Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

Brer Oswald

🎶DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB!🎶

MickeyMinnieMom

He's just a kid, give him a break...wait, are you talking about Dreamfinder? If so, he's just a kid
I know in the other thread months ago this was discussed, but Spikes is 24. He's an adult. And regardless of their age, anyone lining up with Spikes is not exactly showing the best judgment. In the immortal words of Kenny Rogers (google him, kids)...

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Look, I was the biggest skeptic of any talk that he was stolen. It seemed ludicrous that someone could steal a whole animatronic, much less someone you'd suspect was being watched closely after a reported theft in the same area months earlier.

But this is in an official police report complied six months later. For the third time, the line in the report states: "We had also recently learned that the entire Buzzy animatronic was later stolen from the attraction, separately from the clothing."

This is not just "a report of what officers heard" at the time. This was released YESTERDAY.

An official police report is infinitely more reliable than any unnamed insider who won't reveal their source.

I read this as they learned of the theft in November, not six months later. It even says he was questioned about the theft in November.

"Detective Jessee Hinson and I spoke to Spikes in late November to determine if he had any information on the location of the stolen items. We had also recently learned that the entire Buzzy animatronic was later stolen from the attraction, separately from the clothing. Spikes denied any firsthand knowledge of the thefts, but provided vague information of people we could look into, but would not provide last names or specifics. Spikes stated he would contact us if he heard anything."

glawio

I feel super weird about this. Why don't we have a police report for Buzzy specifically? Why is there one for just his clothes, and just the Haunted Mansion clothes, but not the animatronic himself? Why didn't Disney report him as stolen?

I think it's important to note that the police report says "We learned the animatronic had been stolen," which isn't "Disney reported/Disney confirmed the animatronic had been stolen," or "We learned from Disney the animatronic had been stolen". The second you try to type anything about Buzzy/Cranium Command into Google it immediately autofills it to 'stolen'. Looking up anything about him will bring up tons and tons of information about him being apparently taken. It doesn't say where they learned this information...

Please don't flame me, I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just personally trying to hold out hope until we get an official statement from Disney over where he is...this whole thing makes me terribly sad...

GlacierGlacier

I feel super weird about this. Why don't we have a police report for Buzzy specifically? Why is there one for just his clothes, and just the Haunted Mansion clothes, but not the animatronic himself? Why didn't Disney report him as stolen?

I think it's important to note that the police report says "We learned the animatronic had been stolen," which isn't "Disney reported/Disney confirmed the animatronic had been stolen," or "We learned from Disney the animatronic had been stolen". The second you try to type anything about Buzzy/Cranium Command into Google it immediately autofills it to 'stolen'. Looking up anything about him will bring up tons and tons of information about him being apparently taken. It doesn't say where they learned this information...

Please don't flame me, I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just personally trying to hold out hope until we get an official statement from Disney over where he is...this whole thing makes me terribly sad...
Likely because it is still under investigation. Likely once the whole thing closes more information will be released (Thanks sunshine State laws!).

It is entirely possible, as always, that we won't ever hear the whole story. But they're probably keeping info under wraps until it's no longer sensitive.

Daisy4eva

The Buzzy case is still being actively investigated so it will have a separate report. Since this case is mainly about the HM stolen items, they had no need to mention the evidence for that case outside of using it for context on why they were investigating him at all. Also, I wouldn't hold out hope on hearing anything from Disney. Even after seeing those leaked Stitch's Great Escape photos, they still haven't admitted the ride isn't coming back.

The report shows they have evidence to arrest him for the Buzzy clothes too (the picture of the Buzzy's clothes in his car, the tan backpack used in the crime at his house ect.) But for some reason, they haven't right?

I'm guessing they used this case so they can arrest him while they find solid evidence that he stole the animatronic as well as work on the other cases they mentioned. The evidence for that in the investigation we've been shown is that it says he received over $29,451.70 from two people. We know $8,890.21 came from one person and were for 18 items (which according to the report, only one was actually relevant to this case and the rest, which all belonged to WDW, "will be assigned to separate case numbers depending on the incident".
However, $20,000+ received was from just one person. Sounds a bit high just for clothes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was referring to them including that information in a report six months after they first contacted Spikes. If this was something dated FROM six months ago, yeah, there’s be more reason to be skeptical.

I’m defending that quote against being framed as police just repeating a rumor they heard. It says they LEARNED the full AA was stolen. Seems much more definitive than Dave Ensign quoting unnamed sources secondhand.

There is always the possibility that at the time Disney thought it had been stolen, but then determined that it had only been an "un-authorized removal" as some here have reported.

MotherOfBirds

There is always the possibility that at the time Disney thought it had been stolen, but then determined that it had only been an "un-authorized removal" as some here have reported.

I find it difficult to believe that Disney personnel, officially authorized or no, would remove an animatronic by hacking away at the hydraulic lines like a serial killer with a machete rather than simply disconnect it the way it was supposed to be. And yes, I've seen photos of the lines post-removal.

To paraphrase Jenny Nicholson, "If I was going to throw out a microwave, I wouldn't cut the power cord with a pair of scissors. I would just unplug it because it's both easier and safer."

dgp602

If this has been mentioned before, then disregard. But wouldn't Buzzy weigh hundreds of pounds? How does one kid cut, dismantle and carry this out of the property by himself and without ANYONE noticing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom