Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I forgot to mention the other family waiting with us in the room where Mickey and Minnie greet.

The mom was beyond upset that Mickey no longer “talks.” The CM tried to handle the situation gracefully, explaining that Mickey needs to save his “voice” for parades and shows. The woman wasn’t buying it. She complained over and over that Mickey used to talk, they had made a special trip to hear him talk, how her son was going to be so upset if Mickey didn’t talk to him (the son was right there and young enough where it truly wouldn’t matter if Mickey spoke or not).....blah, blah, blah. The CM again tried to calm her and the mom began arguing with her!

It was awkward and uncomfortable for everyone.

Anyhoo, when we left the Theater whom did we see standing in the middle of Main Street?

Callan.

Did we stop to have our picture taken?

44BCB3DE-D44B-44BE-A1D8-6AB4874BFAF1.gif

Em and I went in search of dinner.

21DA289B-F5A6-4A35-809E-242D4660885A.jpeg

Once again we tried to use mobile ordering. Once again no success.

Thankfully the ordering line wasn’t long, but there was still the usual delay in receiving our food.

B3739199-B066-4A39-BB04-C9CFA391EB08.jpeg

3221EEB1-8F70-4A83-BA96-FB00B563C834.jpeg

We want to thank all the people who used to hog (or worse, steal) all the guacamole from the toppings bar. We love paying an extra $2 for a small cup of the stuff that was formerly included. (Note I didn’t say free. It was people who assumed all the toppings were free....then helped themselves without purchasing anything....that ruined it for the rest of us.)

While at dinner I snagged a FP.

B80EBF93-2F1C-4C2F-9F49-DF1E2ABE72A4.jpeg

The only positive thing I can say about this ride photo is that the lighting is well done and guests in the boat look like people and not shadows. I guess being blinded by that giant flash was worth it.

75768B7E-6061-4058-8469-0CD6CA7EAF74.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Two things stood out to us as we left Pecos Bills.

First, there was no humidity. There was a pleasant breeze.....dare I even say somewhat cool.....and it felt like an evening in spring or fall, certainly not summer!

Second, there was lots of space to move around. The walkways were not shoulder-to-shoulder people. Even wait times on the app indicated a less busy park.

It reminded us of how evenings in the MK were years ago. We were loving it!

I kept expecting volume to increase since MK had Extra Magic Hours from 11 pm - 1 am. But it never did. Oh, how Em and I wished we could have stayed for EMH! But an early morning departure for home nixed that.

Twilight at Tangled Toilets
BB0F043D-3475-4FE2-A2F0-DF715E94AF7B.jpeg

Em requested Philharmargic.

E758251D-F3A1-4A3A-AEF2-79A6E34CE020.jpeg

@Longers we looked left, we looked right, and we exclaimed “Not yet!” in your honor.

87760980-2D97-4F21-AC28-3A49200A5204.jpeg

lindawdw

I truly love how you don't sugar coat your trips and give us the real deal. :) That poor CM who had to endure the complaining woman waiting for her non-talking Mickey!:rolleyes: We haven't eaten at Pecos Bill in many years but we used to love the toppings bar there! It's too bad about the guacamole. :( How nice that the weather got cooler and the crowds thinned out! Oh yes, I remember those days but it's been a long time since we've experienced the low crowds!

Spash007

I forgot to mention the other family waiting with us in the room where Mickey and Minnie greet.

The mom was beyond upset that Mickey no longer “talks.” The CM tried to handle the situation gracefully, explaining that Mickey needs to save his “voice” for parades and shows. The woman wasn’t buying it. She complained over and over that Mickey used to talk, they had made a special trip to hear him talk, how her son was going to be so upset if Mickey didn’t talk to him (the son was right there and young enough where it truly wouldn’t matter if Mickey spoke or not).....blah, blah, blah. The CM again tried to calm her and the mom began arguing with her!

It was awkward and uncomfortable for everyone.

Anyhoo, when we left the Theater whom did we see standing in the middle of Main Street?

Callan.

Did we stop to have our picture taken?

View attachment 388759

Em and I went in search of dinner.

View attachment 388750

Once again we tried to use mobile ordering. Once again no success.

Thankfully the ordering line wasn’t long, but there was still the usual delay in receiving our food.

View attachment 388751

View attachment 388752

We want to thank all the people who used to hog (or worse, steal) all the guacamole from the toppings bar. We love paying an extra $2 for a small cup of the stuff that was formerly included. (Note I didn’t say free. It was people who assumed all the toppings were free....then helped themselves without purchasing anything....that ruined it for the rest of us.)

While at dinner I snagged a FP.

View attachment 388753

The only positive thing I can say about this ride photo is that the lighting is well done and guests in the boat look like people and not shadows. I guess being blinded by that giant flash was worth it.

View attachment 388754

It's really funny what kids notice. We went into our 2018 trip thinking that C wouldn't remember that Mickey talked in 2017 (when she was just under 3), so we didn't even make a plan on what to say. Sure enough, we're in line about to meet him, and she pipes up: "Why isn't he talking anymore?" We just stared at each other, and my MIL chimed in that he was saving his voice for the parades and Christmas party (got to love Grandmothers ;)). C completely bought it, and that was the end of it. That lady in line with you probably made it a bigger deal for her son by arguing, rather than just supporting the CM's idea.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
WL :inlove: :inlove:.
That's got to be the most comfortable lodging in all of WDW. Only stayed there a few times (due to price :( ), but I really love that resort. I wanted to move in! :joyfull:
I'll move in with ya! We can be neighbors. 🎶Come and knock on my door....

I truly love how you don't sugar coat your trips and give us the real deal.
I believe in telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth! ;) :joyfull:

It's really funny what kids notice. We went into our 2018 trip thinking that C wouldn't remember that Mickey talked in 2017 (when she was just under 3), so we didn't even make a plan on what to say. Sure enough, we're in line about to meet him, and she pipes up: "Why isn't he talking anymore?" We just stared at each other, and my MIL chimed in that he was saving his voice for the parades and Christmas party (got to love Grandmothers ;)). C completely bought it, and that was the end of it. That lady in line with you probably made it a bigger deal for her son by arguing, rather than just supporting the CM's idea.
Leave it to a little one to remember! But Grandma was wise! (Too bad the lady with us wasn't.)

Love hearing about your trips
Thanks for reading!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Wondering what the reaction would have been, if the CM said that Mickey was only speaking in Latin these days. 🤔 Just a thought . . . :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom