News Bird attack at Disney World leaves woman with traumatic brain injury

PrincessNelly_NJ

There was a thread recently that reported Disney had parts of Adventureland blocked off because of aggressive birds. That shows Disney was aware of a problem. The question will be whether they did enough to mitigate the risk.

Not necessarily... One incident in 2017 and another in 2019 hardly mean there was a on going problem. For all we know, the incident of her being struck was the first report of any problem alerting them of a potential nest.

lnsemsf

Remember when Fabio got hit by a bird while riding a roller coaster somewhere?
View attachment 377347
It was at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Apollo's Chariot. From what I've read, it was a goose which flew by the coaster and was hit by the train and then deflected up and hit him. If it had been full speed and made direct contact with his head it likely would have killed him but the coaster took the brunt of the impact.

Jimmy Thick

Disney is in charge of wild birds on their property now? You have to laugh at lawyers trying to manipulate people to pursue silly lawsuits with the hope of settling out of court. The only people getting paid will be the lawyers and the websites with ad's getting clicked for this trash.

Chi84

Premium Member
Coming soon - release waivers to be signed before you can enter a Disney Park.
I'm thinking along the lines of the ones you sign before having surgery listing everything that could go wrong up to and including death.

By entering DisneyWorld you hereby acknowledge that the following could happen to you:
Maiming by stroller or ECV strike, stomach distending from cupcakes, rotisserie type overheating in a Gondola, eye poked out by Star Wars fantatic with a lightsaber, etc, etc, etc any of which could result your untimely death.
You can’t absolve yourself from negligence, and that is what the plaintiff here has to prove

EOD K9

Haters gonna hate....
FaNu80oVvN3QPS66T6cioNlwUHs1uk-Lo0zcqaKeqyM.gif
326jmm.jpg

KBLovedDisney

Pretty soon there will be a sign every three feet along with endless barriers and netting to "protect" stupid people from themselves and their lack of common sense. Enjoy the nice scenery while you can.
View attachment 377362
Or just hand them out at the gate to those individuals so that they can just wear them and CMs can gladly say...

"Here's your sign."
n088k2.gif

smile

Remember when Fabio got hit by a bird while riding a roller coaster somewhere?
View attachment 377347

opening pomp for apollo's chariot at bgw

of course, the net thought it was h i l a r i o u s - he even may have, eventually... and it is some of the most exquisite irony ever assembled...
but i always felt very sad for him for that; he was made, literally, into a picture perfect example of life's miraculous ability to wipe a smile off anyone's face at any time for any (or no) reason whatsoever.

thank goodness they both walked off...
deepest sympathies to anyone ever injured (or worse) in such a way.
😔

Last edited:

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

hmmmm - could WDW & PETA get together & counter-sue?
"You attacked an innocent bird with your head" :).

Seriously - I've had a diving Hawk wiz past my head on it's way to a ground-mouse meal.... at about 80 MPH. Not at WDW... this was in MI.
"Warning" folks about bird habits sort of reminds me of those "Watch for falling rock" signs :). "Oh look honey - here comes one. Quick, run the car off a cliff" :). Really - is WDW's only remedy to run off & kill all the birds? Provide mandatory aggression control classes for avians?

Chi84

Premium Member
Every year around this time, our local arboretum posts signs along a particular trail warning of aggressive behavior by nesting red-wing blackbirds. Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that Disney blocked off a part of Adventureland because of aggressive behavior by nesting birds. So it's not unheard of for businesses to take action to prevent, or warn people of the possibility of, injury by aggressive birds during nesting season. And Florida has some big birds, so I don't doubt they can do real damage. This isn't a case of someone claiming compensation for being hit by air or tripping over their own feet. Each lawsuit turns on its own particular facts, and this one may not be as frivolous as some others (poodle lady comes to mind).

The alligator case was very different because (1) people don't usually enter bodies of water without a reason and (2) everyone is afraid of alligators. Birds are above us all the time, and there is usually no reason to fear them. As someone pointed out, a sign warning of danger from aggressive birds is likely to be less effective than one warning of alligators, simply because it's so hard to avoid them. In any case, the plaintiff has the burden of proving (among other things) that Disney knew of the problem and acted negligently by not addressing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom