Trip Report *COMPLETED* I've climbed the mountain, I've crossed the river, and I'm almost there!

Introduction

We've only been back from Japan since Saturday night but I am just itching to get started on this report! We had an absolutely AMAZING trip and I'm not ready to let it go, and writing my TR is one way for me to delay the inevitable return back to "the real world." :) This was the longest vacation I've ever taken, and like any long trip-or any new experience, for that matter-there were ups and downs, good moments and not-so-good moments. There were mistakes, mishaps, mountains, and monkeys. Yes, monkeys! There were surprises and there was DRAMMA!* There were things we will do differently next time we visit Japan, and believe me, we knew less than halfway through the trip that there WILL be a next time someday!

In case you missed the PTR, here it is: Bee's Big Birthday! There you can read about the cast, the general plans, and the reasons for planning this particular trip.

Now about the title: It's a reference to this song from The Princess and the Frog:

I have been kind of obsessed with this song lately and I found myself singing it in my head repeatedly during the trip. You'll see why soon!

So, if you're ready for a journey halfway around the world, thousands of photos, and Double Disney bookends, keep reading!

EDIT: The Tokyo Disney stuff starts here.

*I've mentioned it in previous TRs, but I like to spell "dramma" the Italian way because I'm an opera singer and what's more DRAMMAtic than Italian opera?? So please don't think I'm an idiot (for that reason anyway :hilarious:)!

Last edited:

CinderMama

Thanks so much for sharing your trip! While the Disney parts were interesting, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the first part of your trip. I've never given Japan much thought as a travel destination but it really looks so beautiful. And I agree with the importance of learning a few key phrases when you travel internationally. I feel like people really appreciate the effort and sometimes it ends up being a bit of an ice breaker. Thanks again!

bee

Original Poster
I love your reports! Looking forward to the next one 😊
Thank you!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip! While the Disney parts were interesting, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the first part of your trip. I've never given Japan much thought as a travel destination but it really looks so beautiful. And I agree with the importance of learning a few key phrases when you travel internationally. I feel like people really appreciate the effort and sometimes it ends up being a bit of an ice breaker. Thanks again!
Thank you! I hadn't really considered Japan either until our friends moved there, and I thought it would be one and done for me. But Japan said otherwise! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom