Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

RandySavage

Walls down around Soaring. Plenty of excellent detail work to praise... but since this is the internet... I've been wondering if OLC can/will do something about the big open view into backstage that can now be had from the Fortress ramparts:

Also, Here's a before-and-after comparison from the ground:

Source for more pics:

Tyler161

Wow, truly looks like it has been there since day one; no piecemeal shoehorned in development. Imagineers must love playing around and getting to work at TDS, what a dream!

Those are slightly glaring sight lines, is it noticeable in many places? I wonder what could be done to cover them up, can hardly complain though. Can’t wait to visit one day

Timothy_Q

Wow, truly looks like it has been there since day one; no piecemeal shoehorned in development. Imagineers must love playing around and getting to work at TDS, what a dream!

Those are slightly glaring sight lines, is it noticeable in many places? I wonder what could be done to cover them up, can hardly complain though. Can’t wait to visit one day
Before Soarin, there were some backstage buildings that could also be seen from the fortress, before the trees matured.

Those received painted flats that mimicked the mediterranean aesthetic of architecture.
I imagine the same will happen to these

TDS 1.jpg
TDS 2.jpg

ThemeParkTraveller

Regarding that open view of the backstage area, I hope they will replant all the trees they removed during the construction of Soarin'. I figure the natural berm that was there before was displaced only temporarily to facilitate construction and ease of access to that area.

ThemeParkTraveller

What are the chances of soft openings for this ride?! It doesn't officially open for another month but I mean it looks just about complete to me :cool:

They are having a special preview for 400 lucky guests on July 19 (one hour only), so that's probably the earliest the attraction will be open.

SweetDuffy101

Actually Preview lotteries for Sponsors Has been quite alot were talking about thousands rolling out , for awhile now and in various Disney Japan fan Clubs and sites.

On a side note Those who received the special Ticket for the preview, The Ticket Preview Cant be reselled through online cause there is an embedded serial code that OLC can easily track that person and be banned from any lottery in the future.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

There's been a lot of promotion for Minnie lately:
  • Minnie Vans
  • Minnie as Captain of the Disney Cruise Ship, not just the Cruise Director
  • Minnie will host the new Christmas fireworks at MK.
I’m really liking this Minnie focus. Reminds me of the efforts back in the 80s of making Minnie her own character outside of Mickey.

mickeyfan5534

Yes! Totally Minnie! Great music went with that promotion!! Trendy but not too modern, nothing like MISI!
Meh. I think that if they did Totally Minnie now a days it’d get the same reaction Get Your Ears On had (Get Your Ears On is a bop and I won’t hear any different)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom