News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So it sounds like they decided to prioritize WDW since Disneyland isn’t packed and swarming as expecting? I mean... the dates aren’t that far apart... so odd.
What's more interesting to me is that they announced it now instead of D23 next month. I mean why announce it now, that is the part that is odd.

As for why WDW over DLR, I assume it was a coin flip decision.

mlayton144

I think it’s fairly obvious , people aren’t going to travel to Disneyland as proven by SWGE poor launch , they will open when those APs aren’t blocked to have the built in crowds. WDW on the other hand people will plan vacations around and want to make sure it’s packed as early as possible

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Could also be that whatever the change was was faster to implement because whatever needed correcting hadn't been completed at WDW but had been completed at WDW. I guess it's also possible that WDW had more personnel to throw at the issue diverting people from MMRR. Further, WDW is currently in the process of building three trackless attractions, they may have simply had the expertise on site. Not sure if any/all of those are true... just conjecturing...

britain

What's more interesting to me is that they announced it now instead of D23 next month. I mean why announce it now, that is the part that is odd.

It's because it's relatively downer news. It's perfect for a press-release 6 months prior, but up on stage it would elicit some Awwws or Booos. Especially since everyone would be hoping that it would be "any day now" at DL.

Disney Analyst

It's because it's relatively downer news. It's perfect for a press-release 6 months prior, but up on stage it would elicit some Awwws or Booos. Especially since everyone would be hoping that it would open at DL "any day now".

It’s all very disappointing. Can they fire Chapek now?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's because it's relatively downer news. It's perfect for a press-release 6 months prior, but up on stage it would elicit some Awwws or Booos. Especially since everyone would be hoping that it would open at DL "any day now".
That I don't buy, I'm sorry. Its still going to be brought up at D23 anyways especially now because there are dates attached.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Its still going to be brought up at D23 anyways especially now because there are dates attached.

Agreed. I assume they announced it now in hopes that it's not too late to still convince people to book vacations at WDW for Dec/Jan. If you wait another month and a half before making such announcements, it may be too late for people to plan vacations in that time. Maybe at D23 they announce passholder previews at WDW for RotR or some contest to be the first to experience RotR?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I have to say I am let down by this. I bought a pass in June so I could ride this one with the expectation of the fall opening (that Disney themselves said) being honest. I will still be able to go on it for a decent amount of time, but having the opening of the major ride 9 months after the land opened is a bit of a letdown.
Where did Disney actually say ROTR would be opening in Fall? It sounds more like you believed a rumor instead of what Disney actually said, which was "later this year".

socaljoeyb

I have to say I am let down by this. I bought a pass in June so I could ride this one with the expectation of the fall opening (that Disney themselves said) being honest. I will still be able to go on it for a decent amount of time, but having the opening of the major ride 9 months after the land opened is a bit of a letdown.

Same thoughts here...

Mac Tonight

2020 is a major disappointment. This is supposed to be Iger's legacy project. Funny.

But hey, at least the ride poster looks impressive.

D_NToXwW4AAt77H.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Agreed. I assume they announced it now in hopes that it's not too late to still convince people to book vacations at WDW for Dec/Jan. If you wait another month and a half before making such announcements, it may be too late for people to plan vacations in that time. Maybe at D23 they announce passholder previews at WDW for RotR or some contest to be the first to experience RotR?

That is the only reason I can see it being announced now, try to get more Dec/Jan bookings for WDW.

The DLR portion was just a tack on, because if they didn't include it everyone would be up in arms. My opinion anyways.

mickEblu

Who says Disney is officially announcing anything about ROTR before D23? I take that info in the tweet of "real soon" to mean that we'll likely get an update at D23.

If anything I'd imagine they'd announce the same thing they always have about ROTR, "coming later this year" at D23 next month. D23 happens the week before DHS opens their SW:GE.

So looks like you re wrong... again. Lol. It’s like deja vu. This wait and see approach doesn’t seem to work for you. Join the “where there’s smoke there’s fire” team.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So looks like you re wrong... again. Lol. It’s like deja vu. This wait and see approach doesn’t seem to work for you. Join the “where there’s smoke there’s fire” team.
And how did I know you were going to bring this up. Yes I was wrong, it was an opinion they would save it for D23 next month. Big whoop....

I'm not sure what you mean about the wait and see approach doesn't work for me.

Mac Tonight

I'll predict that at d23 they'll unveil "new footage" of the on-board portion to whet guests appetites. I don't expect there to be a full breakdown of whats behind the delays. But some PR mumbo jumbo about how the team has put in every effort to ensure guests have "the most out of this galaxy experience!"

mickEblu

And how did I know you were going to bring this up. Yes I was wrong, it was an opinion.

I'm not sure what you mean about the wait and see approach doesn't work for me.

Hahah I purposely waited until after the announcement was made today to respond. You seem to be very cautious with trusting any information unless it comes from Disney. We are part of a community here that includes insiders or just folks who have inside information. When I hear a rumor around here I tend to believe it (unless it’s ridiculous) as history has indicated they are right more often than not, at least the last few years. Through my life experience I’ve come to realize that where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom