Things Only Theme Park Fans Do

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Annoyingly talk over The Ghost Host in The Haunted Mansion Stretching Room and try to make money on youtube off their favorite theme park by making vlogging videos of them walking around Disney Parks and going on rides. "Look at all the fun I am having that you are not having. My life is better than yours and guess what? You Tube add breaks are paying me for it!!! I am making money off Disney and all the hard working cast members and Imagineers old and new and their creative efforts!!!"

truecoat

Annoyingly talk over The Ghost Host in The Haunted Mansion Stretching Room and try to make money on youtube off their favorite theme park by making vlogging videos of them walking around Disney Parks and going on rides. "Look at all the fun I am having that you are not having. My life is better than yours and guess what? You Tube add breaks are paying me for it!!! I am making money off Disney and all the hard working cast members and Imagineers old and new and their creative efforts!!!"

You have to have a lot of viewers to make money off of youtube. A million views of a video will get about 2 grand and youtube takes 45% of that. That's a lot of work for little money.

Phroobar

You have to have a lot of viewers to make money off of youtube. A million views of a video will get about 2 grand and youtube takes 45% of that. That's a lot of work for little money.
So how do youtubers afford to make fan movies, other projects or even live off for their youtube channels on so little pay? Patreon and selling t-shirts can't be it. That guy that plays Minecraft games seems to be rich!

truecoat

So how do youtubers afford to make fan movies, other projects or even live off for their youtube channels on so little pay? Patreon and selling t-shirts can't be it. That guy that plays Minecraft games seems to be rich!

You're talking about someone who has 23 million subscribers and he puts out videos with a million+ views every couple days. Show me a Disney vlogger with that kind of following.

Phroobar

You're talking about someone who has 23 million subscribers and he puts out videos with a million+ views every couple days. Show me a Disney vlogger with that kind of following.
For some reason this TheTimTracker vlogger has 628K subscribers.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTimTracker/featured

Even the DisneyParks vlog has only 967K subscribers.

Freshbaked only has 112K. I still don't see how people make money on this crap.

truecoat

For some reason this TheTimTracker vlogger has 628K subscribers.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTimTracker/featured

Even the DisneyParks vlog has only 967K subscribers.

Freshbaked only has 112K. I still don't see how people make money on this crap.

One thing about Fresh Baked and Passport to the Parks for example is while they are doing live shows, people in the live commenting section are sending them money. It doesn't look like a lot, 5-10 bucks, but it adds up I suppose.

I for one don't care if they want to make money on their hobby, it's a hell of a lot of work for anyone that truly knows what they have to do. It looks easy, just go to the parks all the time and film what you do. Try editing a couple hours of footage into something halfway decent or upkeep of a website etc etc. When it becomes a job, it sometimes takes the fun out of what you enjoy and if they can keep that level of interest up, more power to them.

Mac Tonight

Some folks live paycheck to paycheck. Some live YouTube video to YouTube video.
If YouTube ever loses its monetary luxuries, so many poor millennials are gonna have to actually
get real jobs!

Phroobar

Sounds not far off from me. Got married at Disneyland with Mickey and Minnie at the Wedding then honeymooned at Disneyworld!
It's way cooler to have Snoopy at your wedding though.

hk_snoopy_4.jpg

MsfEcZA.jpg

Phroobar

Keep a Disney Parks playlist on one's phone.. that can play for two days without repeating anything... and that's the edited-down "favorites" version...
There use to be a podcast called 1313 South Harbor Blvd. You were lost in Disneyland with the Hitchhiking Ghost. They would pick a section of the park (ie. Main Street) and dedicate the episode to that. They would play background music or ride audio from that area. No commentary. Just small DJ introductions. Very professional. They had some pretty rare stuff. The guy that put it together died about ten years ago.

Janir

Listen to D-Park radio Background area music all day at work. Not on headphones so anyone coming nearby hears Disney park music coming out of my laptop.

Touchdown

Keep a Disney Parks playlist on one's phone.. that can play for two days without repeating anything... and that's the edited-down "favorites" version...

If you include movie music mines longer then a day here’s my sections:
1. Disney Movie music (alternating between the newest and oldest movies first so that the renaissance movies end the list followed by the pop end credits songs all at the end)
2. Walt Disney World
-“Overture” (FitS soundtrack, Epcot Entrance Medley, Hurray for Hollywood instrumental, Tree of Life Theme)
-Animal Kingdom (arranged in clockwise fashion ending with the Night Shows)
-Hollywood Studios (Straight back then counter clockwise ending with Fantasmic!)
-Epcot (Future World, World Showcase, Illuminations)
-Magic Kingdom (Monorail Spiel, Trolley Show, Clockwise trip around the park, Festival of Fantasy, Once Upon a Time, Happily Ever After, Goodnight Kiss)
-Coda (Spectromagic piano theme, Remember the Magic)
3. Disneyland Resort
-Disneyland Park (Rope Drop, Clockwise Tour with no repeats from MK, Soundational, DL Forever, Fantasmic, Good night announcement)
-DCA (Rope Drop, Cars Land and then counter clockwise, ending with World of Color)
4. Parks “Attic” Section
-Holiday Music past and present
-Alternate Versions and retired attractions
5. Mannheim Steamroller Disney Album

socalifornian

I'm gonna have to look into this...
If you run iOS there used to be a backdoor on iTunes to create the tones for free, not sure if it’s been closed. Trying to find the gold mine of sound recordings but I don’t see it anymore..it was on a board like this one

Edit: I have 14 of them but this site doesn't accept the file type. Tried a zip and renaming it as a .jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom