Pre-Trip We go to Disney for the FOOD!

Hi Everyone!
I just joined these boards today, and I'm really excited to spend some more time on the site! I also love love trip reports - I'm part of a cruise forum (not Disney specific) and I enjoy reading about others' experiences and posting my own. I can't believe it's taken me this long to find Disney related forums in all of my research over the years.

We just decided a week ago that we wanted our next trip to be to Disney World. We had been looking at cruises originally (which we also love as a vacation) but had a hard time making the dates fit with work and life schedules. We had originally decided that we'd wait until 2021 to go back to Disney since we had just been in 2016. However, we've been having serious Disney withdrawals, so we scrapped the cruise idea and started planning out a long weekend at Disney World.

Who's travelling: Myself and my wife, we're both in our early 30's. We love Disney and this will be our 5th trip there!

When: January 23rd-28th, 2019. We live in Massachusetts so it will be nice to get away from the freezing cold temps.

Where: Port Orleans - French Quarter. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in 2016 and it was amazing. We're looking forward to checking out this smaller resort.

I've done a ton of planning in the last week since we're right around the 180 day mark for ADR's. One of the things that we love about Disney World is the food. Yes, I'm totally serious and we've spent most our planning time trying to decided which restaurants we want to go to :D After narrowing down our favorites and adding in a new one, I started making ADR's this weekend!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
I change everything constantly too, it's a disease which I love. My family hates it, and just end up saying "you plan, we will go." :)

Super jealous of all the good plays. We don't get much good, unless we drive the 2 1/2 hours to Chicago. And now with the boys, I don't want to pay that much for 4 tickets!

We get there two days after you leave, bummer!!!

Haha I get told the same thing for all trips now!

I love the shows! We just got a season subscription for next year again - it’s a lot of fun but it definitely gets expensive.

Hope you have a wonderful trip! 😀

tatibus0913

Original Poster
WE HAVE MAGIC BANDS!

20 days and we are on vacation!!

tabby1222

Jealous!!! I just got our under 30 day email. It still isn't close enough..... But considering I still have 6 days of work left, and the boys still have until June 4th for summer break (different districts!) it feels like it will be here sooner than I realize. Plus, I have a million things to take care of before we actually leave!!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Jealous!!! I just got our under 30 day email. It still isn't close enough..... But considering I still have 6 days of work left, and the boys still have until June 4th for summer break (different districts!) it feels like it will be here sooner than I realize. Plus, I have a million things to take care of before we actually leave!!

The wait has gone by pretty fast! My job has been insane which I think helped, but I can’t wait for it to slow down a little this summer! I don’t even have kids but it always feels like there’s so much to do before vacation. We’re so close though!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Itinerary updates! We cancelled the food tour! I know, I know, we love food, but the reviews have been less than stellar and we didn't believe it would be worth the $200. So we made a breakfast reservation at Cape May Cafe, and plan to have a relaxing morning before heading to Animal Kingdom. I also booked a massage for our last day there! Super excited about that :)

Maybe now that we're 11 days out, I'll stop changing things!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Hey all! I have not forgotten about you! We got back last Monday, I had one day at work and then flew to St. Louis for a conference. Work has been insane since I've been back. We had an amazing trip and I can't wait to share it all with you! I still need to organize my photos a bit more, and am hoping to do that this weekend :cool:

Dave B

I was so stressed about the FastPasses!! This may have been overkill, but I made a list of FastPasses in order of priority with the dates and times I wanted. FOP and SDD were the first ones that I booked right at 7am.

We arrive on a Saturday and for FOP on Tuesday, there were only evening ones left, which works for our plans. However, there was a lot more availability for Friday. SDD also seemed to have a good amount of availability for Thursday and Saturday. I think if you book them later in the trip, you should be ok!

I just can’t wait to be there! 44 days to go!
Here is our list for the 10 days

FoP everyday

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom