Trip Report The "My iCloud Takes Me Back to 2016" TR's

Hello All!!

So, here I am again with another TR. This is going to be a bit different from my past ones. Let me briefly explain:

As most of you probably know E, J, & I were supposed to be in Disney in March/April. Our mom had been battling cancer for the last 3 years & was not doing well when we were to be in Disney so we cancelled our trip. I was looking back in my iCloud and was surprised at how much I remembered from past trips so I've decided to do some mini TR's as far back as my iClould takes me. I also have quite a few PP pictures from the trips(back when they actually showed up in my account-I'm sure you remember me complaining about them not showing up recently). These will not be as detailed as my recent ones since no notes were taken. There are 8 trips over a span of 2 years. I'm looking forward to doing these as a distraction from the recent sad times in my life plus my mom was on a few of these trips so it will be nice remembering happy times with her. It's also neat looking back on things that aren't in the world anymore.

Primarily based on my pictures I was able to go back & piece together the who, what, when & where's for the most part. Lot's of different things happened during these trips:1st trips for some of my family, a runDisney race, room debacles, a 1st haircut, & leaving propertyo_O for the first time just to name a few. I hope everyone enjoys & welcome aboard!!

Side note: Not sure if you remember(or care for that matter:hilarious:) but I had mentioned in my last TR that there was a specific purpose for the March/April trip. Even though we didn't go I figured I would share it with you. We were planning on a spring trip but we picked our dates based on who was performing at the Epcot Flower & Garden Concert. We were to going to see none other than Rick Springfield!! Now, I am an 80's child but was never a fan of his music. I did kind of like him on General Hospital though. Anyhow, believe it or not R & one of my BIL's really like his music😲 I know, it's not too often you hear of many guys who know the words to "Jessie's Girl". Over the years I have been forced to attend a few of his shows & I must say I developed a liking for his music. Basically, the purpose of scheduling the trip when we did was to rub it in R & my BIL's face!! So there you have it!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good luck! I hope to never do a trip with 10 people again! Not that ours was horrible, but I much prefer a smaller core group! It really sucks that your mom was supposed to be on this trip! Just try to think of all the good memories you have with her at Disney! We have our yearly summer trip to Tennessee in July and I know it will be rough without Brian's mom there. Not looking forward to it, but you have to get past the firsts at some point.
It definitely is more challenging with a bigger group. We're not doing everything together though. You're so right about getting past the firsts. The thing that stinks is that there are so many of them!!

BuckyMom

I think we're just missing you. My DS and her friends are at POR starting tomorrow and I get in on Thursday at POFQ. We leave on the 18th. Have a really great trip. I really love your reports. So great that you can go with the extended family. Mom would be proud.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think we're just missing you. My DS and her friends are at POR starting tomorrow and I get in on Thursday at POFQ. We leave on the 18th. Have a really great trip. I really love your reports. So great that you can go with the extended family. Mom would be proud.
Bummer--we are just missing you. Our flight lands around 12:30 on the 18th. Our original plans were to leave on the 17th but the airfare was much cheaper to wait until Tuesday. Maybe we might cross paths at the airport?? I hope you have a great trip also!! Thank you & thanks for reading!!:) I am excited to go. I need it after the last few months & I know my mom will be with us in spirit!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17TH 2018

We walked around for awhile.
IMG_2086.JPEG

IMG_2093.JPEG

Went to see BatB.
IMG_2096.JPEG

We had a FP for TSMM.
IMG_2100.JPEG

I love walking around One Man's Dream.
IMG_2102.JPEG

J did not want to get his picture taken with the army man.
IMG_2104.JPEG

But we did!!
IMG_2106.JPEG

IMG_2107.JPEG

We took turns on RNRC.
wdw2018017915447138_8162289707.jpg

wdw2018017915466661_8162301847.jpg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17TH 2018

We decided we had our fill of HS and proceeded to leave. It was cold & J wasn't feeling well. As we were passing by the Star Wars stage a CM stopped us & said we had to get a picture with our "family". We were a little confused at first.
wdw2018017915709841_408121814967.jpg

wdw2018017915710017_408121763419.jpg

Within minutes our "family" had grown quite drastically!!
wdw2018017915710111_408121815250.jpg

For me this was one of the highlights of the trip. Watching the CM getting all these people together was hysterical!! It was so fun & such a neat touch. To me, it's things like this that put Disney above the rest.
wdw2018017915710149_408121815776.jpg

wdw2018017915710288_408121815687.jpg

wdw2018017915710327_408121856712.jpg

After our family reunion we headed back to POR.
IMG_2108.JPEG

We went to see YeHaa Bob that evening(another surprise there, right @TheMouseFan :joyfull:) I don't have any pictures from that evening--only videos. I'm not sure what all we had to eat but we definitely split The Hummingbird Cake. That cake is excellent but it is huge!!
IMG_2112.JPEG

Loco_driver

Really love all your morning photos of POR. Really makes me want to go back to that resort! We also got to be a part of a giant “family portrait” at DHS this past March, there had to have been over a hundred people in the picture! The CM taking the picture was really awesome!

Songbird76

It’s all good!! Sometimes I feel like my TR’s can be super boring bc there’s not much change in what we do!! BTW—I’m usually pretty snarky most days myself—it’s all good!!
Thank you very much. This one will be wrapped up shortly then the next one will be here before I know it. We will be a party of 10 for this trip!! Bummed bc my mom was supposed to go though.....
Are you going to be at WDW in late July? I would love to meet you. I think we'd get along well with the snark.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JANUARY 18TH 2018

J was a bit worse today & after E saw the temperature she told me to go to AK without them.:coldfeet::coldfeet::coldfeet:
IMG_2113.PNG

IMG_2115.JPEG

I got in relatively quickly & enjoyed the empty park(probably b/c it was freezing!!).
IMG_2117.JPEG

IMG_2118.JPEG

I had a FP for FoP.
IMG_2119.JPEG

On my way over to Africa these gentlemen were out playing some tunes. They were very good!!
IMG_2120.JPEG

IMG_2122.JPEG

Time for the safari FP!
IMG_2123.JPEG

IMG_2128.JPEG

I walked over to Asia & kept contemplating EE. In the end I decided to pass. Given the temperature I didn't think that the ride would be too much fun!!
IMG_2131.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Really love all your morning photos of POR. Really makes me want to go back to that resort! We also got to be a part of a giant “family portrait” at DHS this past March, there had to have been over a hundred people in the picture! The CM taking the picture was really awesome!
Thanks so much!! It's so photogenic that I can't help but take the pictures! That's so cool--so you know exactly what I mean. That was really a lot of fun. We were confused at first esp. b/c we were one of the first people that he got then it was hysterical listening to him & seeing all these other people who looked just as confused as we had!!
Are you going to be at WDW in late July? I would love to meet you. I think we'd get along well with the snark.
I would love to meet you also!! The next trip booked is in November. However, E & I will most likely go sometime this summer before J starts school. I will definitely let you know if I plan on being there then!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JANUARY 18TH 2018

I headed to Dinoland & took 2 spins on Dinosaur.
IMG_2132.JPEG

wdw2018018915981063_8162707036.jpg

wdw2018018916111037_8162786216.jpg

After that I left AK.

I stopped by E & J's room when I got back. E still didn't want to take him out. Besides, he was having fun playing with his cars!!
IMG_2135.JPEG

There was something my mom wanted me to buy so I went to DS. I ended up not finding it though. Why this is the only picture I have from there is beyond me. Furthermore, I am clueless as to why I took this.
IMG_2137.JPEG

Back at POR!!
IMG_2138.JPEG

E felt that J needed to get out for a bit so we headed to the arcade.
IMG_2140.JPEG

IMG_2141.JPEG

When I got back to my room I happened to notice this coffee pod in the ac/heater. That's pretty gross. I wonder how long it was there for...
IMG_2143.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 19TH 2018

Since it was cold we waited for the TE inside at The River Roost.
IMG_2164.JPEG

Time to leave!!
IMG_2165.JPEG

IMG_2166.JPEG

I guess J wasn't digging the safety instructions that day. He chose the Southwest magazine instead!!
IMG_2169.JPEG

Well, that pretty much wraps these up!! Thanks to everyone for following, commenting, liking etc. I really do appreciate it!! Sorry if this one was a bit boring--not taking notes really makes a big difference. Had I done TR's back then I definitely would have. I'm looking forward to doing the next one though!! Tomorrow starts the single digit countdown--I better start packing!! Thanks again & I'll be back soon with a new one!!

Captain Barbossa

So glad that you decided to do this! These were so much fun to read! Like others have said, it was also fun to watch J “grow up”. Congrats on being in the single digits tomorrow! Hope y’all have a safe flight and a great time! (J is coming, right? :hilarious:) Looking forward to your next TR!

Loco_driver

Well, that pretty much wraps these up!! Thanks to everyone for following, commenting, liking etc. I really do appreciate it!! Sorry if this one was a bit boring--not taking notes really makes a big difference. Had I done TR's back then I definitely would have. I'm looking forward to doing the next one though!! Tomorrow starts the single digit countdown--I better start packing!

It was fun to see how the parks(and your family!) have changed through the last few years. We’re at 8 days on our countdown, I’ll have to check your next TR to see if I make it! Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom