Best Resort Room for Family of 5?!

Dianak28

I am a big fan of Poly Villa Studios. They have bed, pull out couch, and the pull down daybed. I guess it depends on everyone's preference, but when I was 18 I slept on the small daybed and so did my brother when he was 23. Both of us were plenty comfortable. I have only ever been in rooms with 4 people, so I can't speak to how crowded it will feel, just that the Poly has an immersive theme and incredible location that in my opinion are second to none. We also loved that there are two showers in these rooms!

melheb84

We have stayed at POR twice....and we truly love it! But our children are getting older and taller (haha), and the murphy bed might not be as comfortable this time - looking into other options for our next vaca...any suggestions? :)
I, too, have a family of five. I have three grown sons. We used to stay at the Port Orleans resort but I have found staying at Allstar resort getting two adjoining rooms for the same price. two bathrooms, four beds, and a privacy door if you choose to do so. I have asked the Same question and another answer I had received was DVC resort locations also would be an option.

melheb84

I, too, have a family of five. I have three grown sons. We used to stay at the Port Orleans resort but I have found staying at Allstar resort getting two adjoining rooms for the same price. two bathrooms, four beds, and a privacy door if you choose to do so. I have asked the Same question and another answer I had received was DVC resort locations also would be an option.
We have stayed at Alastair resorts and had connecting rooms for at least five or six times and each time they have complied with our request.

SaltyD

When you're ready to book a vacation, I recommend looking at all resorts that accommodate 5 in one room. Depending on what promotions Disney is offering at the time, you might find that some of the deluxe resorts where rooms are bigger and have full size day beds might be more affordable than you think :)

Amos1784

I'm not sure the ages and make up of your family however I would also suggest a one bedroom at Old Key West. The rooms there are huge, you have a full master bedroom with a King Size bed, then in the family room there is a pull out, which is plenty comfortable for two children to share, and separate pull out that accommodates another person. Also a large multi room bathroom with lots of space for getting ready.

Dsjewell

We have 7,5 and 4yos. We ended up booking the poly through MVT for only about $500 more than it would have costed for Carribean beach with Dp and ph. We will all fit fine on two queens so I’ll doubt we use the day bed. We did AOA cars last year and it was great but costs about as much as the poly. I felt we had to give it a try Since we’ve never been

daisyduckie

Ok, first, ADJOINING is not the same as CONNECTING. To Disney they are very different, so make sure you are requesting what you want. Adjoining rooms are rooms next to each other, and may or may not have the inside door between them. Connecting rooms have the inside door between them. And yes, I have asked for connecting rooms and not received them.

I want to offer up a few options I haven't seen mentioned. For a value suite look at the All Star suites. They are much cheaper, and still will give you multiple sleepers. Three fold outs and a queen bed in the bedroom. You would still get a kitchenette (much nicer than the one at AoA), 2 bathrooms, and 2 tvs. The only thing missing that AoA has is that in your face theming.

Or for staying on the boardwalk, look at the Dolphin. You would miss a few Disney perks (such as Magical Express) but the Dolphin sleeps 5 (with a roll-away) and typically costs less than an AoA suite. Being able to walk or boat to 2 parks is wonderful! After many years the Swan and Dolphin have become my go to resorts.

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
We stayed in the family suites at AoA and loved it. Our son is 6'5" and our daughter is 6'1" and they had plenty of space. The set up is perfect for creating your own little areas. The 2 bathrooms were amazing. Hope you have a great time!

cat hem

We travel with a family of 5 (our "kids" are adults) we stayed very comfortably in the AOA Cars suite. The "kids" loved that we had plenty of space to move around. Our daughter was a CM so one year we did a splurge (at a much reduced rate) at the Tree houses. Now that's a dream come true! Talk about lots of room! fabulous. Not close to anything, but in our family getting there is half the fun!

monykalyn

Family of five (2 were teens or near teen when we stayed)- CBR isn’t better than POR, love the food court at AoA (haven’t stayed there just at PoP!). The suites there seem nice but high priced.
Beach club rooms definitely have more room, the daybed is bigger too.
Loved loved the cabins! We rented a golf cart from offsite to zip around in- kids didn’t really care about going to parks at all, so much to do there. Plus the kitchen was great to have, and kids got their own sleep spaces. And the sofa bed in LR was comfortable.
If you don’t absolutely need/must have a package look at Undercover tourist or Orbitz for rooms too- often much cheaper than Disney sight, and if Disney is running any specials you can stack an orbitz code on top for more savings. Downside is you pay upfront and cancellation could be a pain (I’ve not had any issues with either but YMMV).

awoogala

another option to look into is Bonnet creek. onsite (closer than a lot of "disney" resorts to the parks-) and they have bigger suites and such. (I would use lyft from there, but seriously, fastest I've been to many parks).

Club Cooloholic

I would rent or book direct a studio at either boardwalk, beach club, poly or Wilderness Lodge. They have one queen for parent, a gold out for 2 kids and a smaller Murphy that folds down. A little tight, yes it totally doable, especially of you dont spend a ton of time in the room and can get on the balcony for your sanity

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom