Wookies, & Rebels, & Droids... OH WHY?! The Anti-SWL in Disneyland Thread

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
You'd think they'd be able to call any number of voice actors for these things ... Yet new park projects churn out mediocre narrations left and right. The railroad and auction scene being the biggest offenders.

My thing is, why did the narration for Railroad have to change at all? There was literally no point.

Redd is just awful. Her voice, the narration, everything. Rosita’s voice is terrible as well. It shouldn’t be this difficult to find adequate voice actors and actresses.

SuddenStorm

My thing is, why did the narration for Railroad have to change at all? There was literally no point.

Redd is just awful. Her voice, the narration, everything. Rosita’s voice is terrible as well. It shouldn’t be this difficult to find adequate voice actors and actresses.
Rosita's another excellent example of WDI butchering a decent idea with the execution.

Rich T

rosita.jpg

Curious Constance

It’s really starting to feel like Disney will never do anything right again. I’m not sure how they keep messing everything up so royally for reasons that end up being huge mistakes in and of themselves. They have the rights to all these huge, coveted things that have been around for decades (Disneyland, Star Wars etc) and they keep making decision after decision that cheapens them, lessens them, risks their future etc. Whyyyyyy? Think beyond your next paycheck people!

lazyboy97o

It’s really starting to feel like Disney will never do anything right again. I’m not sure how they keep messing everything up so royally for reasons that end up being huge mistakes in and of themselves. They have the rights to all these huge, coveted things that have been around for decades (Disneyland, Star Wars etc) and they keep making decision after decision that cheapens them, lessens them, risks their future etc. Whyyyyyy? Think beyond your next paycheck people!
Bob Iger, Tom Staggs and Bob Chapek have a combined 0 days prior experience in theme parks.

Curious Constance

Bob Iger, Tom Staggs and Bob Chapek have a combined 0 days prior experience in theme parks.
Yes, but lots of us with no experience in theme parks can see what they’re doing and realize the mistakes they are making a mile away. These people aren’t dumb. I think they think they can get away with it and don’t really care ultimately what they do to the integrity of the parks/brands. They know eventually someone will pay the piper for their short sided choices but by then they will be long gone.

lazyboy97o

Yes, but lots of us with no experience in theme parks can see what they’re doing and realize the mistakes they are making a mile away. These people aren’t dumb. I think they think they can get away with it and don’t really care ultimately what they do to the integrity of the parks/brands. They know eventually someone will pay the piper for their short sided choices but by then they will be long gone.
Yes, but you like theme parks. They don’t and don’t think it is a respectable medium or type of leisure.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It really is absolutely shocking how shamelessly Disney ripped off Universal's Harry Potter attraction yet got it so wrong. I feel kind of terrible about it. Between this and Madonna's latest piece of crap album, I'm having this dreadful feeling...I don't want to play any more, you guys.
Just remember you got Emotional Whirlwind to get all emo over while you ride it over and over this summer. :p

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Forgive me if I’m reading between the lines incorrectly, but are you saying I’m exactly the type of leader the theme parks need?

I think many posters in these forums have more of a clue about theme parks in general than those who have run P&R back to and including Rasulo. I still think Matt Ouimet would have been amazing as the head of P&R. He "got it", but that's in direct conflict to the current regime's profits-above-all-else philosophy. :mad:

Rich T

It really is absolutely shocking how shamelessly Disney ripped off Universal's Harry Potter attraction yet got it so wrong. I feel kind of terrible about it.
I'd find it hilarious if it wasn't DL they were mucking up. You can watch any travel vlog about the Potter lands and instantly see (and hear) how inviting, joyous and fun those worlds look. They look welcoming! They look pleasant! You can recognize everything and hear wonderful background music! And then Disney decides "let's do that--but make it unpleasant & dreary and include nearly nothing recognizable."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom