Collecting our magic bands from the hotel

mergatroid

Original Poster
So we're doing 1 night in the All Star Sports Resort in Sept to take advantage of 6am Galaxy's Edge entry. We're in the UK so can't have them sent to us which is fine as we'll pick them up at check-in. However our planning screen says

Which Color Is Your Favorite?
Choose Your MagicBands
Complete order by September 10, 2019 for pickup at check-in.

When I click on choose your magicbands it fills in my home address automatically but it can't send them there. Do I have to replace my address with the hotel address or do you just select a colour at check-in when you arrive? We're there on 16th September so I'm assuming I have to order it by September 10th to make sure they have the desired choice?

nickys

Premium Member
So we're doing 1 night in the All Star Sports Resort in Sept to take advantage of 6am Galaxy's Edge entry. We're in the UK so can't have them sent to us which is fine as we'll pick them up at check-in. However our planning screen says

When I click on choose your magicbands it fills in my home address automatically but it can't send them there. Do I have to replace my address with the hotel address or do you just select a colour at check-in when you arrive? We're there on 16th September so I'm assuming I have to order it by September 10th to make sure they have the desired choice?
You ignore the address. Just pick your colurs and what you want on the inside (the default is first name). Otherwise you'll just have grey ones waiting for you.

And do it in plenty of time in case MDE glitches and you run out of time.

mergatroid

Original Poster
You ignore the address. Just pick your colurs and what you want on the inside (the default is first name). Otherwise you'll just have grey ones waiting for you.

And do it in plenty of time in case MDE glitches and you run out of time.

When I take the address out it won't let me continue when I click on next demanding an address?

ChelleB

Thank you both, I'm such an idiot :arghh:
Did this work for you? I'm having the same problem where it is not letting me complete the magicbands order because I need to put in the shipping address. There is no option to put in my home address in the UK, only USA/Virgin Islands/Puerto Rico! Anyone else have this issue? Not sure if I should try and put in the hotel address?

nickys

Premium Member
Did this work for you? I'm having the same problem where it is not letting me complete the magicbands order because I need to put in the shipping address. There is no option to put in my home address in the UK, only USA/Virgin Islands/Puerto Rico! Anyone else have this issue? Not sure if I should try and put in the hotel address?

Did it not auto fill the address like it did for @mergatroid?

nickys

Premium Member
No, unfortunately not. I go into my account settings and my address is in there and correct and a tick against the "use this as my shipping address" so my address is definitely stored but just not giving me the option in Magicbands!

If you’ve clicked on “Choose your magic bands” and it hasn’t filled in the address for you, then I would just add the resort address instead.

mergatroid

Original Poster

Yes it did. From what I can remember my home UK address was already showing and I just carried on and the next screen said they'd be sent to our hotel? Sorry I can't be more helpful but it was a few months back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom