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom