Disneyland New "Flex" Annual Pass

Touchdown

Ok, but now imagine you've grown up and are paying for a family of 5. No, not everyone will go every visit.. but you can't leave a child out either. That's $6k just for one form of entertainment.

15 visits.. the list of things I manage to repeat 15+ times in a year is short... sleep, eat, poop... etc

I am grown up I just happen to be single, and the price increase is true for every form of entertainment. That’s why you rarely see families at concerts or sporting events.

Most families can only afford one big trip a year (weather it’s to Disney or somewhere else) annual passes aren’t for them, local families can buy lower passes. Not to mention, kids go to school and only have so much time off. I realize I’m in a unique position given I have the means to afford to travel a lot and the time (my job is 7 12 hour shifts then 7 days off, with vacation I get 28 weeks a year off.). However I was pointing out my position to show that even at this price point APs still make sense to some people. Disney is working on finding the perfect price point to make the most money with the fewest costs and stable attendance across the calendar year. Right now they have too many APs, too many people in the park on weekends, holidays and summer so the prices for APs are going up and they are trying to entice a large segment of APs to switch to the Flex pass.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am grown up I just happen to be single, and the price increase is true for every form of entertainment. That’s why you rarely see families at concerts or sporting events.

No, you just don't see full families going to 15 concerts or sporting events. And BTW... my NFL season tickets cost close to the Disney Sig AP... but I can also sell my tickets when I don't want to go or diffuse my costs :) I also don't have season tickets for the whole family.. but I can pick and chose who goes when.

We are also planning on two concerts already this summer.. with similar price points to a DL ticket.. but again, the difference is in the frequency.

In most other upsell to pre-paid plans... the break even point is usually 3-4 times. Regional parks try to get you at about 2.5-3x gate cost.

However I was pointing out my position to show that even at this price point APs still make sense to some people

I think you were just saying how it works for YOU.. and not quite capturing how your world isn't exactly typical.

Touchdown

I’m trying to say there must be still a bunch of people out there for which this pass still works. NFL season passes are only for 8 games (10 if you include pre season) a Signature Plus pass is good for 365 days. Go more then 8 times to Disney and your price per day drops to less then the NFL tickets.

My problem is that you are widening your view to everyone, which is wrong.

Also Disney is leagues better then regional parks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My problem is that you are widening your view to everyone, which is wrong.

Also Disney is leagues better then regional parks.

I'm embracing more than a single type of demographic... the mobile, disposible income, unmarried type. Which is not the majority... especially for Disney.

The point was not to say regional parks are better or worse.. but to illustrate an example of typical upsell to 'all you can eat' pricing. Look around.. you'll find that 3-4x tipping point is quite common.

DanielBB8

This is why public transportation is risky.

“Harrowing footage has been released by police showing a 74-year-old man being shoved off a bus so hard he eventually died.

Serge Fournier was reportedly telling a fellow passenger on the bus to be politer to others when he was pushed by a woman, landing head first on the pavement.

The woman, Cadesha Michelle Bishop, is facing a murder charge for the fatal shove on March 21 this year in Las Vegas.

On April 23 his death was ruled as a homicide by the county coroner.”

truecoat

This is why public transportation is risky.

“Harrowing footage has been released by police showing a 74-year-old man being shoved off a bus so hard he eventually died.

Serge Fournier was reportedly telling a fellow passenger on the bus to be politer to others when he was pushed by a woman, landing head first on the pavement.

The woman, Cadesha Michelle Bishop, is facing a murder charge for the fatal shove on March 21 this year in Las Vegas.

On April 23 his death was ruled as a homicide by the county coroner.”

This is why little league games are risky.

https://abc7news.com/man-killed-after-car-tears-across-field-during-kids-game-in-maine/3553207/

Ismael Flores

is it limited for two days in 30 or is it two open reservation in 30?
so for example. you make a reservation for the next two saturdays. that fills up your two open reservations. then the first saturday arrives and you visit, that opens up one reservation of the two so can you make a new reservation on Sunday for the next saturday if space is still available ?

at any given time you only have two reservations open but can in theory you can go every saturday if there are still open spots.

ok yes i am going to quote myself :)

seems like i might have found some answers in regards to my own previous question. This information comes from coworker that has a sister working ticketing. He asked her because he was considering changing when his pass expires in July

1) The flex pass is limited to two Open reservations per a 30 day window but it is not limited to going only two reservation days per the 30 day window. In other words you can make both reservations and as soon as the first one comes open you can make another one. In theory if reservation openings are available you can go multiple times to the parks on a reservation day per the 30 day window.

or for example you can make a friday and saturday reservation when needed and as soon as your Friday reservation is used you can go online and make a reservation for Dunsay of the same weekend if there are still reservations open for either of the park or for park hopping.

2) something else i learned was that certain people might be able to get parking added to their pass for a fix yearly price. It will depend on your annual pass history. for example some people at some point had deluxe with parking added. some of those people still do and can change to flex and be able to keep the parking option since they would be grandfathered in. Also some people used to have deluxe passes with parking and at some point upgrade to signature. supposedly those passes are still grandfathered in and might be able to switch to flex and also keep parking option.

Seems like they might actually like people to consider this flex pass if that is the case even if it means loosing some signature holders that pay more. It might be better for internal crowd control since they will have more control of when those annual passholders go especially during reservation dates compared to just showing up whenever with the signature pass.

what will be good to know and i didn't find out is whether the parking option would be allowed for those that started off their annual passes as signature

mickEblu

ok yes i am going to quote myself :)

seems like i might have found some answers in regards to my own previous question. This information comes from coworker that has a sister working ticketing. He asked her because he was considering changing when his pass expires in July

1) The flex pass is limited to two Open reservations per a 30 day window but it is not limited to going only two reservation days per the 30 day window. In other words you can make both reservations and as soon as the first one comes open you can make another one. In theory if reservation openings are available you can go multiple times to the parks on a reservation day per the 30 day window.

or for example you can make a friday and saturday reservation when needed and as soon as your Friday reservation is used you can go online and make a reservation for Dunsay of the same weekend if there are still reservations open for either of the park or for park hopping.

2) something else i learned was that certain people might be able to get parking added to their pass for a fix yearly price. It will depend on your annual pass history. for example some people at some point had deluxe with parking added. some of those people still do and can change to flex and be able to keep the parking option since they would be grandfathered in. Also some people used to have deluxe passes with parking and at some point upgrade to signature. supposedly those passes are still grandfathered in and might be able to switch to flex and also keep parking option.

Seems like they might actually like people to consider this flex pass if that is the case even if it means loosing some signature holders that pay more. It might be better for internal crowd control since they will have more control of when those annual passholders go especially during reservation dates compared to just showing up whenever with the signature pass.

what will be good to know and i didn't find out is whether the parking option would be allowed for those that started off their annual passes as signature

Thanks for the info. Do you think they ll let someone who had a Signature but downgraded to So Cal Select and then back up to flex add a parking pass?

mickEblu

Thanks for the info. Do you think they ll let someone who had a Signature but downgraded to So Cal Select and then back up to flex add a parking pass?

Now I’m going to quote myself. The answer is no. I just called. To provide a little context, CM that answered was very short, seemed quite bored, monotone and unhappy with her job but said that only Sig and Sig+ have parking. She kind of sounded like she was on auto reply as I was asking questions so maybe she doesn’t care or know about the updates. The guy who transferred me to her in Member Services who was older and sounded like he was reading off a script said you could add a parking pass for $250.

If they want to get people to move to Flex I think you re right and they may allow Deluxes or Southern California passes to keep their grandfathered parking.

Ismael Flores

from what i understood at this point if you are one of those that had the parking option prior to them removing it and you have continuously been an annual passholder then you are grandfathered in then the parking option can be carried over. Might have to ask the Castmember and then they can look at your pass history and determine if you are able to keep it.

My co-worker annual pass history is as follows.

1) so cal pass
2) upgraded to deluxe and got the parking option when it was still an option.
3) upgraded to signature select when that came available.

according to his sister since he at one point had the deluxe pass and was paying for the parking option during the time parking option was removed he automatically got grandfathered in to be able to continue adding parking.
since he upgraded up to signature and not down his passes continuously maintain a parking option which was now included with his signature pass.
now going back to flex he is still eligible because of his previous pass history and grandfather clause.

seems a bit complicated and makes me wonder if most CM's would look into that. He also said that his sister advised him that if he does change to do it at the ticket window with an actual CM because the change online would not look at his history and would automatically remove him from the clause once the change is over.

will be interesting to see if this information is actually what happens once the passes go on sell Monday. Disney should recognize annual passholders history compared to new buyers but sometimes it doesn't work that way.

Ismael Flores

Now I’m going to quote myself. The answer is no. I just called. To provide a little context, CM that answered was very short, seemed quite bored, monotone and unhappy with her job but said that only Sig and Sig+ have parking. She kind of sounded like she was on auto reply as I was asking questions so maybe she doesn’t care or know about the updates. The guy who transferred me to her in Member Services who was older and sounded like he was reading off a script said you could add a parking pass for $250.

If they want to get people to move to Flex I think you re right and they may allow Deluxes or Southern California passes to keep their grandfathered parking.

i had failed to mention but my coworker did mention that his sister said the option was $250 so those two things match. As i suspected some CM's might not still know or care enough to fully understand the possible option for those that already have parking grandfathered in and most will most likely not take the time to see a full history and make the decision to offer the $250 option.

He actually broke down the pricing because he wanted to make sure it makes sense for him. He goes once a week for a few hours after work.

he pays

signature pass $1149.00

his flex pass would cost

flex pass $599.00
parking option $250.00
photopass addition which includes maxpass $100.00

Total $949.00

saves $200.00 but now he is wondering if the whole having to reserve option is his thing because of the summer days that are mostly reserve days

Last edited:

mickEblu

from what i understood at this point if you are one of those that had the parking option prior to them removing it and you have continuously been an annual passholder then you are grandfathered in then the parking option can be carried over. Might have to ask the Castmember and then they can look at your pass history and determine if you are able to keep it.

My co-worker annual pass history is as follows.

1) so cal pass
2) upgraded to deluxe and got the parking option when it was still an option.
3) upgraded to signature select when that came available.

according to his sister since he at one point had the deluxe pass and was paying for the parking option during the time parking option was removed he automatically got grandfathered in to be able to continue adding parking.
since he upgraded up to signature and not down his passes continuously maintain a parking option which was now included with his signature pass.
now going back to flex he is still eligible because of his previous pass history and grandfather clause.

seems a bit complicated and makes me wonder if most CM's would look into that. He also said that his sister advised him that if he does change to do it at the ticket window with an actual CM because the change online would not look at his history and would automatically remove him from the clause once the change is over.

will be interesting to see if this information is actually what happens once the passes go on sell Monday. Disney should recognize annual passholders history compared to new buyers but sometimes it doesn't work that way.

Ya being that I’ve never had an add on parking pass that makes me ineligible. With the amount of times I go per year I wouldn’t be saving that much anyway if it’s true the parking add on costs $250

Ismael Flores

Ya being that I’ve never had an add on parking pass that makes me ineligible. With the amount of times I go per year I wouldn’t be saving that much anyway if it’s true the parking add on costs $250

you would need to go ten times to break even. I believe parking at the moment is $25.00, i would be amazed if Disney decides to raise it even more. At what point is it too much to pay for parking?

mickEblu

i had failed to mention but my coworker did mention that his sister said the option was $250 so those two things match. As i suspected some CM's might not still know or care enough to fully understand the possible option for those that already have parking grandfathered in and most will most likely not take the time to see a full history and make the decision to offer the $250 option.

He actually broke down the pricing because he wanted to make sure it makes sense for him. He goes once a week for a few hours after work.

he pays

signature pass $1149.00

his flex pass would cost

flex pass $599.00
parking option $250.00
photopass addition which includes maxpass $100.00

Total $949.00

saves $200.00 but now he is wondering if the whole having to reserve option is his thing because of the summer days that are mostly reserve days

Exactly... that was my take. When I get people in call centers like that I usually just hang up and call back. It can save you hours of time and frustration. I think of all the times I’ve ever called Disneyland guest services she was by far the worst. They are usually friendly and helpful

mickEblu

you would need to go ten times to break even. I believe parking at the moment is $25.00, i would be amazed if Disney decides to raise it even more. At what point is it too much to pay for parking?

To me it seems by the way that Signatures/ Flex passes and parking are priced that they want APs to go the parks less. The holy grail for them I think would be selling MORE APs but for them to be going to the parks LESS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom