Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

glawio

I don’t believe there’s been any definitive confirmation that he was stolen. The report contained a comment that Disney had claimed that the animatronic had been stolen. There have been rumors both ways on this subject and a lot of confusion. There were also many claims that within Disney there was some confusion as to if it was stolen or removed. It’s entirely possible that Disney management not being aware of another department removing it could have hastily relayed this information to the people already investigating this before learning it wasn’t stolen.

It’s interesting that they didn’t seem to file any official reports of the animatronic being stolen and that the investigation didn’t seem to focus on it all other than an off hand comment.

Didja miss it? Disney was reached out to about it and confirmed he was stolen.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Case in point... spike's arrest story hasn't made even a ripple on the web. It's got like 4 main places (fox, nypost,nydailynews,dailybeast) who put out a piece on Monday covering it.. and that's about it. It's not viral, it's not being shared wildly. It's a boring story.. and the comment trolls STILL try to play it against Disney...

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 6.14.09 PM.png

It's three days old.. and already buried. His antics of exotic efforts and twists have fallen on deaf ears. There is no hook there...

My95cobras

For the last time: the police said he is stolen. That question is settled. It's not up for debate.

The misinformation on whether or not Buzzy was stolen came months ago. People trusted secondhand, unsourced information from so-called insiders in the absence of police confirming or denying that the full animatronic was stolen. It was easy to believe, since the idea of two separate thefts sounded ridiculous to any reasonable person. But when the police made their statement in that article posted in this thread, I admitted I had been wrong.

A few, like you apparently, continue to cling to that outdated, unsourced rumor like it's the gospel truth.

Don’t fall into the troll vortex.... just let him go.

lazyboy97o

Smiley/OCD

I don’t believe there’s been any definitive confirmation that he was stolen. The report contained a comment that Disney had claimed that the animatronic had been stolen. There have been rumors both ways on this subject and a lot of confusion. There were also many claims that within Disney there was some confusion as to if it was stolen or removed. It’s entirely possible that Disney management not being aware of another department removing it could have hastily relayed this information to the people already investigating this before learning it wasn’t stolen.

It’s interesting that they didn’t seem to file any official reports of the animatronic being stolen and that the investigation didn’t seem to focus on it all other than an off hand comment.
Yeah, and the earth is flat, the government caused the trade center collapse, we didn't really land on the moon, etc.,etc., etc.

EPICOT

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like he's been hittin' the gange in this photo? Maybe he got a medical card after all the anxiety from his first arrest.

Yea I don’t think that mugshot is going to get this “kid” much sympathy from the general public. He’ll probably be doing some more Back Door Barfing when the police interrogate him again.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
No, what is silly is you quoting things out of context and missing (ignoring?) the conversation started WAY BEFORE those posts you quoted. You're literally missing 3/4 of the discussion by taking things midstream and out of context. For your reference... the conversation started here

To which I countered... https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...rom-disney-world-arrested.954890/post-8699622
"Disney won't even prosecute people who blatantly steal right in front of them in the parks. As long as the kid gets his felonies, I highly doubt Disney will bother with any civil angles. It doesn't fit their MO of avoiding looking like the big evil bully corp at all costs. They'll ban him (as they have), keep his tresspass notice up and remind him of the consequences of repeat felonies in the state of florida.

They only have ground to lose by trying to bankrupt a customer or squeeze them for a trivial settlement on top of the big prize... which is getting felonies to stick and potential jail time.

Disney doesn't get any dirt on them for having someone goto jail.... but goliath chases 24yr old kid for tens of thousands of dollars for stealing a wig... that's the kind of narrative Disney avoids.
"

That is the statement that started the whole tangent into explaining how viral media focuses on attention and emotional hooks rather than presenting objective reporting. And many getting wound up over me using the label 'kid'. The rest was about clarifying the risks Disney were to face if they were to go after the guy on civil matters besides the criminal matters. Which hasn't happened.

So care to try again?

Without rehashing, even though flynnibus and I disagree (and I’m pretty sure we normally agree, I’d bet I’ve liked at least a hundred of flynnibus’s posts in the past) on the potential fallout of a civil suit from a viral standpoint, I think the following is fair to say:

-flynnibus never said he shouldn’t be criminally prosecuted because he’s a kid (our differing opinions on what constitutes a kid have muddied these waters a bit), he only suggested that’s a potential reason why Disney wouldn’t pursue a civil case if restitution didn’t pan out in the criminal case
- we both agreed it is unlikely to end up with a formally filed civil suit (He based on potential media fallout, I based on the likelihood that they would enter a private settlement with non disclosure clauses well before the statute of limitations ran)
- we likely won’t ever know which of us was right
- I stand by recent media on my position if the unlikely event a civil action did take place, he has his opinion and I have mine, no harm no foul
- it is all speculative, so no need to try to convince either of us when none of us will likely ever know what happened or didn’t happen from a civil standpoint

Last edited:

Kobe!!

Without rehashing, even though flynnibus and I disagree (and I’m pretty sure we normally agree, I’d bet I’ve liked at least a hundred of flynnibus’s posts in the past) on the potential fallout of a civil suit from a viral standpoint, I think the following is fair to say:

-flynnibus never said he shouldn’t be criminally prosecuted because he’s a kid (our differing opinions on what constitutes a kid have muddied these waters a bit), he only suggested that’s a potential reason why Disney wouldn’t pursue a civil case if restitution didn’t pan out in the criminal case
- we both agreed it is unlikely to end up with a formally filed civil suit (He based on potential media fallout, I based on the likelihood that they would enter a private settlement with non disclosure clauses well before the statute of limitations ran)
- we likely won’t ever know which of us was right
- I stand by recent media on my position if the unlikely event a civil action did take place, he has his opinion and I have mine, no harm no foul
- it is all speculative, so no need to try to convince either of us when none of us will likely ever know what happened or didn’t happen from a civil standpoint
Grow up both of you. Whatever happens I’m sure we’ll all find out and know eventually.

In other news, I have BDD on Snapchat and just realized they opened my messages yesterday so someone’s still active on their social media...

GhostlyGoofy

Who wants to help me pitch a sequel to Pete Docter? The 13 year old Buzzy once helped get through a school day is all grown up and on trial for grand theft.

I heard Kevin Nealon and Charles Grodin are intrested in reprising their roles.

glawio

Minor Internet fame is a harsh mistress. He's probably arrogant enough to try and dive back into all this after a trial.

I would not be at all one bit surprised if he did indeed go back into it. It's not like you can go get a normal job after having your name plastered all over the internet for stealing thousands of dollars from a former employer.

Also agree with internet fame being a harsh mistress. It can be very difficult to mentally adjust to not getting constant, instant attention whenever you want. (Not excusing this dude one microscopic bit btw) That's probably why he is still checking his snapchat and whatnot. Attention is a helluva drug.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom