News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

HauntedMansionFLA

Tea Cups and a Carousel would be an utter disappointment. I can go on either of those at any carnival of fair... How about unique Disney attractions instead of aiming so low.
I know you would love for it to be a meet and greet ;)
They really don’t have much to work with in that little area. World ShowPlace isn’t going anywhere.

Bocabear

B-ticket attractions are rare these days, but they do help round out a park. I wouldn't be against it.
Yes...I suppose, but EPCOT need attractions in World Showcase...I don't think a carousel is quite the scale of what's needed...and quite frankly at this point, every country should already have an attraction and there should have been more pavilions added decades ago... In the game of Catch-up, a carousel or teacups are just...too little too late...

jt04

Yes...I suppose, but EPCOT need attractions in World Showcase...I don't think a carousel is quite the scale of what's needed...and quite frankly at this point, every country should already have an attraction and there should have been more pavilions added decades ago... In the game of Catch-up, a carousel or teacups are just...too little too late...

Moving the tea cups would allow the parades to serpentine through Fantasyland and then around the hub. Rerouting the parade would have the domino effect of allowing expansion in the Big Thunder/Splash bottleneck and beyond. Also allows for Liberty Square to reflect the original vision as a mostly enclosed immersive land.

One little change could create a much more functional MK.

Plus the World Showcase needs a few B and C tickets.

peter11435

Moving the tea cups would allow the parades to serpentine through Fantasyland and then around the hub. Rerouting the parade would have the domino effect of allowing expansion in the Big Thunder/Splash bottleneck and beyond. Also allows for Liberty Square to reflect the original vision as a mostly enclosed immersive land.

One little change could create a much more functional MK.

Plus the World Showcase needs a few B and C tickets.
Your keyboard should be frozen in a block of ice

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Your keyboard should be frozen in a block of ice
giphy.gif

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Sadly there are only 3 left in the world so I doubt Disney would be up for it. Rye's moves a bit faster but Cedar Points still has moving horses.

Shoot, all the more reason to do it! The rarity makes it unique and Disney is all about creating perceived originality in their attractions. A revival would be nice! I would definitely support it being added to WS. A solid B+, C ticket. Their Junkyard Jamboree, Alien Swirling Saucers ride is essentially a take on "The Whip" so it's not like they haven't used a carnival classic with good bones as a means to inventing a new attraction. This one at least seems a logical choice. And certainly better than a carousel.

Chupaca Bruh

Disney built The Golden Zephyr and Mickey’s FunWheel (can’t pronounce that new name) both of which are based on old rides, of which there are only one or two left. Building a racing carousel is exactly the kind of thing they should do. Instead of buying off the shelf flat rides they need to reinvent some. Something you can’t experience just anywhere.

Bocabear

How about this one...

I LOVE the Steeplechase idea, but it takes lots of land, and can you even imagine what it would look like with 21st century ADA compliant harnessing? There would be so many straps and bars it would no longer resemble a horse...lol...
Is this whole addition idea dead now? or just down to adding a crappy carousel and that is it?

ToTBellHop

I LOVE the Steeplechase idea, but it takes lots of land, and can you even imagine what it would look like with 21st century ADA compliant harnessing? There would be so many straps and bars it would no longer resemble a horse...lol...
Is this whole addition idea dead now? or just down to adding a crappy carousel and that is it?
We are down to
Image result for small carousel

trainplane3

Even though we're down to a flat ride here, a modern 21st century steeplechase would be...

http://s-s.com/rides/steeplechase-coaster/
And they actually built a test setup out at their facility last year:
3319ec2ba72e7440590b1e97dc344dde.jpg

Their announcement image even used that specific Steeplechase too:
cd978f184b769cb4dcdb10b50d1914cf.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom