Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Incomudro

I agree with the others here that this guy is way too young to be so negative and critical of minor details. Especially during a preview session they run specifically to discover and adjust the exact issues that disappointed him; air conditioning levels, queue placement, lighting, etc.

I just don't think he gets it.

But I'd like to meet his criticism with criticism... can we talk about his house? He appears to be filming from his apartment, likely his bedroom. And there's absolutely nothing on the walls except an $8 plastic framed mirror from Target? No pictures, no artwork, no bookcase, not a single shelf with some favorite books, a potted plant and a curated memento or two? He looks mid to late 20's, seems intelligent, and he's got nothing to reflect his personality and interests displayed? That's weird.

Apparently that's because every artist and author and interesting thing on the planet only disappoints him as much as Star Wars Land did.

I noticed the look of his place too.
I normally wouldn't judge such a thing - but the stark eggshell white caught my eye in a way it wasn't intended too.
It seemed to tie in with the odd choice of what he chose to criticize.
The entire style was jarring.

voodoo321

apt.jpgThe rest of his apartment.

Disney Analyst

Haha, no. We used to work in the same area at Disneyland before he got fired. I wasn’t expecting to see him in a video on this forum (especially a WDW thread), but when I played the video, realized who it was, and heard him criticizing everything, I wasn’t surprised.

I love the like to dislike ratio on his video.

BMP

That's probably the least surprising thing ever... Have you seen his other Disney videos?

He pretty much nails the feeling though... from the (blessing in disguise) fact that no one had phones (or watches), to the anticipation waiting in the tunnel to go in, to the cast members and attention to detail, and see the MF for 1st time... SWL is so well done

sponono88

An
He pretty much nails the feeling though... from the (blessing in disguise) fact that no one had phones (or watches), to the anticipation waiting in the tunnel to go in, to the cast members and attention to detail, and see the MF for 1st time... SWL is so well done

Another good thing about the preview we went to - absolutely no strollers in sight anywhere!

note2001

Speaking of this...

Do we know if there are indoor / partially-blocked-from-view stroller parking areas? It would be a shame to have lines of strollers against the sides of buildings...
Didn't you hear, no kids allowed. :D
Just kidding... nobody get your Huggies in a bunch.
It would be nice to have it as open as the press and vloggers got to experience it though.

Mac Tonight

Oh I’m not doubting it’s well done.

I just think it’s hilarious that one of his greatest joys was seeing people forced to put their phones away and experience the land without them. Says so much about our society. Or even his admission of feeling glad he didn’t have to film himself. That shouldn’t just get swept away in a passing comment.

BMP

Oh I’m not doubting it’s well done.

I just think it’s hilarious that one of his greatest joys was seeing people forced to put their phones away and experience the land without them. Says so much about our society. Or even his admission of feeling glad he didn’t have to film himself. That shouldn’t just get swept away in a passing comment.

It’s very telling how “naked” it felt to be technology free at 1st... but it also helped accentuate the experience because we had no crutch.

We sat next to a couple at dinner (strangers) but we all sat there talking about how awesome SWL was, and then we noted how incredibly refreshing it was not to see everybody’s head buried in their phones..:

It’s was very noticeable and I’m glad I got to experience the land that way...

Mac Tonight

It’s very telling how “naked” it felt to be technology free at 1st... but it also helped accentuate the experience because we had no crutch.

We sat next to a couple at dinner (strangers) but we all sat there talking about how awesome SWL was, and then we noted how incredibly refreshing it was not to see everybody’s head buried in their phones..:

It’s was very noticeable and I’m glad I got to experience the land that way...
You're likely one of the few people who ever will experience it that way too.
Especially when you consider all the Park App features GE will likely have.

Fox&Hound

Maybe this is a really dumb question and I apologize if it has already been answered but in DHS you get a very clear view from Slinky Dog Dash the entirety of SWL. How will they be able to hide the coaster from within Star Wars Land? The trees and berm? Seems like you'd still see his face looming up from some places...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe this is a really dumb question and I apologize if it has already been answered but in DHS you get a very clear view from Slinky Dog Dash the entirety of SWL. How will they be able to hide the coaster from within Star Wars Land? The trees and berm? Seems like you'd still see his face looming up from some places...

Your view from SDD is of the tops of buildings, you don't see the pedestrian ways. Consequently, the pedestrians can't see you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom