Epcot’s Upcoming Disney themed Nighttime show, is that a final straw?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Epcot has always had a unique abstract show themed on Epcot itself or something related. I’m not at all looking forward to this. Is live it if they just gave us a perminant Epcot Forever adding Fountains and laser images. I can’t stomach the thought of the franchise finally doing a full takeover. Frozen was good a hit, this is a knife to the heart. I don’t mind hidden Disney themed World Showcase attractions as long as you can’t see them from outside and they don’t consume Epcot Attractions. Disney owns Epcot but there 2 totally different worlds in my book.

KevinPage

EPCOT FOREVER is a holdover until the new permanent show, about 12-18 months, so why the issue?

Oh and it will feature music from past Future World attractions. They showed Dreamfinder/Figment and Kitchen kaberet, how is that NOT awesome?

ROE is probably my all time favorite thing at WDW and Promise is our wedding song. But I find it to be super emotional and super serious. I’m looking forward to a little fun for the next year+ until we get a permanent show.

All things come to an end. A 20 year ride for a fireworks show is unheard of😎

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

I think from your last few threads it might be time to reevaluate whether or not Disney is still a good fit for you.
The new show is a ways away but it's not going to be like illuminations. So this is going to be a no win scenario. I get the feeling that nothing is going to be acceptable.

Last edited:

Mickey5150

The temporary show will celebrate the history of Epcot with music from the park over the years, yep sounds like Disney is really gonna screw us. The replacement for ROE is going to showcase the impact of Disney music throughout the world, sounds like a pretty good premise for a Disney show in a World Showcase. The world would be a horrible place without the wonder of Disney music.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
That’s why I said upcoming Disney themed show, Epcot Forever is about Epcot, that’s going to be a show that won’t be around long enough

KevinPage

That’s why I said upcoming Disney themed show, Epcot Forever is about Epcot, that’s going to be a show that won’t be around long enough

Wait, so we are upset that the temporary show, which is replacing ROE, is not the future permanent show?!?!?! 🤔

We know nothing of the show set for the 40th anniversary. And judging by what EPCOT FOREVER looks like, it will be a fun interim show, why have such little faith in the totally unknown?

The Empress Lilly

Epcot has always had a unique abstract show themed on Epcot itself or something related. I’m not at all looking forward to this. Is live it if they just gave us a perminant Epcot Forever adding Fountains and laser images. I can’t stomach the thought of the franchise finally doing a full takeover. Frozen was good a hit, this is a knife to the heart. I don’t mind hidden Disney themed World Showcase attractions as long as you can’t see them from outside and they don’t consume Epcot Attractions. Disney owns Epcot but there 2 totally different worlds in my book.
The loss of RoE feels like the final stake in the heart of EPCOT, yes. For me too. EPCOT Forever is really just the funeral music they play as we watch the coffin being lowered into the ground. Songs the departed loved.

Walt Disney: "In fact, the heart of what we will built will be beergardens and rooftop cocktail bars from where the parents can watch their kids in the Moana splash & pee zone"

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The loss of RoE feels like the final stake in the heart of EPCOT, yes. For me too. EPCOT Forever is really just the funeral music they play as we watch the coffin being lowered into the ground. Songs the departed loved.

Walt Disney: "In fact, the heart of what we will built will be beergardens and rooftop cocktail bars from where the parents can watch their kids in the Moana splash & pee zone"
Maybe look into some actual quotes by Walt Disney. He spoke a lot about growing, changing, evolving, and creating new paths.

PolynesianPrincess

This whole thread just confuses me... Are we mad that ROE is ending? Are we mad that EF isn't going to be mostly about Epcot (which it is)? Are we mad EF isn't permanent?

I am one of the people MOST sad to see Illuminations end. I ugly cried both times in January when I watched it. Luckily, the stars aligned and we will just happen to be there for the final show and I will ugly cry some more. The part I really love about Illuminations is there is NO Disney movies or characters in the show. I don't mind the characters and movie music. That's what Disney is all about right? But Illuminations was it's own soundtrack and even though it wasn't music everyone knew from a movie, it became a show with a soundtrack that every Epcot fan could recognize. It became its own "Disney song" if that makes sense. I am hoping the show doesn't have a ton of IPs. Fantasmic already has that. So does Happily Ever After. I would LOVE to have Epcot stick with keeping IPs out of the show... but if they don't, they don't. I won't judge it til I see it. Hopefully it will be good. If not, I can always park hop over to MGM and watch Fantasmic instead!

PolynesianPrincess

Frankly, never been an Illuminations fan, so I am pleased to see something else coming. At the moment, anything else is better. To me, Illuminations is just a bit of fireworks with a multi-colored ball spinning in the middle of the lake. Have never been able to see anything else there.

It's sad that that's all you see, because it's so much more than a bit of fireworks with a multi-colored ball spinning on a lake. It's a beautiful story if you actually listen to the opening announcement and look at the images on the globe and listen to the ending song. Once I actually listened and paid attention to the story, I really started to love it. I know it's not for everyone though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom