Any word on benches in Galaxy Edge?

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
It's no secret that Disneyland's benches have been dwindling in numbers. You can't even sit on that wall in front of The Haunted Mansion since they demolished it. Although I never did, now I'll never get the chance to. So with Star Wars adding a lot of new acreage to this theme park, is it also adding a lot of space benches? I do like to just sit in these theme parks and soak in the atmosphere.

Mac Tonight

bfcb32dbd94782c54cfcf61e6846d6d7.jpg

diy_tie_fighter_bookshelf_star_wars_tutorial_woodworking2.JPG

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Very few spots to sit. They want to keep lingering to a minimum.
really? that is a bummer. would be a fun place to sit down, grab a snack and do some good old fashioned people watching and soak in the new environment. part of the charm of Disneyland is it had sooo many places to do just that. just take a few minutes to relax, put your feet up and enjoy the sights and sounds. soo many little private spots one could discover. sad that is slowly fading away from the charm of the park.

mickEblu

really? that is a bummer. would be a fun place to sit down, grab a snack and do some good old fashioned people watching and soak in the new environment. part of the charm of Disneyland is it had sooo many places to do just that. just take a few minutes to relax, put your feet up and enjoy the sights and sounds. soo many little private spots one could discover. sad that is slowly fading away from the charm of the park.

Why people watch when you can people sniff as you are walking shoulder to shoulder or face to armpit?

mickEblu

It sad that so much about the park experience now is just about survival. “Can’t wait to sit down for 3 minutes after I stand in line for an hour.” “Ok on 3, cross Main Street, 1,2,3!”

How do you stop and smell the roses when their aren’t any because they removed all the planters or how do you relax when you have nowhere to sit? I started realizing I have a problem (or maybe I’m just normal) when the most fun I have at DL is taking an obscure side path that isn’t packed with hoards of people and feeling like you can breathe.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

I agree! We people watchers ( :cautious: ) don't have enough benches OR any shade for that matter!
I was recently at Toy Story Land at HS and couldn't find a place to sit and relax for a minute!

/rant

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If you want to sit and people watch go to a park, just not a Disney Park.

Walt may have thought up Disneyland on a bench, but he didn't want people sitting on a bench he wanted the whole family to participate. Stop sitting, participate in the experience.

*I kid of course....

mickEblu

If you want to sit and people watch go to a park, just not a Disney Park.

Walt may have thought up Disneyland on a bench, but he didn't want people sitting on a bench he wanted the whole family to participate. Stop sitting, participate in the experience.

*I kid of course....

But there is some truth here. I’m starting to realize what I really love about Disneyland is the landscaping. In addition to all of the architecture, sights, scents and sounds of reassurance of course. So what I really need is a large beautiful garden/ park packed with nostalgia/ Americana / turn of the 20th century theming with a few rides that isn’t crowded. Where is that?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But there is some truth here. I’m starting to realize what I really love about Disneyland is the landscaping. In addition to all of the architecture, sights, scents and sounds of reassurance of course. So what I really need is a large beautiful garden/ park with a few rides that isn’t crowded. Where is that?
Gilroy Gardens (formerly called Bonfante Gardens) in Gilroy just south of San Jose.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It sad that so much about the park experience now is just about survival. “Can’t wait to sit down for 3 minutes after I stand in line for an hour.” “Ok on 3, cross Main Street, 1,2,3!”

How do you stop and smell the roses when their aren’t any because they removed all the planters or how do you relax when you have nowhere to sit? I started realizing I have a problem (or maybe I’m just normal) when the most fun I have at DL is taking an obscure side path that isn’t packed with hoards of people and feeling like you can breathe.
That is part of the charm of Disneyland but Igor has gone and flushed it down the toilet for his Star Wars Town

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom