News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe I'm a hopeless optimist, but I'm still wondering whether they'll put solar panels back on the roof. I wonder how much of the roof work would then be eligible for solar tax credits?
Depends which version they go with :)

BC8307A2-FF3F-4B6D-B360-95644283A009.jpeg

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

Excuse my sacrilegion, but I really like the other designs. Universe of Energy is gone, what’s left is it’s corpse. The ribs and solar panels are great, but I’d rather them be left in the past in favor of a brand new piece of Future World architecture. If they stay, it’s just a cruel reminder of the past. The other two look both very Future World and very Xandarian at the same time, so I really like them and prefer them more. I’m down with whatever they choose

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Excuse my sacrilegion, but I really like the other designs. Universe of Energy is gone, what’s left is it’s corpse. The ribs and solar panels are great, but I’d rather them be left in the past in favor of a brand new piece of Future World architecture. If they stay, it’s just a cruel reminder of the past. The other two look both very Future World and very Xandarian at the same time, so I really like them and prefer them more. I’m down with whatever they choose
Problem is, they don’t understand architecture anymore. Space is a pretty facade stuck to a shed.

But EPCOT Center is dead.

mhochman

Wanted to jump in... I've been on this thread since it first started, and I jump on 3-5 times a week to see the latest. I was at Epcot last weekend for the first time since construction started on the gravity building. As our tour bus pulled in my eyes were peeled for a glimpse of the building I have read so much...expecting the worst. Well, yes, the building is huge, no doubt. You see it right away, even though the coloring does sort of fade into the sky, you still can't miss the building.

But, by the time we got through the gate and got to SE, the building is now basically behind you. You don't see it anymore. As we progressed through the day, I have to be honest and say that I didn't notice the building once. Did I see it? I suppose I did, but it never registered in my mind at all. It wasn't until just yesterday (I was in Epcot on Saturday) that I thought about it again for the first time since I saw it from the parking lot.

So for those of you worried about this building, unless you're going out of your way to pay attention to it, I truly think your mind will erase it. Just my opinion, anyway.

And for the record, I was in Epcot for the first time in 1982 (11yo), and I've been there about 30 times between then and now. I am a HUGE Epcot fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom