Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
It sorta was! You would love it! :hungry:

Thank you for reading!

I was wondering if anyone would be confused by that.....:hilarious:

Yes, I read that the weather did not improve much after we left. Blame @Darstarr....she wasn’t there, but she seems to have magical control over rain. :joyfull:

Howdy, Sabrina!
Not my fault!!! Honest!!! But it has been raining a lot here at home. Hmmmm....

Songbird76

Grilled chicken sandwich with roasted red pepper aioli for me. (And before you say, “you didn’t have the turkey?!” @Songbird76 ~ roasted red pepper anything > turkey. Every time.)
Turkey and chicken are very similar, so as @Darstarr says, "I will allow it."

My husband got that giant soda when we were there in 2016. Then, DS, trying to get the same thing, drank his soda really quickly and asked for a refill and was brought a mason jar the size of a salt/pepper shaker. The server told him he'd better not drink it too fast, because that's all he was getting. He drank it down, and she put him in jail....he cried.

MissViv

Are your sandals teva or chacos? I had a pair of chacos and ended up giving them to my daughter because I didn't like the toe piece but want to order another pair without the toe piece, like yours, and am torn between the two.

monykalyn

Back to live vicariously again, bummer about the illness though. Bet those steroids put a dent in the food budget too! Steroids-great for making you feel better fast, bad bad bad for making clothes become too tight!

We are not planning a Disney trip til 2021, but I may have bought an AP voucher from Sams club before price increased there too :p Just need to resist activating before then

Omg that chocolate molten loveliness...

slipperalwaysfits

I'm glad you seem to be on the mend from your first day illness!
Maybe you guys will get back to Tiki Sam's this trip? Perhaps you'll dine with Tony?
Yay for Fireworks ending the evening from your balcony! Perfect!

Thankfully it was the only flash photo she took.
I love that people are excited about the rides, it is ridiculous how so many people think the rules don't apply to them. Maybe she's a non-native English speaker.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No

Songbird76

Wow! Did you just recently see Lilo and Stitch or do you have the worlds best memory???

😊

Wait....
What?
Sorry...it's a Gilmore Girls reference. When she said you seemed to have control over the rain, it reminded me of a scene in Gilmore Girls where they are having a town meeting and ganging up on Luke, and Lorelai sarcastically says "I heard he controls the weather and wrote the screenplay for Glitter!"

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
My husband got that giant soda when we were there in 2016. Then, DS, trying to get the same thing, drank his soda really quickly and asked for a refill and was brought a mason jar the size of a salt/pepper shaker. The server told him he'd better not drink it too fast, because that's all he was getting. He drank it down, and she put him in jail....he cried.
I’m so sorry the server upset your son. ☹️

Are your sandals teva or chacos? I had a pair of chacos and ended up giving them to my daughter because I didn't like the toe piece but want to order another pair without the toe piece, like yours, and am torn between the two.
Mine are Teva. Em’s are Chacos. I also don’t like the toe piece and the Chacos footbed is very stiff compared to Teva. The Teva footbed has more “give” and flexibility. It also has good support and is real comfortable.

I'll put in a good word for Teva. I love wearing mine at Disney.
Me too!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Sorry...it's a Gilmore Girls reference. When she said you seemed to have control over the rain, it reminded me of a scene in Gilmore Girls where they are having a town meeting and ganging up on Luke, and Lorelai sarcastically says "I heard he controls the weather and wrote the screenplay for Glitter!"
Is that the show I am suppose to watch? I better get on it, all these jokes are flying over my head.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bet those steroids put a dent in the food budget too! Steroids-great for making you feel better fast, bad bad bad for making clothes become too tight!
True words! I ate more this trip than usual, especially treats. :facepalm:
Good decision to get that AP voucher while it was still “cheap.”

Hmmm I've been gone a week and I only had a few pages to read... pout!
Sorry but I was caring for a 2 1/2 year old for a couple days!

Is that the show I am suppose to watch? I better get on it, all these jokes are flying over my head.
You have boys. It’s quite understandable that you missed Gilmore Girls on its original run. 😉
It’s best watched with a girlfriend or niece (if you have one.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'll put in a good word for Teva. I love wearing mine at Disney.

I find the "fit" of different shoes all over the place, and many just don't "make it" for me.

So, the reason why I love Tevas is because of all the adjustments you can make on them -- you can customize exactly to your foot size. I've been a fan of Tevas for many years now! :happy:

P.S.: One of the pairs I have is all black -- I've snuck those on even in the (warmer) parts of winter (with no snow!). I'll wear black socks with them, so unless you look closely, you won't realize I have sandals on -- especially because I wear long slacks. Hubs thinks I'm crazy when I do that! :p

MissViv

I ordered both pairs from Zappos and plan on keeping the best fitting and returning the other. The Teva's were cheaper so sounds like a deal. They said Teva's run large so I ordered an 8 and a 9 on the Chacos. Hope they fit!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, June 9

Our first bubble morning! Per usual I was up before Em but it wasn’t long after that we were enjoying another Entenmann’s breakfast. Em made coffee. Aren’t the packets cute?

2A177A17-1C10-40E0-80D0-ADC6A696774B.jpeg

146E1D8C-EFC1-42AC-B67E-06DEB63EEBFC.jpeg

Based on Woody’s recommendation she brewed both packets, since one does not produce much coffee. But the coffee still wasn’t as strong as she likes, so for the remainder of our stay she drank coffee from Roaring Fork.

By 8:30 am we were at the bus stop. But where were we headed?

58AE7672-7ABA-40AF-BBDC-9A5BD6E438F5.jpeg

Based on Em’s Lion King shirt, a guess of Animal Kingdom would not be farfetched....for most people.

We aren’t most people.

Animal Kingdom during the summer? Pass.

Instead we are the people who return to the park we just visited the previous night.

C7506ED9-D999-457A-A8D7-9911066E0F55.jpeg

Apparently no one else is crazy enough to do that. We had the bus all to ourselves.

5264374C-7EAA-4629-BB30-22876E758F82.jpeg

#ShirleyStatus

525528BA-7726-406B-9D6B-96326AE5C5D0.jpeg

Not much of a crowd at the tapstiles.

3582BB62-9670-447D-B10D-3150B75C6DF8.jpeg

Patriotic bunting adorned the train station...perhaps for the Memorial Day/Flag Day/4th of July trifecta?

3736168E-967A-4917-8C6B-6CB6F47804D6.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom