Best (clean) beach near DLR where I can stick my feet in the water?

Phroobar

1f1.jpg

Janir

Ok, I feel I have to appolgize now to the OP - Gitson Shiggles . I kinda offrailed his post and others since then took off with it and he never got his question answered.
I had a bookmark for similar from thinking along similar lines from my last trip out in fall. I was wanting to compare West coast beach/water to what it looks like at Hawaii. Then I realized our stop heading OUT to HAwaii was in SAn Fran and I'd get that comparison.
https://www.familyvacationcritic.com/10-best-family-friendly-beaches-near-disneyland/art/
Maybe that can help you find something.

Darkbeer1

The closest is to drive down Harbor Blvd ( public transit is also available) that will take you to Newport Beach and the Newport Beach and Pier. I prefer the Balboa Pier area just a bit south of the Newport Pier.

And as a bonus, you can use the Balboa Ferry to start your drive home.

Both have outdoor showers by the pier so you can wash your feet after sticking them in the Pacific Ocean.

Stevek

I would do Crystal Cove. Huntington and Newport are overrated and crowded.
Crystal Cove is great but can be a challenge to get in to at times. Not a big beach but hey, there’s a bar. Huntington is massive and in general should have plenty of parking and wide open beaches. Newport can be a lyiiel rougher due to lack of parking.

TP2000

I would do Crystal Cove. Huntington and Newport are overrated and crowded.

I was just going to say that. If the OP has a rental car, just drive down to Crystal Cove State Park. Easier parking at the State Park lot off Pacific Highway. The stroll down the bluff through the woods and onto the beach is wonderful, and the beach itself is fantastic and not as touristy as Huntington or Newport or Balboa. Although Darkbeer's suggestion to take the Balboa ferry when you depart the beach is a good one.

But Crystal Cove is tranquil and attractive and mellow. https://www.crystalcovestatepark.org/
IMG_7144-Large.jpg

You'd want to try and time your visit around the tide schedules, as the tide pools at Abolone Point are some of the best on the West Coast for exploration at low tide.

crystal-cove-tide-pool-1024x681.jpg

TP2000

Crystal Cove is great but can be a challenge to get in to at times. Not a big beach but hey, there’s a bar. Huntington is massive and in general should have plenty of parking and wide open beaches. Newport can be a lyiiel rougher due to lack of parking.

While it can be touristy, in defense of Huntington Beach it is fairly easy to get to and visit for the casual tourist. It sounds like the OP just wants to dip his toe in the Pacific to say that he did, and then go have some lunch. https://www.gopacificcity.com/

The Pacific City mall at Huntington Beach is easy to make that happen. Just go to Pacific City for lunch, then walk across the road to the beach and get your feet wet. Done.

maxresdefault.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom