Has there ever been any legitimacy to the long-standing "rumor" of a Villains-themed park?

SteamboatJoe

A villains attraction or mini-land would be OK (though not really something I'd prioritize) but a villains park is an absolutely awful idea.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
A villains attraction or mini-land would be OK (though not really something I'd prioritize) but a villains park is an absolutely awful idea.

I like the *idea* of it, I don't think it would ever work in reality though, too many possible issues with being family friendly, re-telling stories already in MK and other parks, etc.

However, I would like to see a sort of alternate universe/"upside down"/dark version of MK...it would make things interesting. I always liked playing the Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past where that also happens.

SteamboatJoe

I like the *idea* of it, I don't think it would ever work in reality though, too many possible issues with being family friendly, re-telling stories already in MK and other parks, etc.

However, I would like to see a sort of alternate universe/"upside down"/dark version of MK...it would make things interesting. I always liked playing the Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past where that also happens.
The special ticket event they just had looks like it does just that.

Hotamber

Disney Hollywood Studios is the real villains park as it was created to rip off and crush Universal Studios and like pure evil still has no park icon. I think DHS has issues because it is not Disney or Universal.
DHS almost has the dark side of the park all Lucasfilm and the light side all Pixar they just need to move a few things around. The classic Hollywood theme is the buffer between the two.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney Hollywood Studios is the real villains park as it was created to rip off and crush Universal Studios and like pure evil still has no park icon. I think DHS has issues because it is not Disney or Universal.

Funny, Universal Studios Orlando is having the same problem!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Build bridges over the access roads to that huge plot of land between the tracks and the utilidors. Could allow for a properly spaced fantasyland station too. There's already precedents for this with some lovely themed bridges you don't known are bridges at Disney sea, a bugs land, and at world gateway.

Not practical for a whole host of reasons. If they use that piece of land north of Pinocchio Village house and Small World show building, it would all have to be closed for multiple hours every single night for fireworks safety. The primary north launch location is right one the edge of the road that runs around the back side of Magic Kingdom on the north edge of that plot of land. All the roads and railroad around there have to be closed every night around fireworks for safety.

nol_dur

As far as we know, anyway.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of comments referring to the "rumored Villains-themed park," but as far as I can tell, it's never been a rumor. It's been a pipe dream. I don't think there will ever be a park entirely themed to the villains, at least in WDW or DL.

But does anybody else remember differently? Remember any old rumors or insider info?
No, it’s just a rumor that has been around for years. It goes along with the rumor of a 5th gate but neither of these have ever really had that much evidence

kap91

Not practical for a whole host of reasons. If they use that piece of land north of Pinocchio Village house and Small World show building, it would all have to be closed for multiple hours every single night for fireworks safety. The primary north launch location is right one the edge of the road that runs around the back side of Magic Kingdom on the north edge of that plot of land. All the roads and railroad around there have to be closed every night around fireworks for safety.
Make it indoors!

And I'm fairly certain there's a way to work around this. Star Wars land at Disneyland isn't gonna close early to my knowledge, and I'm guessing toontown won't either when they open runaway railway there. Either the launch site could be moved - or the land could be indoors - I'm sure there's a way!

Although in my ideal world that plot of land would be used for a show building for a BatB ride that is connected by enclosed bridge from the beasts castle.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
While I don't think this will ever happen, I also don't see that as a dealbreaker. They could cover/enclose the area, which would only enhance the dark and foreboding feel that you would no doubt want for a villains land.

EDIT: Beated. Great minds, and whatnot.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think it was a legit proposal for a 5th gate. But that was prior to 9/11 I think.

What I remember hearing is that the site would be at the TTC parking lot site and the two kingdoms would face each other.

they tinkered with a boutique park - largely due to the success of discovery cove.

Just really blue sky though...never got off the ground

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Has there ever been any legitimacy that Disney was considering *any* idea for a fifth park other than spitballing and Internet speculation?

When they added DAK...the average length of stay (non-Florida) for their target demographics went from about 6 days to just under 7...bouncing off the glass ceiling of a week.

There ended any talk of a “5th gate”...why spend $5 billion in development and god knows how much to operate it if people just cut out days at the others?

This will never change

GladToBeHear

I don't think Disney needs to build anymore parks in Orlando. WDW is already as busy as (or busier than) it needs to be. I really think they need a new destination here in the US. I'd love to see them resurrect plans for a resort out here in Texas. Two parks, a water park, and several hotels/DVC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom