Any foods NOT at WDW that you wish were offered somewhere on premises???

MickeyLuv'r

Rose & Crown should, in the mornings, do a proper Full English breakfast. And beans on toast! I'm always craving the latter after a long trip to WDW.

As a whole QS food is better in variety then it used to be, but it concerns me too that every time a particularly unique option is offered, it's removed or blanded down over time. Not everyone wants to eat bland chicken fingers (though I like Disney's chicken nuggets now and then) or boring salads so places like Satuli are a must-do.
As a whole, I always say, I 'd like to see more produce at WDW.

I agree, most WDW salads are just boring. And well, if you want a lunch that's heavy on veggies, the only option is usually a basic salad. I'd greatly appreciate a place that serves kind of Chipotle style bowls....but offer interesting produce options like maybe:
a choice of fresh baby greens
rice
Israeli cucumber salad
sautéed eggplant
Greek yogurt sauce
crisp sugar snap peas
cut apples and other seasonal fruits
Lebanese tabbouleh and/or fattoush salad
fresh tomato/basil/mozzarella salad

Most of these are offered at the FL grocery stores, so they aren't all that exotic.

Another option, I think would do very well at WDW...there's a place in St. Augustine that sells gourmet popsicles all made with very fresh local produce. They are SO good! They are all fruit; little sugar, and they come in interesting flavors. It is like getting fresh fruit on a stick, not red colored corn syrup.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As a whole, I always say, I 'd like to see more produce at WDW.

I agree, most WDW salads are just boring. And well, if you want a lunch that's heavy on veggies, the only option is usually a basic salad. I'd greatly appreciate a place that serves kind of Chipotle style bowls....but offer interesting produce options like maybe:
a choice of fresh baby greens
rice
Israeli cucumber salad
sautéed eggplant
Greek yogurt sauce
crisp sugar snap peas
cut apples and other seasonal fruits
Lebanese tabbouleh and/or fattoush salad
fresh tomato/basil/mozzarella salad

Most of these are offered at the FL grocery stores, so they aren't all that exotic.

Another option, I think would do very well at WDW...there's a place in St. Augustine that sells gourmet popsicles all made with very fresh local produce. They are SO good! They are all fruit; little sugar, and they come in interesting flavors. It is like getting fresh fruit on a stick, not red colored corn syrup.
You should visit the Tangierine Cafe in Epcot's Morocco pavilion.

MickeyLuv'r

You should visit the Tangierine Cafe in Epcot's Morocco pavilion.
I have, a number of times, and they have some of these items, but that's just one location. HS and MK are really in need of better options.

I dunno, I think HS is a bit of a food dessert. Maybe the newest eateries will be better.

The Toy Story QS made us a bit sad. Brisket would be okay, but for the BBQ sauce+cheese+butter-grilled bread. Way too much grease. They also serve fried tater tots with chips, cheese and sour cream. Again, what are they thinking? I could maybe get by with a smoked turkey sandwich?

The desserts also greasy and kinda nasty: pastry coated in fake maple and bacon, just ew!

I get having some sweets on vacation, but this kind of menu, in my opinion, just isn't what a normal menu should look like.

It reminds me of a cartoon camel as the cigarette logo.

Why doesn't Woody endorse appealing healthier options?

I wish the menu there had been more foreword thinking.

Thingamabob

Corned Beef & Cabbage, Coddle and Irish Soda Bread. I have never dined at Raglan Road and don't know if they had these options. If not they should.

Heppenheimer

Corned Beef & Cabbage, Coddle and Irish Soda Bread. I have never dined at Raglan Road and don't know if they had these options. If not they should.
I'm pretty sure they had soda bread when I ate there several years ago. Wouldn't know about the rest...

Btw, if Irish authenticity was a goal, corn beef and cabbage wouldn't be on the menu because this is an Irish-American dish, but virtually unknown in Ireland.

wdwfan4ver

Frozen Custard. It should be expected from me because Wisconsin is well known for Frozen custard.

Frozen treat standpoint WDW has ice cream, Gelato, Soft Service ice cream, and the only thing missing is Frozen Custard. Frozen Custard is different than other Frozen desserts. Frozen Custard is made with Egg Yolks, and has less air than ice cream.

I know that stuff has been very well known in Wisconsin and some others states for many decades, but not in Florida. The catch is Florida does have some Frozen custard stands now.

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

There’s nothing fancy about high fat, high sugar and ridiculously high salt.

That’s your Disney food...in a nutshell
Well for example you can't get just a plain ole taco, shell , meat cheese , lettuce tomato , or a taco salad, they all have corn, balck beans, white rice, a bunch of stuff that messes it up. Another example is nachos, how about some plain ole nachos with cheese and peppers?

ninjaprincesst

Well thank god. There is nothing worse than American dumb down Mexican food.
You know you really don't have to be mean just because some people don't care for the crap that does not belong on Mexican food, some of us are not fans of the Chipotle style Mexican food, but that is not the point why does everyone have to trash everyone elses opinion?

Hockey89

You know you really don't have to be mean just because some people don't care for the crap that does not belong on Mexican food, some of us are not fans of the Chipotle style Mexican food, but that is not the point why does everyone have to trash everyone elses opinion?
You mean like you when you go on a soap box about booze at Disney?

The crap that does not belong is Mexican food lol... The stuff you mentioned is not Mexican food...

ddbowdoin

You mean like you when you go on a soap box about booze at Disney?

The crap that does not belong is Mexican food lol... The stuff you mentioned is not Mexican food...

This is why the food at Disney is pretty bad... I agree with all of the sentiments here that the food is dumbed down versions of basically everything.

Disney is smart... they shoot for the average guest experience. If you live in middle America your experience with italian food is likely Olive Garden or some other junk chain food so that Via Napoli all of a sudden becomes this "authentic" or "gastro" experience. It's all about your standards and what you're lucky enough to experience in life.

I'm from Boston... therefore zero seafood can be eaten at Disney. We have a real little italy... italian at disney, nope. The list goes on.

Hockey89

This is why the food at Disney is pretty bad... I agree with all of the sentiments here that the food is dumbed down versions of basically everything.

Disney is smart... they shoot for the average guest experience. If you live in middle America your experience with italian food is likely Olive Garden or some other junk chain food so that Via Napoli all of a sudden becomes this "authentic" or "gastro" experience. It's all about your standards and what you're lucky enough to experience in life.

I'm from Boston... therefore zero seafood can be eaten at Disney. We have a real little italy... italian at disney, nope. The list goes on.
So true...outside Littleton is Boston 😶😶

Heppenheimer

Having visited Italy several times when I lived in Europe, I can confidently say that most of the "Italian food" in the US (even in east coast Italian enclaves like Boston, NY and Philadelphia) often only bares a superficial resemblance to what they actually serve in Italy today. Even less so in the north of Italy, since most of the Italian immigrant traditions in the US come from the south.

Agree, though, that Disney tends to follow the money and dumb down their food so that it appeals to the median taste. I remember one of the best meals of my childhood was at the Akershus (pre-princesses), which started my lifelong love of smoked and pickled fish... but I also remember the restaurant being almost empty. When I treated my nieces to a meal there several years ago, I was disappointed how much the smorgesbord had changed.

Phonedave

Having visited Italy several times when I lived in Europe, I can confidently say that most of the "Italian food" in the US (even in east coast Italian enclaves like Boston, NY and Philadelphia) often only bares a superficial resemblance to what they actually serve in Italy today. Even less so in the north of Italy, since most of the Italian immigrant traditions in the US come from the south.

Agree, though, that Disney tends to follow the money and dumb down their food so that it appeals to the median taste. I remember one of the best meals of my childhood was at the Akershus (pre-princesses), which started my lifelong love of smoked and pickled fish... but I also remember the restaurant being almost empty. When I treated my nieces to a meal there several years ago, I was disappointed how much the smorgesbord had changed.

It really has changed. Most of the traditional Norwegian items have been removed. I was very disappointed. My grandmother was born in Norway. I remember as a kid my grandfather buying 25 lb pails of salted herring so he could make his own pickled herring. Now I just have to settle for stuff in a jar from the supermarket.

Mickey5150

Instead of a new country in Epcot use some of the land to build a World Showcase Food Hall. It could have 15-20 food stalls from all over the world, even regional US options. The food options could rotate out as need be, the countries could change, and it could be a place where Disney can offer more authentic food. It could have a very large indoor eating area and a stage for live performers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom