Trip Report Livin' La Vida Local

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

For those of you that have been following my adventures for awhile now, welcome back! 😊 For those of you that are just joining my adventures, I'll do some quick introductions before we jump on in!

I'm Brittany and this is my prince, Dylan. ❤️ We are from Pennsylvania and got engaged at MK a little over a year ago. We took a page from Walt's book shortly thereafter and chased our dreams, leading us to central Florida. I teach 1st grade and Dylan works at the Magnolia/Palm (Disney) golf courses located across from the Poly and Grand Floridian. After living in FL for a full year now, we are 100% certain that we won't be moving back to PA. We are Floridians through and through and can't imagine living our crazy life together anywhere else. ☺️
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_65bb.jpg

You'll see lots of faces in my report (including some of yours!), but this is the one you'll see most often. 😉 This is my very best Disney friend, Brooke (@wishes2013)! We met through this site and were brought together when we realized that we would both be teaching 1st grade at the same school. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you can either find us at school or Disney... we're together more often than we're not. 😋
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61ce.jpg

You can find the ongoing trip report that chronicles our first year living in FL and being passholders here. 😊 This report will serve as more of a "highlight reel," rather than detailing every moment of every trip we take to the parks. But fear not, there will still be lots of report to read! If you're looking for your Disney fix or a way to chase those Disney blues away, you can most certainly find it here. 🤗

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Last edited:

Songbird76

Show #3: Fastpass; I got in line at 5:30pm (walked out of the theater from the previous show and got in the FP line immediately) and was let into the theater at 4:46pm.
So how did you turn back time? ;)

Happy wedding day!! I'm sure you're not on here today, but I hope you have a beautiful day and it's everything you dreamed of!

Songbird76

Monday, May 27 - 2nd Annual Memorial Day Extravaganza!

We arrived at AK and attempted to watch FoLK, but they cut the line off just before we got in. :confused: We went and grabbed some treats to cool off with while we waited for the next show! I had the new one with the watermelon syrup and coconut rum. It was good!
View attachment 382661

Because it would be un-American to visit AK without watching Lion King. :joyfull:
View attachment 382659

View attachment 382662

View attachment 382663

View attachment 382664

View attachment 382665

We had a late lunch at Flame Tree and then grabbed our "American" picture for AK. :joyfull:
View attachment 382658

View attachment 382660
What about meeting Pocohontas? She's Native American....I think that's pretty American!

Songbird76

If you manage to get on here today, some unsolicited advice: Make sure to eat something!! When my DH and I got married, we had a sort of buffet, and we went through the line, got our plates of food, and as soon as we sat down, the DJ called us up for our first dance. It caught me off guard, but I figured we'd just eat after the song was over, but I got back to the table, and my food was gone. So I thought, ok, I'll go get more, but they were already tearing down the buffet, so I never got to eat, and by the time the night ended, after all the dancing, I was STARVING. We have a fantastic time, and everyone was dancing and interacting and it was just so so so much fun, but we had to go to McDonalds afterwards because it was the only thing still open. So take any opportunity you have to stuff your face while you can, before you are whisked away for more pictures, or a dance with this person, or that tradition, etc. Have fun!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
If you manage to get on here today, some unsolicited advice: Make sure to eat something!! When my DH and I got married, we had a sort of buffet, and we went through the line, got our plates of food, and as soon as we sat down, the DJ called us up for our first dance. It caught me off guard, but I figured we'd just eat after the song was over, but I got back to the table, and my food was gone. So I thought, ok, I'll go get more, but they were already tearing down the buffet, so I never got to eat, and by the time the night ended, after all the dancing, I was STARVING. We have a fantastic time, and everyone was dancing and interacting and it was just so so so much fun, but we had to go to McDonalds afterwards because it was the only thing still open. So take any opportunity you have to stuff your face while you can, before you are whisked away for more pictures, or a dance with this person, or that tradition, etc. Have fun!!

Lol! Neither of us had appetites, honestly. We had really great food and had been looking forward to eating it for a year (we got to taste test last summer), so we were both annoyed with ourselves! We picked at our plates and did have a little bit of everything, but we both wished that we had been able to get ourselves to eat more. Our caterer was kind enough to make us a plate to take home, though. :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Congrats on the marriage! I hope your day was magical!! Hope the buffet line was good... LOLOL 😆

The buffet line was incredible! 😂 Fortunately for me, the caterer served us so I didn’t have to worry about anybody taking food off of my plate. 😜

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing - loved seeing the unexpected hidden Mickeys (though I probably should have expected them 😂). There are so many great pictures but that last one of just you is gorgeous 😀

Songbird76

You looked gorgeous!! I love that first picture, with everyone in Mickey Ears! So cute! Dylan cracks me up...his face in the picture with the bubbles, and then him holding a drink while he's twirling you on the dance floor. Great candid moments!

So, how long before you chop your hair now? And should we be looking for a different name on here in the near future?

Thanks for posting pictures! Now go enjoy your honeymoon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom