Trip Report I am Jack's raging excitement

Merry Christmas to all my WDW Magic friends! We just returned from a wonderful 9 days at Disney that was jam packed with fun, food, and of course....these little beauties,

IMG_20181215_143720.jpg

We truly had many wonderful experiences and of the many trips we have had at WDW , this was one of our most memorable ones. I was eager to get this reported started as soon as we got home, but shortly after our return I was in a pretty bad car accident which slowed me down a bit.

IMG_20181224_093507.jpg

Thankfully I am ok, aside from a mild/moderate concussion when my head slammed into the steering wheel. The drivers of the other cars were ok as well. But lets rewind to appx two weeks ago when my radiator was not lodged into my engine and C and I were heading off to the warmer temperatures of Orlando!

As usual, we left the house early in the am in an effort to beat Atlanta traffic. We left around 6 am and within minutes there was an update on the radio that the highway was completely shut down due to an accident. We took an alternate route, but so did everyone else who had exited the expressway.

IMG_20181212_054451.jpg

It normally takes us about 20 minutes to get to Atlanta once we got on the highway, but with the hwy shut down it took a little over an hour. But once we got passed the accident and got back on the expressway, we cruised the rest of the way. A few hours later were in Fla!

IMG_20181212_093546.jpg

We stopped out or favorite breakfast spot in Gainesville, Maple Street Biscuit, for a quick meal.

IMG_20181212_105537.jpg

IMG_20181212_110527.jpg

IMG_20181212_110539.jpg

We got our food to go so we would not loose to much time. I'll say this, an ooey-gooey chicken bacon gravy biscuit is even better when its served in a small bowl.

As we got in the car, we noticed this man walking around the parking lot for someone to flash?

IMG_20181212_111226.jpg

We think he was looking for Phyliss from "The Office", haha.

We like stopping at Gainesville not only for the amazing biscuits, but also because its a little under two hours from WDW so it helps make the last leg of the drive feel pretty short. We take the 429 toll to Apopka becuase there is an awesome Publix we stop at to grab stuff for the room.

IMG_20181212_132846.jpg

We always get some our our "go to" beers (New Belgium) and I also get an experimental brew as well. Last trip in July I tried the Bimini Row and I was not pleased. This trip I went with Funky Buddha "Top Gun". I shall report on it later...And please note the Vitamin Water. Those who read my last TR may remember my nocturnal IBS and I was not about to let it happen again, lol!!! And C always gets lots of healthy fruits and snacks too!

We also take the 429 so we can exit off Western Way and take the back entrance to WDW which spares us from driving through Orlando traffic and is a much more peaceful drive, IMO.

For the holidays, some prefer to to be beneath the mistletoe, but we prefer to be under these...

image000000_06.jpg

Up next... checking in to our resort!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 6 ctd...

After letting all the food settle we went over to Epcot for a slow relaxing evening. It was a chilly evening but still felt very nice out and the park was not crowded at all. We got a FP for TT and designed a super sweet van.

IMG_20181217_185750.jpg

IMG_20181217_185754.jpg

After TT we rode Soarin apparently. I wouldnt have remembered but I took one of my "genius moment" pics and the timeline shows it was right after TT.

IMG_20181217_190636.jpg

We strolled around WS and stopped at China pavilion because I was in the mood for a Tsing Tao (beer). I approached a register and there was a CM writing stuff down. I waited a moment and he looked up and noticed me and apologized and said the register was a acting up but asked what I wanted and he would ring it up on the other register. He actually wrote down Tsing Tao in Chinese and was just going to hand it to the other register. I asked him if I could do it and I would act like I wrote it down myself. He liked the idea. I went to the other register and handed it to the CM (who had not seen what we did) and said I was practicing my Chinese and could he tell me if I got it right. He was VERY impressed with my penmanship and he showed the other CM. We waited a moment and then a had a good laugh as we told the guy he had wrote it, not me. It sounds silly, but it was a fun little moment.

IMG_20181217_211455.jpg

C had waited outside and I told her about my escapade with the CM and she just looked at me and said in a funny/snarky tone, "whats wrong with you"?, lol. She says that to me a lot, haha.

No wait for For FEA so we went on in!

IMG_20181217_205912.jpg

After Frozen we traversed back through WS and headed to the room.

IMG_20181217_212555.jpg

Up next...day 7

fractal

Day 6 ctd...

After letting all the food settle we went over to Epcot for a slow relaxing evening. It was a chilly evening but still felt very nice out and the park was not crowded at all. We got a FP for TT and designed a super sweet van.

View attachment 373744

View attachment 373745

After TT we rode Soarin apparently. I wouldnt have remembered but I took one of my "genius moment" pics and the timeline shows it was right after TT.

View attachment 373740

We strolled around WS and stopped at China pavilion because I was in the mood for a Tsing Tao (beer). I approached a register and there was a CM writing stuff down. I waited a moment and he looked up and noticed me and apologized and said the register was a acting up but asked what I wanted and he would ring it up on the other register. He actually wrote down Tsing Tao in Chinese and was just going to hand it to the other register. I asked him if I could do it and I would act like I wrote it down myself. He liked the idea. I went to the other register and handed it to the CM (who had not seen what we did) and said I was practicing my Chinese and could he tell me if I got it right. He was VERY impressed with my penmanship and he showed the other CM. We waited a moment and then a had a good laugh as we told the guy he had wrote it, not me. It sounds silly, but it was a fun little moment.

View attachment 373742

C had waited outside and I told her about my escapade with the CM and she just looked at me and said in a funny/snarky tone, "whats wrong with you"?, lol. She says that to me a lot, haha.

No wait for For FEA so we went on in!

View attachment 373741

After Frozen we traversed back through WS and headed to the room.

View attachment 373743

Up next...day 7

Val says that to me all the time.

Beer stand stories are the best!

sheriffwoody

We made our way to the Monorail and saw one of our new favorite people watching experiences. The fake candid photo shoot! I cant help but laugh when a person intentionally tries to look as if they are staring of into the distance and they hold the pose for 20 seconds. I laugh more at the way it looks, not the person. To each their own and for all we know, it could be for a school project or something else. Still fun to witness.

I cannot even tell you how stupid I feel posing for pictures in the parks. DO IT FOR THE GRAM. I am trying to sell shirts, otherwise I probably wouldn't do it :hilarious: Also that girl in that picture is mainstreet_mermaid. She used to be a cast member...I guess you could call her a really low-level influencer? I dunno how big you have to be to be considered that. But from what I can tell she does photo shoots around the parks all the time. I'm always curious if people pay the photographers for these shoots. I'd totally do Disney parks shoots for people like that if they paid me.

And the fried hummus, which we will ABSOLUTELY be back for! It was awesome!
SO GOOD! I seriously crave that stuff.

I dont know, perhaps @sheriffwoody can verify if this one is special???
I think it's a regular open edition pin, but definitely not a trader! I usually only trade stuff from a bag or lanyard set like C :)

NickPytlinski

I've been in from the start brother. thanks for taking the time in such detail to show us your trip.

Question: Do you like the real ale coming out of the uk? (its huge business and revived the pub trades)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Seriously!!! I've been away from the boards for a while and when I make it back I'm thinking "wow, 9000 has been back to Disney. Great another fun report to read". I then realize it's the same report from December! Seriously! :rolleyes:

:) Glad you're finishing the report, always a great read.
I take my time....they call me turtle.

slipperalwaysfits

I've been enjoying your lengthy report in the midst of my own busy life. Looking forward to your next TR soon! Those games with the CMs can be fun! A little extra magic! Glad you and C had a magical holiday getaway! The HS after hours sounds AMAZING!! I'm so glad C loved the surprise!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 7

We had a late breakfast on the Boardwalk since the weather was great. We each got something from the bakery. I do not remember what we worded but here is what it looks like.

IMG_20181218_105446.jpg

IMG_20181218_105450.jpg

Great views on the Boardwalk.

IMG_20181218_105805.jpg

And this little beauty!

IMG_20181218_110131.jpg

After breakfast, it was time to wash it all down with some beers, so where else would we head?

IMG_20181218_140019.jpg

Tsing Tao time!

IMG_20181218_143042.jpg

A little journey into Imagination while we waited for our Soarin FP.

C decided to get this black and white cookie. It was very good.

IMG_20181218_150018.jpg

IMG_20181218_150013.jpg

Another tour around WS with some people watching mixed in.

IMG_20181218_150710.jpg

An aus for my lady....

IMG_20181218_152300.jpg

up next, more Epcot and lunch

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 7 ctd...

It was time for Soarin so we made out way to The Land.

IMG_20181218_155827.jpg

The CMs seem to get really bothered if you take a quick picture instead of sitting down right away. The CM got on me right away and told me to sit down, as if I was going to stand there for the entire attraction. I got the picture and sat down and the universe was saved.

IMG_20181218_160207.jpg

I took a pic while we rode so there was proof for the CM that I was in my seat. FYI, this is one of the hidden mickeys in the new Soarin, in case anybody hasnt seen it.

IMG_20181218_160832.jpg

We headed back to the room for an afternoon break. C went to the room and I headed to one of my favorite drinking spots in WDW. Where was I going?

IMG_20181218_163552.jpg

Ah, yes. The one and only. I like the country club feel and they have decent beers here.

IMG_20181218_164425.jpg

The main reason I was here, was to the try the filet mignon burger. I got it to go so I could eat in the room with C. Im pretty sure she had another mozzarella sandwich.

IMG_20181218_173003.jpg

This burger was AMAZING!!!!! I will definitely be getting another one. And who knows, that may just be in a few days... ;)

We relaxed for awhile in the room for and showered up before heading back out. We had a special evening planned. We made our way to the bus stop and hopped on.

IMG_20181218_180933.jpg

Shirley status for the win! Any guess where we are headed? Heres a hint. Its a hard ticket event, and even a double hard ticketed event, and we had tickets to both!

Up next....mystery event

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 7 ctd...

We arrived at MK for MVMCP, and we also had tickets to the new Tonys Most Merriest Town Square Party! Full disclosure, the tickets were provided by Disney. C and her mom had gone to MNSSHP in October and it was a hot mess of an experience. We sent a very polite email to the proper people about it. We did not ask for any for of compensation. We received a call from someone in the Orlando offices who wanted to ask C a few questions. At the end of their conversation, the woman offered tickets to MVMCP and C told her that was not necessary and that we did not send the email trying to get anything for free and it was to genuinely offer information from a guest experience that could hopefully benefit the company. The woman said that was the reason that she wanted to offer the tickets because so many emails they get are simply to complain and/or demand free stuff and she wanted to show her thanks for an email that was was actually useful. She told C that she was going to add them to our MDE app. She wound up even adding tickets to the Tonys Town Square Party!

IMG_20181218_222302.jpg

IMG_20181218_183522.jpg

There was still some time before the Tonys Party began so we enjoyed the lighter crowds as we strolled around and got in a few rides.

IMG_20181218_184506.jpg

IMG_20181218_192249.jpg

IMG_20181218_192913.jpg

They had a cool projection on the clock tower at PoTC.

IMG_20181218_195000.jpg

Stopped to get one of the free cookies they hand out. It wasnt anything special but not too bad. It was the only one we got. We did enjoy the icee.

IMG_20181218_200506.jpg

The crowds were very light and wait times were low, which makes C a happy lil camper!

IMG_20181218_195055.jpg

We stopped by the Mansion on our way back towards Tonys.

IMG_20181218_203328.jpg

After HM it was time for Tonys!

IMG_20181218_213244.jpg

Up next....Food and booze at Tonys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom