Which Disney ride do you think will get the axe next?

Which Disney ride do you think will be the next to close?

• Journey Into Imagination

Votes: 103 46.4%
  • Rock N Rollercoaster Starring Areosmith

Votes: 27 12.2%
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Tomorrowland Speedway

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 31 14.0%
  • Star Tours

Votes: 9 4.1%

• Total voters

DfromATX

What I would like to see go and what I think will actually go are two very different things. I think Primeval Whirl (Dino-Rama in general), Speedway, and Laugh Floor should be replaced, among others... And suspect Journey into Imagination will be getting the ax (would be fine with this if we received a fresh, modern take on Figment but don't expect this to be the case). Also a little worried about Living with the Land given all the changes coming to Epcot...it's one of my all-time favorites but it isn't exactly an IP-pushing E ticket.

😰 I was under the impression SE was just closing for a refresh...Are the changes going to be more substantial?

I love Living with the Land. I hope nothing happens to it!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Rumor has it the eitire land pavilion except for Sorin is going to be bulldozed. So that means:
Living with the land - gone
The behind the seeds tour - gone
The very cool rotating sit down restaurant- gone
That great food court - gone
The theater up stairs that's getting a NEW show soon - gone

I hope it's just a rumor.....

Pretty sure that was fake

Genie_naughty_whispers

Tomorrowland speedway for sure. First it’s the plastic bags, then it’s the paper straws, then it will be putting a stop to the fossil fuels that are burned up at the speedway.

Soon animal kingdom will shut down because of all the animal farts ripping a hole in the ozone.

GoofyCathy

At this point no attraction is immune to Disney's aggressive desire to cut operational costs or shoehorn IP wherever they can IMO.

It would not surprise me in the least if they replaced The American Adventure, mothballed Spaceship Earth or turned the Carousel of Progress into a restaurant.

It's a minor miracle that The Jungle Cruise still operates, given that it's almost as labour intensive and expensive to operate as 20,000 Leagues was.

I'm as cynical as they come, but after The Great Movie Ride, Universe of Energy and Sum of All Thrills I'm taking nothing for granted. Even having a sponsor or being around for decades doesn't cut it anymore.
Loved 10,000 Leagues...

hsisthebest

I'm going to go with Carousel of Progress. There has been no attempt to update/renovate in over 25 years. I know it was considered "untouchable" due to Walt's fondness of it, however I would bet it gets closed within the next 2-3 years and not reopened anything like the current attraction.

wombat

I think you're being overdramatic. I'd hardly call Universe of Energy or Sum of All Thrills a classic. I think even The Great Movie Ride is a stretch.
I thought that these rides were a bit lame but were useful for getting out of the sun and cool down for 20 minutes

Magenta Panther

I wouldn’t call it actively working.

Spaceship Earth however

Oh, god, what new abomination is TDO planning now? Don't tell me. It involves an ambulatory celery stalk and a talking trigger-happy raccoon. Or maybe a dark-cloaked mouth-breather and a Death Star. Oh the (shudder) possibilities...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Maybe Disney is about to buy the rights to Caddyshack. Then they can paint SSE white, and turn it into a giant golf ball.
The interior can then be re-themed to the Bushwood Country Club, and they can have a gopher pop-up in all different places.

bjlc57

i just think that tomorrow land speedway takes too much room for what you really get.. a faux go cart track.. its just not worth the space.. some thing bigger and newer should come there..

Walt Disney1955

Got to agree here, Great Movie Ride was a classic. It was epic. I don't know another ride where you go through different scenes of classic movies re-created by animatronics. That is what used to make Disney what it was, having something that no one else would have. The closest I can think with things like that are Madam Tussaud's Wax museums and even then they aren't close.

Hopefully nothing drastic happens. Has that rumour about Tiki and Country Bear Jamboree been debunked thoroughly?

Jon Good

I agree Journey into imagination should go, when they modified it from the original it is now very lame. They need something new there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom