News Holiday decor and entertainment to expand to all lands at Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2019

MickeyMouse10

You aren’t representing the story of the land. Guests are being welcomed to visit facilities built by humans (in this case, a former RDA mess hall). It would be like me inviting someone to visit my lab. My lab has a Christmas tree in December.

This is an outside stand, it isn't Joe and Mac's apartment in San Francisco. The humans are waving their holiday in the Na'vi's faces. I would have been perfectly alright with a Na'vi holiday being present instead. But it seems wrong to have the human's Christmas.

peter11435

This is an outside stand, it isn't Joe and Mac's apartment in San Francisco. The humans are waving their holiday in the Na'vi's faces. I would have been perfectly alright with a Na'vi holiday being present instead. But it seems wrong to have the human's Christmas.
It’s likely exactly how things would be if Pandora was a real place with real humans living there.

Castle Cake Apologist

...you don't decorate the outside of your house for Christmas?

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Yes, I do. Christmas is a holiday on Earth, in America.

...and if you moved to another country that didn't traditionally celebrate Christmas, I venture that you would still decorate the outside of your house? Since you celebrate Christmas? You're acting like they're going to drape the floating mountains in garland. The humans aren't forcing their holiday on anybody but themselves.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

And if humans inhabited part of another planet for decades Christmas would be a holiday there too. For them

LOL, The Na'vi's still exist in this land right? This is still their planet right? Is Disney going to put a wreath around that funny shaman lady's neck and make her sing "Jingle Bells"?

peter11435

LOL, The Na'vi's still exist in this land right? This is still their planet right? Is Disney going to put a wreath around that funny shaman lady's neck and make her sing "Jingle Bells"?

Wow

Yes the Navi still live there.

Are you unfamiliar with how people all around the world celebrate their own holidays and traditions even when living in an area that traditionally celebrates other traditions?

The last sentence once again implies you didn’t even read the article. But I’m sure it’s just an attempt at hyperbole.

Castle Cake Apologist

Yes, just like Jewish people still exist in this country. Yet, there you are celebrating Christmas and forcing your Holiday upon them.

You might want to do a little reading into the backstory of the land. The humans and Na'vi have lived together in harmony for decades at this point. The only humans still on Pandora are there for research and conservation. They haven't taken anything from anybody. The design and message of the land make this abundantly clear, so it almost seems like you haven't even been to Pandora before.

Like, it's cool if your opinion was flawed in its logic, but to double down like this is kinda funny.

Last edited:

HoldenC

This is a message board, if you don't like it go to a different topic/page.
I'm just unsure why you are mad that the Na'vi are being forced to celebrate Christmas and not the "villagers" of Harambe or Anandapur. Or heck, why the kingdom around Cindy's castle has to celebrate Christmas? What about the Citizen's of Hollywood? You're argument makes no sense.

Castle Cake Apologist

I guess you didn't read the article clearly. It says Pongu Pongu. 😆

See, I'll eat crow when necessary. You're right, that was my bad. The point still stands though that this isn't forcing a holiday on anybody any more than you decorating your house for Christmas is.

I would imagine there's a reason that only the human-run location is being decorated and not the areas inhabited by the Na'vi.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Christmas belongs to ‘Murica. We invented it and then declared war on it. Just like artificial food dyes and drugs.

Have Americhristmas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom