DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Lensman

Self Driving Cars will still need a place to park unless they are so prohibitively expensive to own that the majority of them end up just for ridesharing services.
I was thinking that if you were staying at a hotel and were paying for parking there, you'd just have your car drop you off and head back to the hotel parking that you've already paid for. Either that or some entrepreneur would create cheaper offsite parking, undercutting Disney's parking fee. You could also program your car to look for free street parking. Crazily and fraudulently, you could also have your car park at the Disney Springs lot.

I live in a town where you either spend $100-$300 a month for a parking space or spend an hour looking for street parking. I'm expecting self-driving cars to bring changes - both in ride-sharing and the parking situation.

Timothy_Q

For some reason I pictured you saying this in Professor Snapes voice from Harry Potter. :)
snape.gif

ImperfectPixie

I was thinking that if you were staying at a hotel and were paying for parking there, you'd just have your car drop you off and head back to the hotel parking that you've already paid for. Either that or some entrepreneur would create cheaper offsite parking, undercutting Disney's parking fee. You could also program your car to look for free street parking. Crazily and fraudulently, you could also have your car park at the Disney Springs lot.

I live in a town where you either spend $100-$300 a month for a parking space or spend an hour looking for street parking. I'm expecting self-driving cars to bring changes - both in ride-sharing and the parking situation.
I always appreciate your thoughts on stuff like this. The whole parking situation at Disney reminds me of when I went to art school (and later on worked) in Boston...granted, it was a couple of decades ago, but when they closed the garage under the Common for a few years, it got ugly. (I won't bring a car to Boston anymore.)

Lensman

I always appreciate your thoughts on stuff like this. The whole parking situation at Disney reminds me of when I went to art school (and later on worked) in Boston...granted, it was a couple of decades ago, but when they closed the garage under the Common for a few years, it got ugly. (I won't bring a car to Boston anymore.)
Ha! I'm sure you have some funny but tragic stories.

Coincidentally, I was just listening to this podcast yesterday:

It raises the potential for the ridiculous problem of self-driving cars driving around slowly instead of parking. Of course, this is already what happens in my town on weekend nights. Friends of mine have complained about spending an hour driving around looking for a street parking space.

ImperfectPixie

Ha! I'm sure you have some funny but tragic stories.

Coincidentally, I was just listening to this podcast yesterday:

It raises the potential for the ridiculous problem of self-driving cars driving around slowly instead of parking. Of course, this is already what happens in my town on weekend nights. Friends of mine have complained about spending an hour driving around looking for a street parking space.
We lived literally a 5 minute walk from Boston at one point...and heaven forbid our landlady (we lived in a two-family house) had a visit from her niece and nephew - they'd take up the whole driveway with their two cars, so we'd be stuck looking for a spot. And don't get me started on the nimrods that block driveways and go far enough away from their car that they can't hear you cursing them out and calling the tow company...or the ones that shovel snow INTO the street...

jt04

Interesting to see the old building surrounded by fencing, either for renovations or demolition.

But if demolishish Kinda odd they didn't just demolish it when they did the rest of that area

It would open up the plaza more and allow the two pink sidewalks with palms to merge into one another nicer.

If they are demolishing it that would be a great spot to relocate the Mickey planter to.

From the latest pics on the magic home page it seems certain the building is staying. No idea what it will be but I'm happy it is staying.

wdwjmp239

I'm just wondering if the majority of this construction is going to be done before the 2020 Walt Disney World Marathon in January. This part of the course is like the last 5 miles before the finish line at Epcot (runners run between Hollywood Studios down the path to Epcot).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom