Easiest Transportation from Paris

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Help a brother out... easiest way or favorite mode of transportation in lay mans terms. I’m an American, I get to drive everywhere... we don’t have trains here.

kap91

I’ll be staying in the Marais... and is a walk from the train station to DLP / hotels possible or a taxi required?
You can take the Paris metro to the rer (two different types of train. Basically like subway vs commuter rail in the states. They sell combo tickets at the metro stations.

The Disneyland Paris train station is right outside the park so yes you can easily walk to the entrance. All the hotels can be walked to too - though depending on which hotel you're staying it you might want to take a taxi to it after the train as I think the further ones might be like a mile walk. (They're might be a shuttle too not sure)

ToTBellHop

You can take the Paris metro to the rer (two different types of train. Basically like subway vs commuter rail in the states. They sell combo tickets at the metro stations.

The Disneyland Paris train station is right outside the park so yes you can easily walk to the entrance. All the hotels can be walked to too - though depending on which hotel you're staying it you might want to take a taxi to it after the train as I think the further ones might be like a mile walk. (They're might be a shuttle too not sure)
You can also drop your bags off at the DLP train station and they'll take them to the resort if you're staying on site, which is nice.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Yes but this is not free! :)
There are shuttles to all hotels if needed, although you probably wouldn't need one for Sequoia Lodge or for Newport.

While it is true that you could walk from the train station to the hotels, personally I take the shuttle bus when I’m arriving with my suitcase (even if it only a small weekender). Security at the hotels is much quicker to go through coming off the shuttle than security to get into the village and parks from the train station side.

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
While it is true that you could walk from the train station to the hotels, personally I take the shuttle bus when I’m arriving with my suitcase (even if it only a small weekender). Security at the hotels is much quicker to go through coming off the shuttle than security to get into the village and parks from the train station side.

That’s weird ... we walked in from the bottom floor and walked right in. I actually had to go through later because I had left a bag inside the luggage check.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
That’s weird ... we walked in from the bottom floor and walked right in. I actually had to go through later because I had left a bag inside the luggage check.

If you walked in from the bottom floor I assume you are talking about the Newport? And if that is the case, you would have already gone thru security to walk thru the village, so there would have been no need to go thru security a second time.

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
If you walked in from the bottom floor I assume you are talking about the Newport? And if that is the case, you would have already gone thru security to walk thru the village, so there would have been no need to go thru security a second time.
Nope, Sequoia.

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Which means you went thru security to go thru the village - hence no security to go thru when you enter the Sequoia from the village side, but why you did have to go thru it when you picked up your luggage from the main entrance side.

Valid point... you’re 100% right

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom