Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

I had picked up a FP for an attraction we had not done yet.

22692C5D-4E2A-4ED8-8BEE-683908EBE026.jpeg

The man behind us is NOT photobombing.....amiright, @amjt660? 😜

8BDD2C1E-E9BF-4DAD-A6DE-112446808C0E.jpeg

I was so glad we got to ride this tonight because......

.....look what’s back @Figment Forever!!

239F89A9-7351-43EA-AB39-3308454E3DAB.jpeg

All 3 dolls on the elephant! I know Hope will be so pleased!

Immediately after scanning into IASW, I popped on the app and booked another FP.

25C691B2-626D-4FD4-9FC7-CA4C07EA8C3E.jpeg

We go Unda the Sea a lot, but it is an easy FP to get and it’s one of our fave dark rides.

Figment Forever

Wednesday, con’t

I had picked up a FP for an attraction we had not done yet.

View attachment 389329

The man behind us is NOT photobombing.....amiright, @amjt660? 😜

View attachment 389332

I was so glad we got to ride this tonight because......

.....look what’s back @Figment Forever!!

View attachment 389330
All 3 dolls on the elephant! I know Hope will be so pleased!

Immediately after scanning into IASW, I popped on the app and booked another FP.

View attachment 389331

We go Unda the Sea a lot, but it is an easy FP to get and it’s one of our fave dark rides.

You are correct! I just showed her and she is very excited! Let's hope they are still there in 55 days. lol

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We then made our way to the Tomorrowland Terrace to check in for the Dessert Party. Technically it was a “check in” to receive our wristbands which allowed us into the garden viewing area for HEA. When the fireworks concluded, we had to “check in” a second time to be admitted to the dessert area.

We found our spot and took a selfie. There was a PP photographer there (NOT Callan) but we did not want to leave the space we had chosen (although there was plenty of room to move around.)

163F2451-498D-47A6-9B5F-0165BA55BB15.jpeg

We waited about a half hour for the show to start.

Pre-projections Castle.....
EB47975F-CC16-4FCC-A693-1EF01E841D06.jpeg

D415AD7D-B170-4018-9848-5F1C1562C1FA.jpeg

....and after! With pretty things that go BOOM!!
DDA63123-3A29-4035-86B6-49038FD13C32.jpeg

448AF3D6-A01C-4A31-AB28-67A648E90C41.jpeg

C196A80C-C240-4ABC-A20D-2160285AC1FC.jpeg

Those three fireworks pictures were taken in quick succession, because while I wanted some pics I also wanted to focus on the show. The way that the fireworks sync with the projections is mesmerizing.

I was so mesmerized in fact that I forgot I wanted to get a shot of Tinker Bell flying. By the time I remembered I was so flustered that this was the result.....

7F31685F-6DAD-44FA-9A82-8B56370E83B5.jpeg

Nice work, Tuvalu!

However I did manage to capture the “nod” to Wishes towards the end of the show.

1B58BCE7-9C35-47B2-9CC3-C9A47C971244.jpeg

Did I cry? You betcha! MK fireworks always move me to tears. I gave Em a great big Thank you hug!

5 nights.
5 viewings of Happily Ever After.
Life is good.

Now for some desserts!

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
We then made our way to the Tomorrowland Terrace to check in for the Dessert Party. Technically it was a “check in” to receive our wristbands which allowed us into the garden viewing area for HEA. When the fireworks concluded, we had to “check in” a second time to be admitted to the dessert area.

We found our spot and took a selfie. There was a PP photographer there (NOT Callan) but we did not want to leave the space we had chosen (although there was plenty of room to move around.)

View attachment 389333

View attachment 389334

View attachment 389335

View attachment 389336

View attachment 389337

View attachment 389338

Those three fireworks pictures were taken in quick succession, because while I wanted some pics I also wanted to focus on the show. The way that the fireworks sync with the projections is mesmerizing.

I was so mesmerized in fact that I forgot I wanted to get a shot of Tinker Bell flying. By the time I remembered I was so flustered that this was the result.....

View attachment 389339
Nice work, Tuvalu!

However I did manage to capture the “nod” to Wishes towards the end of the show.

View attachment 389340

Did I cry? You betcha! MK fireworks always move me to tears. I gave Em a great big Thank you hug!

Now for some desserts!
Yes! Yes! Desserts! 😋:geek:

93boomer

Premium Member

View attachment 389333

View attachment 389334

View attachment 389335

View attachment 389336

View attachment 389337

View attachment 389338

View attachment 389339
Nice work, Tuvalu!

View attachment 389340

5 nights.
5 viewings of Happily Ever After.
Life is good.

Now for some desserts!
Oh good-I am not the only one that sheds a few tears!😥

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
No, but someone else behind you is either asleep or meditating...! 😴😑
View attachment 389343
Yes, I noticed him before you blew him up! 🤣
That dessert party was the best money I spent last time... I loved having so much room... and the desserts were fun too!
Agree....the extra room is nice....and the desserts were :hungry:

Oh good-I am not the only one that sheds a few tears!😥
Not by a long shot, my friend!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

Em and I returned to the host stand at the Tomorrowland Terrace, gave our name and showed our wristbands. We were led to our table in the upper deck. The lower seating area wasn’t even in use. I’m guessing fewer people book the after-party.

Which was great because......MORE DESSERTS FOR US!!

841426E0-E19B-41A3-84C8-81591687707B.jpeg

#ShirleyStatus!
D8A070D4-ABF1-4AAB-A4A8-1B6B384AB060.jpeg

While it would have been appropriate to “toast” our last evening.....
7AA64DBE-FE23-4A96-8CAC-7700D78D19FF.jpeg

.....there was another drink we preferred. I’ll let you guess what it was.
908BF328-EC88-4C7E-8AC4-1DF1D8212816.jpeg

There was no shortage of options ~ mostly sweet, but a few savory.

4A96877F-9920-4FC9-A3FF-5168F56F5EA8.jpeg

DD7DEFFA-D252-40CD-B95B-B5B7256AA91D.jpeg

There was even a decorate-your-own cookie and/or cupcake station.

9546CD3D-8F04-41F9-B2CD-72B922691440.jpeg

I wish I could have sampled one of everything, but at that late hour I had to limit myself to what I really wanted....a cookies and cream push pop (because it’s similar to the grey stuff); a chocolate covered strawberry (because a dark chocolate covered strawberry is excellent, @NunuBelle); and most importantly, WARM Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, the ORIGINAL classic recipe (not the current room temperature brownie texture served at LTT.)

I choose to top it with plain vanilla ice cream, though the CM also offered me chocolate syrup and whipped cream.

D354F435-4A49-4687-9C73-DA0F61E3091C.jpeg

It was incredible! :hungry:
(Please revert back to serving the original OGTC, Liberty Tree Tavern!!)

I did not take a picture of Em’s plate but I know she was happy with her choices.

Full and satisfied, we had one last thing to do before leaving the MK.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Em and I returned to the host stand at the Tomorrowland Terrace, gave our name and showed our wristbands. We were led to our table in the upper deck. The lower seating area wasn’t even in use. I’m guessing fewer people book the after-party.

Confused about upper and lower terrace seating. There are two seating levels? Maybe my confusion is more due to the fact that so many times that I've gone by or through Tomorrowland Terrace, it's been closed for whatever reason -- so maybe I just wasn't being observant. (Basing this on a once yearly WDW trip, although I didn't go this year.)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Confused about upper and lower terrace seating. There are two seating levels? Maybe my confusion is more due to the fact that so many times that I've gone by or through Tomorrowland Terrace, it's been closed for whatever reason -- so maybe I just wasn't being observant. (Basing this on a once yearly WDW trip, although I didn't go this year.)
The walkway splits the restaurant into two levels, upper (where the restaurant counter and restrooms are located) and lower (just tables and chairs.) “Preferred terrace seating” for the fireworks is on the lower level.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I enjoyed the garden view dessert party. I did the old party years ago for wishes and was underwhelmed with both the food and the fireworks view from tomorrowland terrace. This party had much better selection, and the garden viewing area is great!
The fireworks view from the terrace is lousy and I was surprised when it became a “premium” upcharge with the Wishes Dessert Party. Had no interest in doing it.

The garden view is a completely different animal! (However I also remember when you could watch Wishes from the garden with a FP.....for free. 😉)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, June 13

No pictures from this day, but you can insert sad faces < here >.

Went to sleep in the dark and awakened in the dark. Showered, dressed and finished packing. Got coffee for Em and finished off the Entenmann’s before doing the walk of shame out of the resort.

Em drove the first leg of the trip, which meant I was the sightseer. The funniest (weirdest? most surprising?) sight I saw was over a dozen abandoned wheelchairs scattered throughout the completely-empty MK parking lot. I suppose the “chair wrangler” (my son was a “cart wrangler” for Walmart years ago; his job was to retrieve the empty carts from the parking lot and return them into the store) hadn’t started his shift yet! :joyfull:

Anyhoo, we made it home without incident and began the countdown for our next visit.

It won’t be long now......😁

BuckyMom

Great report. We did the dessert party a couple of June's ago and the choices were "meh" but seeing your pictures is making me reconsider for October. My husband is a sweets person. We'd get our money's worth for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom