Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

Janir

So I learned today why sometimes they don't show up. There are 2 RIFD chips in the bands. One is for close range, like purchasing, getting into the park, scanning FP+ (this one continues working) the other is for farther away like ride photos and location at BOG, and has to have a battery. If the band is over 2 years old, the battery could be dead, and that's why the ride photos aren't showing up.
If the band is 2 years old FROM MANUFACTURE, add in some shelf time and you can bet the band might not have a strong battery for location purposes which is what links to pictures etc much more than a year after you bought it.
At least with the MagicBand2 you can replace the center's with a generic center from a colored band that matches and just swap.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

Our next FP was for the wildest ride in the wilderness!!
IMG_1312.JPEG

The FP lines were super long that day.
IMG_1313.JPEG

Some of the crew.
IMG_1315.JPEG

E stayed off with J. He's afraid to ride it.
IMG_1317.JPEG

As we exited it started to rain slightly. E was waiting for us at the exit.
IMG_1318.JPEG

Then something pretty cool happened. The CM who was at the exit to the ride stopped us and asked us if BTMRR was our favorite ride. We all were a little confused & didn't know what to say. He asked us again & we said yes. He asked us if we would like to go on it again!! Such a neat moment!! I offered to stay off with J so E could ride it. The CM took them back in through the exit & they chatted for a few minutes while they were inside. He noticed R's shirt & asked if they were from Pittsburgh. He then asked R if he went to school there. R was wearing a Duquesne University shirt. R told him that he got one of his master's degrees there. The CM said that he had spent some time in Pittsburgh so he was familiar with the university. Then he told R that he was going to ask his fellow CM's to look at R's shirt & attempt to pronounce it. The CM predicted that none of them would be able to pronounce it correctly. He was right!!
IMG_1319.JPEG

IMG_1320.JPEG

IMG_1321.JPEG

sheriffwoody

Thank you so much!! How's your little one doing? I bet she's getting so big!! Time goes by so quick when they're young.
She is good! Taking medicine for an ear infection right now, but otherwise ok 😄 Thanks for asking!! Yes it does...we are already getting ready to start solid food and I AM NOT READY. I was just thinking looking at your photos that J looks so grown up! I think because the last report I read with him in it was the throwback one :hilarious: I love that your family is so close and you take trips together so often.

Edited to add this:
I guessed at the pronunciation of Duquesne and I think I'm right. You never know...the google results I got didn't seem reliable.
Is it Doo-kane?

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm caught up and tagging along! I can't wait to hear about your trip!
Thanks!! Glad to have you here!!!
You have got the Evil Queen glare of condescension down!
That's probably what the employees at work say about me!!
So I learned today why sometimes they don't show up. There are 2 RIFD chips in the bands. One is for close range, like purchasing, getting into the park, scanning FP+ (this one continues working) the other is for farther away like ride photos and location at BOG, and has to have a battery. If the band is over 2 years old, the battery could be dead, and that's why the ride photos aren't showing up.
If the band is 2 years old FROM MANUFACTURE, add in some shelf time and you can bet the band might not have a strong battery for location purposes which is what links to pictures etc much more than a year after you bought it.
At least with the MagicBand2 you can replace the center's with a generic center from a colored band that matches and just swap.
I have heard this. Unfortunately, that was not the case. We all had new Magic Bands. I just have horrible luck when it comes to PP pictures making it into my account!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
She is good! Taking medicine for an ear infection right now, but otherwise ok 😄 Thanks for asking!! Yes it does...we are already getting ready to start solid food and I AM NOT READY. I was just thinking looking at your photos that J looks so grown up! I think because the last report I read with him in it was the throwback one :hilarious: I love that your family is so close and you take trips together so often.

Edited to add this:
I guessed at the pronunciation of Duquesne and I think I'm right. You never know...the google results I got didn't seem reliable.
Is it Doo-kane?
I'm glad to hear that--not about the ear infection though. Wow--solid food already!! Time does fly!! I always enjoy watching a baby's face when they try something for the first time. Sometimes their reactions are priceless! Have your camera ready for sure!! I'm glad she's doing well!!

He does seem more grown up in a lot of ways to me recently. He's quite tall(takes after his dad on that one--surely not E considering she's like 4'11"). His interests & mannerisms are changing also. I was just telling my dad the other day that there is a sense of maturity about him all of a sudden it seems like. We've had many fun trips over the years & have shared so many wonderful memories. Yes-we are pretty close. We all still get together for dinner every Sunday--all 26 of us!!

And yes, you go girl!!---you got it right!!:)

Janir

TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

Our next FP was for the wildest ride in the wilderness!!
View attachment 386131

The FP lines were super long that day.
View attachment 386132

Some of the crew.
View attachment 386133

E stayed off with J. He's afraid to ride it.
View attachment 386134

As we exited it started to rain slightly. E was waiting for us at the exit.
View attachment 386135

Then something pretty cool happened. The CM who was at the exit to the ride stopped us and asked us if BTMRR was our favorite ride. We all were a little confused & didn't know what to say. He asked us again & we said yes. He asked us if we would like to go on it again!! Such a neat moment!! I offered to stay off with J so E could ride it. The CM took them back in through the exit & they chatted for a few minutes while they were inside. He noticed R's shirt & asked if they were from Pittsburgh. He then asked R if he went to school there. R was wearing a Duquesne University shirt. R told him that he got one of his master's degrees there. The CM said that he had spent some time in Pittsburgh so he was familiar with the university. Then he told R that he was going to ask his fellow CM's to look at R's shirt & attempt to pronounce it. The CM predicted that none of them would be able to pronounce it correctly. He was right!!
View attachment 386136

View attachment 386137

View attachment 386138
That CM deserves a shout out for making a extra magical day for you guys!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

I told J he was going to have to stay with me while everyone else rode.
IMG_1322.JPEG

We took a selfie while we waited for the crew to come by.
IMG_1323.JPEG

They're at the back of the train.
IMG_1324.JPEG

IMG_1325.JPEG

I thought this was a pretty good one!!
IMG_1326.JPEG

We went in the gift shop by Splash Mountain next.
IMG_1327.JPEG

We were still in our FP window & E hadn't used hers. She gave J's band to A & they rode together. E's towards the back of the train. A's too short to be able to see her.
IMG_1328.JPEG

I saw a PP photographer & said we should get a group picture. I hate not getting one right away b/c something is always coming up & before you know it the trip is over & you don't have a photo. I'm glad we got this one b/c we only have one other one from this trip.
455035517.jpeg

455035665.jpeg

You can't see it too well but D's shirt is a tribute to Uncle Orville. It's one of his favorite attractions. It says "Uncle Orville" and there's a picture of a bathtub. It says something on the bathtub but I can't remember what. I'll have to ask him.

455035726.jpeg

DisneyGigi

TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

We had a 10:05 flight. What to do with myself until then? I know, I'd love to go to work!! :hilarious: Actually, I went in to tease my boss. In the month or so leading up to this trip my boss kept giving me a hard time(jokingly) b/c I was going to be off for 8 days. I make the schedules at my work & when people take their vacation & add on extra days to it I get irritated. So, my boss kept giving it to me saying "Vacations are 7 days, not 8." I let him talk, & talk, & talk for weeks. He was quite surprised to see me about 5:45 that morning. I told him I had to come in so he couldn't keep talking about how I took off for 8 days!! I did a few things at work & as I was leaving he told me he'd call me if anything came up that he couldn't handle. I knew that meant I'd be talking to him daily!!

The night before my niece, E was texting me about riding Dinosaur. I always tease her about that ride b/c she's really afraid of it.
View attachment 386000

She also sent me a picture of herself to inform me of how much rain they were experiencing.

View attachment 386001

I got home & we(R, B & myself) headed to E's house. The plan was to leave E's at 7:30.

J & Duffy are ready to go!!
View attachment 386002

As was L & B!!
View attachment 386003

So was E. Not so sure about R.....
View attachment 386004

J was ready to take pictures(of anything & everything) with the iPod that I bought him for his birthday!!
View attachment 386005

It's a good thing we left when we did. The rain started coming down in droves & for the longest time the traffic was in super slow motion on the parkway. It ended up taking us an hour to get to the airport when it normally takes about 30 minutes.
View attachment 386006

It may be a little hard to make out the screen but E had Hair Nation on & J was quite excited b/c Motley Crue came on. J really likes quite a few of their songs. I know, I know a 4 year old listening to & knowing the words to Motley Crue songs:jawdrop: sounds like super poor parenting but we are 80's children so he picked up on it from us. Please don't judge😰. Also, to put your mind at ease after watching "The Dirt", E deemed that it would not be appropriate for J to see it!!:hilarious:
View attachment 386007

We're going to Disney World!!
View attachment 385999

Oh.My.Gosh. This made me so lol and wonder which song it was...
Being a teen in the 80s- my room was literally wallpapered with Motley Crue until shortly after meeting B. He was a tad jealous. We went our first date a month after I saw them in concert on Dr. Feelgood tour. I was totally in love with Nikki Sixx til I met B- Lol! I listened to them in the car when my kids were little, I am sure- my son loves all 80s hair band stuff now. The Dirt was good, but raunchy, as I expected- 😳 Reminded me of the old Uncensored documentary video they did back in the day.
And - J is growing like crazy!

BrerWayne

TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

We had a 10:05 flight. What to do with myself until then? I know, I'd love to go to work!! :hilarious: Actually, I went in to tease my boss. In the month or so leading up to this trip my boss kept giving me a hard time(jokingly) b/c I was going to be off for 8 days. I make the schedules at my work & when people take their vacation & add on extra days to it I get irritated. So, my boss kept giving it to me saying "Vacations are 7 days, not 8." I let him talk, & talk, & talk for weeks. He was quite surprised to see me about 5:45 that morning. I told him I had to come in so he couldn't keep talking about how I took off for 8 days!! I did a few things at work & as I was leaving he told me he'd call me if anything came up that he couldn't handle. I knew that meant I'd be talking to him daily!!

The night before my niece, E was texting me about riding Dinosaur. I always tease her about that ride b/c she's really afraid of it.
View attachment 386000

She also sent me a picture of herself to inform me of how much rain they were experiencing.

View attachment 386001

I got home & we(R, B & myself) headed to E's house. The plan was to leave E's at 7:30.

J & Duffy are ready to go!!
View attachment 386002

As was L & B!!
View attachment 386003

So was E. Not so sure about R.....
View attachment 386004

J was ready to take pictures(of anything & everything) with the iPod that I bought him for his birthday!!
View attachment 386005

It's a good thing we left when we did. The rain started coming down in droves & for the longest time the traffic was in super slow motion on the parkway. It ended up taking us an hour to get to the airport when it normally takes about 30 minutes.
View attachment 386006

It may be a little hard to make out the screen but E had Hair Nation on & J was quite excited b/c Motley Crue came on. J really likes quite a few of their songs. I know, I know a 4 year old listening to & knowing the words to Motley Crue songs:jawdrop: sounds like super poor parenting but we are 80's children so he picked up on it from us. Please don't judge😰. Also, to put your mind at ease after watching "The Dirt", E deemed that it would not be appropriate for J to see it!!:hilarious:
View attachment 386007

We're going to Disney World!!
View attachment 385999
My five year old sings Bohemian Rhapsody. I consider it a parenting win.

Spash007

I somehow never realized J is the same age as C! Kids at that age are so interesting with their musical taste. C for awhile only wanted duets with boys and girls, preferably country. Now she’s a big Taylor Swift fan. I’ve tried (unsuccessfully) to go in the more Rock direction, but at least Taylor has enough variance to her music since we listen to it every morning on the way to school lol

lindawdw

I was so happy to see that you posted another TR!!!:) It's so nice that you have a big family that enjoys traveling together so much! I can't get over how much bigger "J" looks since your last TR. I have to remember about the stamp that they put on letters when mailed from the MK! That was so nice of the CM to surprise you all with another ride on BTMRR!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
I keep looking for my friend and I in the background of your MK pics, but I believe this is either when we were eating at LTT maybe? And, P graduated from Duquesne so I am familiar :)

Love the group shots!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh.My.Gosh. This made me so lol and wonder which song it was...
Being a teen in the 80s- my room was literally wallpapered with Motley Crue until shortly after meeting B. He was a tad jealous. We went our first date a month after I saw them in concert on Dr. Feelgood tour. I was totally in love with Nikki Sixx til I met B- Lol! I listened to them in the car when my kids were little, I am sure- my son loves all 80s hair band stuff now. The Dirt was good, but raunchy, as I expected- 😳 Reminded me of the old Uncensored documentary video they did back in the day.
And - J is growing like crazy!
It was "Take Me To The Top". His favorites are "Girls, Girls, Girls" and "Kickstart My Heart"!! I keep telling him that "Primal Scream" is one of my favorites so I've been trying to introduce him to that one!! My youngest brother is 14 years younger than me & he grew up knowing all the hair band music too b/c just like you said--being in the car--I guess he really didn't have much choice!! I totally agree, The Dirt was raunchy but good. I read the book when it first came out & thought it was great but it's even worse than the movie!! But it's Motley Crue so I pretty much expected it!! To this day I always say that they put on the best concerts that I've ever seen!! Too bad they say they're not going to tour anymore.
I know--I can't believe it myself. I'm going to blame it on the heat. I did think of you when we rode it though!! :)
My five year old sings Bohemian Rhapsody. I consider it a parenting win.
Amen to that!!
Does the bathtub say "no privacy around this place"? Lol
That would make sense!! Actually this is what it looks like:
2573333_0.jpg

I somehow never realized J is the same age as C! Kids at that age are so interesting with their musical taste. C for awhile only wanted duets with boys and girls, preferably country. Now she’s a big Taylor Swift fan. I’ve tried (unsuccessfully) to go in the more Rock direction, but at least Taylor has enough variance to her music since we listen to it every morning on the way to school lol
I think a lot of it has to do with what their parents & the people they're around a lot listen to. I took a liking to Taylor Swift in her earlier days. I didn't have much choice--my nieces were younger then & I think I took them to her shows for 3 tours in a row!!
I was so happy to see that you posted another TR!!!:) It's so nice that you have a big family that enjoys traveling together so much! I can't get over how much bigger "J" looks since your last TR. I have to remember about the stamp that they put on letters when mailed from the MK! That was so nice of the CM to surprise you all with another ride on BTMRR!
Thanks so much--glad you're here!! Yes--he must have gone through a growth spurt here recently b/c he seems to be taller. There's a difference in his interests now also. He's not doing as many "little boy" things. The surprise ride was very nice--it was a great way to start the trip!!
I keep looking for my friend and I in the background of your MK pics, but I believe this is either when we were eating at LTT maybe? And, P graduated from Duquesne so I am familiar :)

Love the group shots!
R was disappointed that we weren't eating at LTT on this trip. Hopefully next time! We ended up not being at MK much longer that day--the monsoon that came in after dinner changed our plans. I did keep an eye out for you since I knew you were going to be there. Another Duquesne grad--that's cool!! My sister,C graduated from there also!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

We parted ways with C's family & planned to meet after dinner for our last FP. B picked this restaurant. She really likes it here.
IMG_1330.JPEG

Our reservation was for 5:40. We didn't get called in until 5:55. While waiting we were sitting on these rocks. There was still room for a few more people. J noticed some people coming over to sit down also. I guess he didn't want them sitting by him b/c he casually put his leg on the rock to block them from sitting. Then he stared straight ahead like he didn't want to acknowledge what he had just did!!o_O It was kind of funny but we had to correct him for not being very nice!!
IMG_1331.JPEG

We were seated in the West Wing. I was excited b/c that is the only room I hadn't eaten in. I was surprised at how small it really is in there. I was glad to have dinner in there but I don't think I'd be disappointed if I never ate in there again. It's way too dark & you can barely see your food. It reminds me of Sci-Fi.
IMG_1332.JPEG

IMG_1334.JPEG

IMG_1336.JPEG

IMG_1337.JPEG

I had a glass of Pinot Grigio. I don't believe I mentioned it yet but we were on the dining plan. Not my choice:rolleyes: R wanted it b/c he said he likes the feeling of it being "all inclusive". I told him it's a waste of money esp. considering we could use the AP discount at the table service restaurants. I'm not normally a person that orders dessert but it's one of those things where you feel like you have to get it since you've basically paid for it. IMO it's too much food esp. for that time of year when it's so darn hot. At the end of the trip we still had a bunch of QS meals left so I gave one of my bands to C & told her to use them up. Next year I'm putting my foot down with him--no more dining plan!!
IMG_1338.JPEG

I had the tuna for my appetizer.
IMG_1339.JPEG

B had the mixed field greens.
IMG_1340.JPEG

I had the pan-seared sea scallops for dinner. Both the scallops & tuna were very good!!
IMG_1341.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

B had the filet. R & E did also. I believe L had the chicken. B was next to me so that's why I took pictures of her food. It was too dark to get pictures of the other ones.
IMG_1342.JPEG

Except J b/c he was right across from me. He had chicken.
IMG_1343.JPEG

B with the dessert trio. She really likes the grey stuff. I like the macaroon. The truffle is too rich for me.
IMG_1345.JPEG

Then it was time to meet the Beast!!
455096055.jpeg

455096060.jpeg

455096084.jpeg

455096350.jpeg

455096389.jpeg

455096407.jpeg

455096425.jpeg

We all enjoyed our dinner!!:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom