Frozen 2 to be released November 22nd, 2019

Magenta Panther

So if this sequel hits it big (it'll certainly have a monster first weekend at the box office), will Disney devote any further theme park space to Frozen? Or will it continue to focus on wasting real estate on Iger's acquisitions?

And yes, I am absolutely delighted that Dark Phoenix bombed at the box office. Proving that the Marvel license is not necessarily an IP guaranteed to print money.

Same with Star Wars (Solo: A Star Wars Story).

Hopefully, it will turn out that buying maxed-out off-Disney franchises is not a smart move in the long run. As the Muppet purchase has proven.

And yes, I didn't like the original Frozen. Still don't. Incredibly overrated. But I do like the short cartoons made afterward. FWIW.

brb1006

So if this sequel hits it big (it'll certainly have a monster first weekend at the box office), will Disney devote any further theme park space to Frozen? Or will it continue to focus on wasting real estate on Iger's acquisitions?

And yes, I am absolutely delighted that Dark Phoenix bombed at the box office. Proving that the Marvel license is not necessarily an IP guaranteed to print money.

Hopefully, it will turn out that buying maxed-out off-Disney franchises is not a smart move in the long run. As the Muppet purchase has proven.

And yes, I didn't like the original Frozen. Still don't. Incredibly overrated. But I do like the short cartoons made afterward. FWIW.
That's because Dark Phoenix was mostly done by Fox Studios and don't get me started with New Mutants.

Phicinfan

You would think so no? Although they do have two attractions in WDW in Frozenstorm and the Sing along in DHS. But I would LOVE to see an extended dark ride.

As pointed out above, this isn't considered MCU Marvel, so not sure you can feel all that secure here. Fox has really trashed this franchise, and I am not positive that wasn't intended for this movie as I believe they will now get a complete reboot in MCU in a few years, as will FF.

No argument here

Not sure Muppet purchase could be considered a failure, but I will agree it was not what they thought it would be. As for Frozen, I am not a huge fan, I am at least happy this does not look like a rinse and repeat of the first. The first Trailer looked like Elsa going full Frozone....

Prince-1

I'm sure it has been pointed out to you already (Edited to say that yes many people responded to you saying that you are very wrong) that this was a Fox movie and that Marvel had little to do with it if at all. Once Marvel reboots this franchise it will be another IP that is a cash cow for them. Once that happens feel free to come on here again and delete or fix your post.

Last edited:

Sped2424

That trailer was spectacular, a lot to take in but as others have said a dark ride going into this enchanted Forest would be an amazing concept. Doubt it will happen, anyways love the idea of Elsa seeking out her origins!

Disneyfanman

OMG. I am not usually sucked into trailers but this new one did it. I'm in. Did somebody new take over in marketing for Disney? This one AND the new Toy Story 4 campaign are killing me. I thought both were cash grabs and had my brain closed to both flicks. This new Frozen trailer................just freaking wow.

The only problem is now how can either movie live up to the hype. Of course that's what I thought about Endgame and I am still dizzy from that one (better than I could have hoped). Here's hoping!

Thank you Disney for a great year so far at the movies!

Janir

OMG. I am not usually sucked into trailers but this new one did it. I'm in. Did somebody new take over in marketing for Disney? This one AND the new Toy Story 4 campaign are killing me. I thought both were cash grabs and had my brain closed to both flicks. This new Frozen trailer................just freaking wow.

The only problem is now how can either movie live up to the hype. Of course that's what I thought about Endgame and I am still dizzy from that one (better than I could have hoped). Here's hoping!

Thank you Disney for a great year so far at the movies!

I agree with you. I'm now weirdly intrested in the movie. Doesn't seem to be a rehash of the 1st movie tropes.

Magenta Panther

I'm sure it has been pointed out to you already (Edited to say that yes many people responded to you saying that you are very wrong) that this was a Fox movie and that Marvel had little to do with it if at all. Once Marvel reboots this franchise it will be another IP that is a cash cow for them. Once that happens feel free to come on here again and delete or fix your post.

Oh, I get it, so movie audiences said to themselves "Hey, this is a Fox movie about a Marvel character, forget it, I'm staying home." Riiiiggght. :rolleyes:

Prince-1

Oh, I get it, so movie audiences said to themselves "Hey, this is a Fox movie about a Marvel character, forget it, I'm staying home." Riiiiggght. :rolleyes:

No they said this movie is a piece of garbage and stayed away from it however it is nit the IP that failed and it was people making and when it goes over to Disney they are going to make magic out of it like they have with all their other IP’s.

Magenta Panther

No they said this movie is a piece of garbage and stayed away from it however it is nit the IP that failed and it was people making and when it goes over to Disney they are going to make magic out of it like they have with all their other IP’s.

Who said it was a piece of garbage? The movie critics? Since when has that affected any movie the public really wanted to see? The fact that this film bombed on its first weekend says something. Maybe it's temporary Marvel superhero fatigue, or maybe it's long-term. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom