Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

OrlandoRising

Thanks for that!

Could you perhaps follow up and ask whether any theft report was filed? And if not, how can they say it was stolen without that?

I mean, they can't say they want to keep it under wraps if they're willing to send out an email saying it was stolen.

In the email, I did ask if OCSO received a report that the entire animatronic was stolen, and if so, when was that report filed and whether the investigation was still active. Also asked for a case number. The answer to all of that was "Yes, the animatronic is stolen. However, that is still a very active investigation and we do not have additional details at this time."

It's typical for police not to divulge many details of investigations that are still considered active, as doing so could potentially hamper the work of their detectives, but it's not unheard of for them to confirm that an investigation exists.

GhostlyGoofy

In the email, I did ask if OCSO received a report that the entire animatronic was stolen, and if so, when was that report filed and whether the investigation was still active. Also asked for a case number. The answer to all of that was "Yes, the animatronic is stolen. However, that is still a very active investigation and we do not have additional details at this time."

It's typical for police not to divulge many details of investigations that are still considered active, as doing so could potentially hamper the work of their detectives, but it's not unheard of for them to confirm that an investigation exists.

Thanks for your transparency and sharing.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Those were literally just reposts of the same story with wrong info though lol (Face mold being Buzzy’s mutilated head,etc)

It was Buzzy’s face skin, not the mold, Hoot said so!!!

“The face skin that surfaced online was an old skin that was thrown away and replaced as part of routine maintenance years ago. I've seen that exact skin in person and I know who owns it. It was not Buzzy's stolen head like some reports said.”

😉😁

[Just picking, I do very much appreciate and enjoy Hoot’s past work and current insights, but I’m more compelled by the Orlando Rising reports unless we get something more tangible from the ‘not stolen’ crowd]

Dragonman

It was Buzzy’s face skin, not the mold, Hoot said so!!!

“The face skin that surfaced online was an old skin that was thrown away and replaced as part of routine maintenance years ago. I've seen that exact skin in person and I know who owns it. It was not Buzzy's stolen head like some reports said.”

😉😁

[Just picking, I do very much appreciate and enjoy Hoot’s past work and current insights, but I’m more compelled by the Orlando Rising reports unless we get something more tangible from the ‘not stolen’ crowd]

Basically, it’s a mold pull of his face skin. Hence why it doesn’t have any eyes or additional features.

Dragonman

In all sincerity, does Hoot really have that much insider info?

Yes, he knows a bunch of employees. You can ask him yourself if you want additional info about that or Buzzy.

He also had this to say : “I've been interviewed a few times but I don't think they liked what I had to say. So far no law enforcement folks, or Disney security people have asked me anything.”

Regarding pictures of Buzzy he doesn’t want to get anyone fired. I wouldn’t either so we’ll just have to be patient.

Last edited:

GhostlyGoofy

I think it would be great, if this years Halloween Horror Nights, had someone work a "Buzzy" reference into one of the houses.. BTW

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I'm guessing it's become a fight because people like Hoot don't want to admit either they were wrong or they repeated secondhand information that ended up being wrong. I certainly understand why most people *thought* there was no way Buzzy was stolen after the police issued a report about the gloves being taken. It seemed absurd to me that Disney could let security become so lax for an area that it would have already known to be a target for thieves. But the police statement is quite definitive that the theft occurred.

People that are upset can at least take solace that Hoot was apparently right before he was apparently wrong. Everybody wins!! 😁

7D15FF8A-C771-4E85-B4CA-1524087F2624.png

Dragonman

If he’s actually there and shows up in the Guardians queue then I’m sure a lot of people will be feeling either confused or happy. There’s gonna be a lot of explaining to do though.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's not impossible for the two stories to both be true: He was stolen but then recovered and there is an open case regarding the extent of accomplices in the theft. Maybe he was stolen and then hidden somewhere backstage to be picked up later, but was discovered.

Still waiting on a police report to be made public, or an official announcement that is more than confirming something to a journalist's inquiry.

GhostlyGoofy

I am going to wait until we get some kind of police report or court transcript.

At this point Hoot could just be blowing smoke.

Ensign could have seen a reproduction.

Buzzy could have been returned or found on property after a botched attempt to steal him.

In an effort to score brownie points with the company, after an awful week, T#m C#rl#s could have volunteered to put on the bomber Jacket and will stand in the guardians Queue

We don't know!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom