News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Kind of like having a made-up robot as the main character of the first ever Star Wars ride?
You mean the ride that included well known characthers in the actual queue and robots of all sorts in the queue and classic characthers on a pre flight instruction video and going to well known locations on the ride such as the death star and seeing classic ships and having the classic songs from the films in the ride? yeah i can play the sarcastic game. and better than you. smuggler's run is crap when compared to the original star tours

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not really, 4.4 out of 10 at Metacritc is pretty low.

With only 6,000 scores? That's super unreliable to gauge the viewing public. That's even worse the bombed score on RT.

With 465,841 scores, the viewing public gave TLJ a 7.1 on IMDB.

The viewing public, when randomly polled on the opening weekend, gave TLJ an "A" on Cinemascore, which jibes with the 7.1 on IMDB.

Critic scores were even higher.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The question is, what do they think today? Opening weekend isn’t a time for honest answers from fans.

That's why the hundreds of thousands of viewer reviews that showed up on IMDB over the course of several weeks is important.

Also, the ones who say that TLJ is widely hated started that during opening weekend when CinemaScore and PostTrack showed that wasn't the case.

shortstop

You mean the ride that included well known characthers in the actual queue and robots of all sorts in the queue and classic characthers on a pre flight instruction video and going to well known locations on the ride such as the death star and seeing classic ships and having the classic songs from the films in the ride? yeah i can play the sarcastic game. and better than you. smuggler's run is crap when compared to the original star tours
Happyhaunt, I’m not saying Star Tours is bad. I love the original Star Tours. All I’m saying is there is precedent to prominently featuring unknown characters in a Star Wars ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom