News Epcot's Rosewalk walkway closed for widening construction

Kman101

Speaking of walkways .... Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland has larger walkways than I ever assumed they'd have, but it seems like DHS' has smaller walkways? I'm sure that's not accurate, but weren't we warned about small walkways? Or am I totally off ... @marni1971

Anyway ... I've never felt Test Track to Odyssey needed expanding. Maybe I don't take it enough? lol

imarc

According to Google Maps you can go 3 wide.

I just don't get why they made it significantly smaller than the walkways that lead into it.

BoarderPhreak

...I just don't get why they made it significantly smaller than the walkways that lead into it...
Because at the time, Odyssey was just a lil' ol' quick service restaurant and the park didn't see the numbers it does today. Same reason the rosewalk path is the size it is, same reason the path by Cinderella's Castle is the size it is... Both are essentially secondary pathways. Will they enlarge it like those two? Not likely.

imarc

Because at the time, Odyssey was just a lil' ol' quick service restaurant and the park didn't see the numbers it does today. Same reason the rosewalk path is the size it is, same reason the path by Cinderella's Castle is the size it is... Both are essentially secondary pathways. Will they enlarge it like those two? Not likely.

That doesn't explain why the other two walkways heading to the Odyssey are twice as wide.

BoarderPhreak

That doesn't explain why the other two walkways heading to the Odyssey are twice as wide.
It's the same width as a lot of paths over there/on that side, and was either an afterthought or meant to be a sort of "back entrance." The two "front" paths are larger.

imarc

It's the same width as a lot of paths over there/on that side, and was either an afterthought or meant to be a sort of "back entrance." The two "front" paths are larger.

I definitely think it was an afterthought since Marni says it was added for Horizons and was not an original path.

That they haven't fixed it yet probably has as much to do with them looking at the Odyssey as a "World Showcase" location for the festivals so much in recent history. Or they wanted to funnel everyone to the middle path. That they are widening the rosewalk shows that they may be giving up on that.

It's definitely one they should consider fixing before GotG opens. Anyone coming from the Mexico side of World Showcase will want to go that way as it's the most direct route.

Cmdr_Crimson

I myself would like to see a pathway attached from the side by the Magic Eye theater heading towards the rose garden pathway..This way you don't have to hike all the way around to get to that pathway..

EDIT: I Added a pic in regards where I am explaining where they should add a rampway to the rose garden side..

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

According to Google Maps you can go 3 wide.View attachment 379543

I just don't get why they made it significantly smaller than the walkways that lead into it.

View attachment 379542

View attachment 379545
Probably made it more narrow since it was a quick after the fact add. They probably even thought they'd remove it at some point. Who knows, LOL.
or
They were too busy worrying about not hitting the sink hole again that they didn't given the width much thought. "Let's just get this darn thing in here already!"

imarc

Are they widening this in anticipation of the new nighttime show to move crowds faster? They should also consider building in amphitheater style seating between the World Gateway shops like they did for Animal Kingdom....Would be nice to have one great central viewing area for the show...

That would be nice. Getting the fastpass for Illuminations is kind of a joke now since people still have to get up there early to get a decent view.

BoarderPhreak

Man, they're really butchering that whole corner. As I suspected, they're not encroaching on the rose bush side - but still. Let's hope we get a nice path and plenty of room for concessions, the occasional playground and more. A bit of a shame, though - there was a lot of green space between the playground area and the Imagination! pavilion (or at least felt that way).

i.php

HauntedMansionFLA

Man, they're really butchering that whole corner. As I suspected, they're not encroaching on the rose bush side - but still. Let's hope we get a nice path and plenty of room for concessions, the occasional playground and more. A bit of a shame, though - there was a lot of green space between the playground area and the Imagination! pavilion (or at least felt that way).

i.php
Additional bathrooms going in. You can see the plumbing going in.
43AFCE2C-3E35-4225-AC8F-85C93550830E.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom