Stupid guest behavior at theme parks

mary2013

In this particular case, the individual was reported to have picked up his wheelchair and carried it for some distance when it became more convenient than riding in it. I completely understand there is a group of people you describe who legitimately need to use a mobility device, despite being able to walk short distances. But this guy, from the description given, doesn't seem to be part of that group. If he's capable of carrying his mobility device the distance described FOR HIS CONVENIENCE - not because of a necessity to do so - it appears that he is not truly in need of the device. I think there's a distinction there.
He was caught in the rain, so he picked up his folding wheelchair, which is not heavy, and ran for cover. I don't know about you, but I would consider staying dry to be more of a necessity than a convenience.

KBLovedDisney

to each their own. Personally I wouldn't even ask to get in front of anyone. A few years back there was a guy staying at the wilderness lodge the same time as us. We saw him in his wheelchair at the boat or bus almost everyday. Saw him a few times in the park being taking thru the back way to get to the front of lines. Before they expanded all the queues. One night we were on the boat from WL to MK and so was he. Got caught in a bad storm and was stuck on the boat for a while. It started to let up a little so in order to get up to under the tent you had to run the serpentine or get soaked. We started running. This guy folded up his wheelchair and passed up while carrying it. When you see this, you lose trust/faith in people. That's just one reason I don't really believe people, because someone is always looking to get over in DW.
The universe takes care of people like that.
People like what? People with arthritis in their back or knee, or other types of joint pain? People who can walk fine for short distances, but if they spend hours on their feet, they are in pain? Those kind of people?
I have to interject here with a personal story. My late father was a truck driver and had lost a lot of use of his legs and had a horrible back. He would be in immense pain if he walked too long of a distance at one time. One time, years ago, we were all at Disney and my dad was riding an electric wheelchair. We were waiting in the middle of the line for Test Track version 1 (where everyone can see everything in the queue line area), and a CM came over the intercom saying the ride had broken down and for everyone to please exit. Well, being in the skinny line queue, my dad could not turn around his wheelchair. So, he got out and with the help of my brother, picked up the darn thing and turned it around so my dad could ride it back out. I didn't look up because it got soooo awkwardly quiet as everybody stared and silently judged.

I say this because you really can't tell what a person is going through just by judging an action like picking up their own wheelchair.

Last edited:

Bpmorley

In this particular case, the individual was reported to have picked up his wheelchair and carried it for some distance when it became more convenient than riding in it. I completely understand there is a group of people you describe who legitimately need to use a mobility device, despite being able to walk short distances. But this guy, from the description given, doesn't seem to be part of that group. If he's capable of carrying his mobility device the distance described FOR HIS CONVENIENCE - not because of a necessity to do so - it appears that he is not truly in need of the device. I think there's a distinction there.
Not only carried, ran with. and ran past me. I wasn't the only one standing there just absolutely astonished. Saw him later in MK being pushed around.

Bpmorley

Sure, but let's look at the narrative of this story. Is he a reliable source? I should certainly think not.
That's just one persons opinion. I don't lie! I may have anger/trust issues, but I don't lie. Most of these issues come from what I've seen. I see people on a daily basis just trying to scam the system. so pardon me if I don't walk around in a world with rose colored glasses. Didn't they have people hiring handicapped tour guides to scam the system years ago?
Is there a particular reason you don't think I'm reliable? Do you know me? Do we have some kind of history that makes me unreliable? Cause if we do, I'd love to hear what it is.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But how does that prove he doesn't need the wheelchair? You can be fit for short periods of time, and need assistance for longer periods. Google golfer John Daly.
Because that doesn't fit his narrative that its only cheaters who use wheelchairs one minute and can stand and pick it up the next minute. Basically unless you're wheelchair bound he doesn't expect anyone to use one, especially at a Disney Park.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Not only carried, ran with. and ran past me. I wasn't the only one standing there just absolutely astonished. Saw him later in MK being pushed around.
How about mind your business? you are going to get on the ride no matter what. As I said before but looks like it was deleted probably because you are a cry baby and reported it, you could not physically stop me even if you tried from rejoining my party, and AGAIN I doubt you have the physical strength to stop anyone if that is you in your profile pic

Bpmorley

How about mind your business? you are going to get on the ride no matter what. As I said before but looks like it was deleted probably because you are a cry baby and reported it, you could not physically stop me even if you tried from rejoining my party, and AGAIN I doubt you have the physical strength to stop anyone if that is you in your profile pic
HAHA so funny. Mind my business. That is my business. It's my time, just like everyone else he's cutting in front of.
What was deleted? And who did I report? And, again, you will not be getting by me! I don't see what the issue is here? people are on here complaining about other people cutting lines. I say I don't let it happen, or try to do my part to stop it, and I'm the bad guy.

Last edited:

aw14

I agree...listen if someone wants to lie about something as nonsensical as this, so be it. Thats on them. Don't feel bad, this particular poster has posted drivel like this previously. It is the constant "tough guy" routine. I still remember his posts about wanting to knock out a teenage CM.

That said, if someone wants to try and stop me from rejoining my family...best of luck 🤣

bclane

No one likes line cutters but there are legitimate reasons for people needing to leave a line and then catch back up with their party. I’ve had to do it a couple of times over the years and most people were fine with it (especially if you can point out your party in the line). For example, it happened in May when I took my 8th grade class to DHS for their grad night trip. We all got in line for TOT and then realized we were missing a kid. I left the line to find him. When I came back I rejoined the rest of the class. It was a legit reason to leave the line in my opinion. Sometimes kids just wander off. So even though we had done a head count right before getting in line we did another one soon after and discovered we were one short. On those trips I spend my entire day doing countless head counts for that very reason. Anyway, I have run into people who wanted to be a hero and make a big deal about it and I just wait for a switchback in the line and move past them anyway. In most cases you can’t actually stop someone from getting past you (unless there are no switchback sections maybe), and trying to stop someone might just get yourself knocked out. Not worth it imho.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

HAHA so funny. Mind my business. That is my business. It's my time, just like everyone else he's cutting in front of.
What was deleted? And who did I report? And, again, you will not be getting by me! I don't see what the issue is here? people are on here complaining about other people cutting lines. I say I don't let it happen, or try to do my part to stop it, and I'm the bad guy.
Oh I will get past you. It would be humoreous to see you try to stop me. I have been to Disneyland my whole life. If someone needs to pass me to catch up to their party i always let them go. I am at Disneyland! The happiest place on Earth! I am enjoying the trip amd atmosphere. Sometimes ai enjoy a long queue so i can bask in it amd take in all the hard work the imagineers put into it. Soak up the details. I am going to get on the ride no matter what. At the end of thw day someone goimg past me just simply doesnt matter. What if they are barley ahead of me and we end up in the same trian or car or boat? Has not effected me in the least then. How abiut you shut up, mimd your business and enjoy the park pal. You are no one to judge why someone does or does not need a wheel chair.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
To me it's a matter of how they approach me. If asked in a polite courteous way, I'll let them pass. Sometimes kids or seniors need to exit a queue for a good reason.
If it's an army of loud, rude teenagers pushing and shoving, I wouldn't be as inclined to move aside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom