News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've got to say, I think I like the middle one the best of the three. I like that they are keeping certain elements in the current design, but the middle one does have a more futuristic and lively feel to it. Maybe just because the mockup has more people in it? I especially like the sphere on the right and raised walkway/balcony.
The middle one was part of a much larger area makeover that would have included the Wonders site. Thankfully it was scrapped (small mercy I know)

Imagineer777

I've got to say, I think I like the middle one the best of the three. I like that they are keeping certain elements in the current design, but the middle one does have a more futuristic and lively feel to it. Maybe just because the mockup has more people in it? I especially like the sphere on the right and raised walkway/balcony.
I agree! I also would've loved to see the Milano outside like the Falcon at Smuggler's Run, but what can you do... :/

Figment Newton

The middle one was part of a much larger area makeover that would have included the Wonders site. Thankfully it was scrapped (small mercy I know)
That's interesting to hear. I definitely don't think a Guardians/Marvel takeover of that area would be good for Epcot, but the futuristic aesthetic they chose for that design was nice. I'm curious to see how the roof of Energy comes out in the final construction.

BlakeW39

That's interesting to hear. I definitely don't think a Guardians/Marvel takeover of that area would be good for Epcot, but the futuristic aesthetic they chose for that design was nice. I'm curious to see how the roof of Energy comes out in the final construction.

It's been stated that there is no Marvek takeovee planned for Epcot. Just Guardians.

jt04

I didn’t say that. The coaster should be in the studios. They’ve shown they don’t care about sticking an indoor rollercoaster in the dark near an indoor rollercoaster in the dark.

I almost missed the concept art you recently posted in this thread. Amazing stuff. Thanks.

I'm also impressed by the area they have carved out between the gravity building and the entry plaza. I'm betting tram loop like DHS or a future building. In any case it is a great use of space. They seem to be planning much more strategically in this aspect lately. 🆒💡

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Not only is EPCOT Center dead apparently so is the entire Disney Parks and Resorts philosophy too. Currently the Bobs have a build a moat strategy. We knew this was the thought process, but hearing him say it and so boastfully and also with such disdain for the original idea camp of people is just sad. I'll just leave this here (good bits are over at ~11:50, stick through 13:18 for the talk about appealing to the masses, although the whole video is an interesting watch).

At 5:10, he pretty much proves he doesn't understand what he just said about the depth of Star Wars fandom in the US.

OMG, who are these people interviewing him... CMs from the PR department???

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
At 5:10, he pretty much proves he doesn't understand what he just said about the depth of Star Wars fandom in the US.

OMG, who are these people interviewing him... CMs from the PR department???
He talks as if it's government spending , not a theme park. He is proud that both DL and WDW have identical features, rather than having individual identities thus creating a desire for a guest to visit the other park for a different, (unique), experience.

note2001

He doesn't interview well, outside the boardroom.
The fidgeting he employs is a technique used to store and pull upon his key phrases.

I'm not impressed by him, but then no upper management person of any company impresses me: they take far too much credit for themselves. It's the artists, engineers, the actual accountants all the way down into the trenches... THOSE are the folk who impress me. Those are the people I wish were here to be interviewed. Closest we saw to it was a chef given a role to portray.

huwar18

Not only is EPCOT Center dead apparently so is the entire Disney Parks and Resorts philosophy too. Currently the Bobs have a build a moat strategy. We knew this was the thought process, but hearing him say it and so boastfully and also with such disdain for the original idea camp of people is just sad. I'll just leave this here (good bits are over at ~11:50, stick through 13:18 for the talk about appealing to the masses, although the whole video is an interesting watch).

He just comes off as arrogant. As much as I love Disney, I would love to see all his plans fall flat. I could barely focus on his interview with all those hand motions :D. I watched a CNN interview with Iger. He quoted Walt twice in the interview. It was nice to hear. Basically, he tried to tie in Galaxy's Edge with the entrance plaque.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

You have to watch the full interview to understand the context of what Chapek is saying. A lot of people criticize Bob Chapek but I think he has the right idea: utilizing the whole company as a team to enhance their brand as a whole. See the movie, buy the merchandise, visit the theme park, watch it again on your iPhone. He has the same vision Walt Disney had: synergy.

lazyboy97o

You have to watch the full interview to understand the context of what Chapek is saying. A lot of people criticize Bob Chapek but I think he has the right idea: utilizing the whole company as a team to enhance their brand as a whole. See the movie, buy the merchandise, visit the theme park, watch it again on your iPhone. He has the same vision Walt Disney had: synergy.
Except that Walt didn’t believe that theme parks could only follow movies or that movies had to be a franchise to work as a themed experience. Per the Bob’s criteria, most of Walt’s Disneyland is nondescript and only Snow White’s Adventures would have been worth the investment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom