Daily Trash Service

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I am here now, 3 days in, have not had trash taken out yet....am I missing something?
I called and they said only on 4th DTS but I though I read they were doing daily trash now at DVC.
Update:The person I just spoke with said they messed up. Seems not all cast members on the housekeeping line are aware of the new policy

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I am here now, 3 days in, have not had trash taken out yet....am I missing something?
I called and they said only on 4th DS but I though I read they were doing daily trash now at DVC
Update:They person I just spoke with say they messed up. Seems not all cast members on the housekeeping line are aware of the new policy
While we are not paying for it (yet) in our dues, Disney has stated that every single room will be visited every day by mousekeeping, and that they are supposed to empty the trash every day. What resort are you staying at?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
While we are not paying for it (yet) in our dues, Disney has stated that every single room will be visited every day by mousekeeping, and that they are supposed to empty the trash every day. What resort are you staying at?
Beach Club Villas. They came finally today

correcaminos

We are absolutely paying for this in our dues. It's in part of why they went up this year. This has been in effect since 2018 so it's nothing new in terms of costs for us at this point.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We are absolutely paying for this in our dues. It's in part of why they went up this year. This has been in effect since 2018 so it's nothing new in terms of costs for us at this point.
I had thought the additional operational costs were due to the raises that all of the CMs are getting. Didn't really think that it was due to the daily security check and trash removal, as I didn't remember anyone at DVC mentioning that as an additional cost. I do remember them talking about the raises as an additional expense. Oh well, learn something new every day!

correcaminos

I had thought the additional operational costs were due to the raises that all of the CMs are getting. Didn't really think that it was due to the daily security check and trash removal, as I didn't remember anyone at DVC mentioning that as an additional cost. I do remember them talking about the raises as an additional expense. Oh well, learn something new every day!
It was both. More going to wages, but they did reconfirm that part of the dues were going to that. When I had contacted DVC initially about this, they did confirm to me even in 2017 that we would be paying for them.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
When they went to daily security checks, they also went to daily trash pick up (everything else, towels and full room clean is normally "old" schedule). I have not been in the room when it happens but I wonder if the trash person is the "security check" for a DVC room.
Update:The person I just spoke with said they messed up. Seems not all cast members on the housekeeping line are aware of the new policy
Um, sorry but that explanation you were given seems ludicrous, especially since they have been doing this over a year now.

I hope you enjoy your remaining visit at BCV. In case you do need it, DVCs have trash rooms that you can dump yours, if yours fills up (with things such as big pizza boxes) before they come again to empty.

Edit: and since it is now the 18th, I just realized you have probably left by now. LOL

correcaminos

When they went to daily security checks, they also went to daily trash pick up (everything else, towels and full room clean is normally "old" schedule). I have not been in the room when it happens but I wonder if the trash person is the "security check" for a DVC room.
Um, sorry but that explanation you were given seems ludicrous, especially since they have been doing this over a year now.

I hope you enjoy your remaining visit at BCV. In case you do need it, DVCs have trash rooms that you can dump yours, if yours fills up (with things such as big pizza boxes) before they come again to empty.

Edit: and since it is now the 18th, I just realized you have probably left by now. LOL

We've had a mix - some housekeeping (this year) and some decidedly not housekeeping (last year). I think originally it was more of other types and then they've adjusted it to housekeeping since that will keep wages down.

I agree, they've been at this a while, they should know what they are doing....

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster

We indeed did check out. But yes they did do it after that. We are not at BCV but still in orlando, last night here!

I called and they said only on 4th DTS but I though I read they were doing daily trash now at DVC.
1) Let us not complain.
2) Members ARE paying for trash pickup on 4th day.
3) They announced it was moved to daily.
4) Mousekeeping managers I know said they have changed nothing.
5) If there were complaints, they were to respond, "Oops, we will get right on it.".
6) Just another maltreatment of guests by WDW.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
1) Let us not complain.
5) If there were complaints, they were to respond, "Oops, we will get right on it.".
As an update just spent 8 days at DVC properties. Trash was taken out every day.

correcaminos

1) Let us not complain.
I think your number 6 is wrong

6) daily trash is about security checks, nothing more. They admitted it so be happy if they aren't nosing around your room.

Rob562

1) Let us not complain.

You're also replying to an 18-month old post...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom