Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Covers All Nine Films

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

It's not exactly shocking that a Lego Star Wars game would be in the works, but it has been a bit of time since the last one. The games were expected to come out in line with the movies, but skipped out the recent The Last Jedi release. It was unclear when, or perhaps even if, a new game would be arriving, but there appears to be mention of one before an official announcement.

Matthew Wood, supervising sound editor at Skywalker Sound which oversees a number of Star Wars projects to make sure they have all the correct beeps and whooshes and zhings for lightsabers activating, was listing off a number of the big projects coming up for Star Wars this year at the Star Wars celebration and happens to mention a Lego Star Wars game. A fan on reddit posted video of him mentioning it.

Warner Bros., which publishes the Traveler's Tales-developed Lego Star Wars games, has not announced a new Lego Star Wars game yet. So, if Wood is talking about a game and not just misspeaking, then he is referring to an upcoming game. Eurogamer has heard from their sources that a new game would cover not only the entire new trilogy (meaning The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker), but also "the entire saga."

Paper straw fan

This is one where I almost hope they’d stray from the ‘play the movies’ style they have used with most of the LEGO SW games (except the clone wars, which was an excellent game) since we had a Force awakens, and Last Jedi...is not my favorite film, so a lot of that version could be repetitive and/or dull. But one that acts as some original story, with the OT, prequels, new trilogy and even Freemaker adventures characters playable would be a lot of fun.

erasure fan1

I find it funny that this could be the best Star wars game to come out of the Disney star wars era. Fallen order was average and the battlefronts looked incredible but really didn't deliver on the battlefront legacy.

jasminethecat

The release date on Steam is April 5, 2022. I am looking forward to it! Oh I just realized that if you watch the posted video above for 5 and a half minutes, the same release date is mentioned.

1643925228253.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom