All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
I wonder how much they got paid a hour?
I would assume they get paid fairly well for singing and dancing since I see them year round at different shows. I've seen the same dance crew used in various other shows the rest of the year. They are very talented. I've seen the same singers do similar shows in the Saloon and Bird Cage. I've also noticed the same stunt show people rob the train between performances and many of the Ghost Town actors show up at Haunt. It's kind of fun seeing the same entertainment people year after year. You become a fan. That is another thing that is become more rare at Disneyland. There isn't very many long time entertainers at Disneyland anymore. How many people make it a point to see the piano player at Coke Corner anymore?

Phroobar

Original Poster
Knott's exact replica of Independence Hall. The building has been used in such movies as 1776 and National Treasure. It is 20ft taller than the Matterhorn at Disneyland.
images.ashx

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
A replica of the Liberty Bell. This was a gift created by Bud Hurlbut. It was casted to have a weak spot for the crack. When they cooled the bell, the crack never happened. They tried a jackhammer, sledgehammer and dry ice to make it crack correctly but it never did. Finally Bud used a heliarc torch and burned though the bell. Therefore it was cut not cracked. The bell is in the exact spot it was in Boston until 1976 when it was moved to it's own structure.

IMG_9258.jpg

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Knotts continues Summer Nights.

Here is the mariachi band playing. They were ok. They spoke mostly in spanish to the crowd.

full

Hiatus preforming most week nights this summer.

full

Inbetween bands is the DJ.

full

Phroobar

Original Poster
Duncan Disorderly...
That is one of the summer nights characters. They interact with guests and provide streetmosphere during the concerts. There is a boy scout troop leader named Justin Credible. All the things Disneyland should be doing but has completely forgotten how to do this summer.

TP2000

Okay, wait a minute. Everybody stop.

Knott's Berry Farm has a walk-around character for their summer party season named Duncan Disorderly? And he's dressed like an attendee at a 1950's Shriners Convention, with BYOB spelled out in felt on his Fez? Holy cow. :D

This tells me two very important things;
  1. Knott's Berry Farm is getting much funnier than they used to be (Sorry, Snoopy was never my thing), and that they have an executive team who has the cojones to occasionally tell the Legal and HR teams to just relax and remember it's only a theme park. Disney Parks takes itself soooo seriously now, everything is so corporate and bland. But apparently that's not the case at Knott's.
  2. Knott's Berry Farm has a bigger budget and more ability to be creative with their walk-around characters than Disneyland. I was in Star Wars Land last week for three hours over two separate visits, and the only walk-around characters I saw were two bored Stormtroopers. The other CM's ignored me and just talked to themselves about scheduling complaints and workplace gossip.
Duncan Disorderly. That makes me so happy to know a theme park can still have fun and laugh and not worry about the dolts in Legal.

NobodyElse

Okay, wait a minute. Everybody stop.

Knott's Berry Farm has a walk-around character for their summer party season named Duncan Disorderly? And he's dressed like an attendee at a 1950's Shriners Convention, with BYOB spelled out in felt on his Fez? Holy cow. :D

This tells me two very important things;
  1. Knott's Berry Farm is getting much funnier than they used to be (Sorry, Snoopy was never my thing), and that they have an executive team who has the cojones to occasionally tell the Legal and HR teams to just relax and remember it's only a theme park. Disney Parks takes itself soooo seriously now, everything is so corporate and bland. But apparently that's not the case at Knott's.
  2. Knott's Berry Farm has a bigger budget and more ability to be creative with their walk-around characters than Disneyland. I was in Star Wars Land last week for three hours over two separate visits, and the only walk-around characters I saw were two bored Stormtroopers. The other CM's ignored me and just talked to themselves about scheduling complaints and workplace gossip.
Duncan Disorderly. That makes me so happy to know a theme park can still have fun and laugh and not worry about the dolts in Legal.

Yeah, a character named like that could have gone several ways. It looks to me like they went more toward "Party Dude", and less toward "Lovable Foster Brooks", which was a wise choice in my book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom