Haunted Mansion experience

Janir

It doesn’t deserve to be a thing, I would agree with that. Nightmare deserves its own house for its own attraction. I don’t like how Mansion is down for weeks and weeks each year just to have a foreign version take over for months.

I say get rid of it and come up with a new concept for Nightmare.
I first got to see the Nightmare b4 Xmas overlay last November @ DLR and was excited to be able to see it in person. Once I was there. I was massively disappointed in the overlay. Most of the overlay features felt liekit was just slapped in and nothing fit with the HM themeing at all. The cartoonish NbC on top of the carefully crafted HM and it felt cheap, like Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid cheap. Nightmare b4 Xmas can get its own ride and just leave HM alone. I was very disappointed. At best, retheme the outside of HM a little bit and leave the ride alone if Disney feels it needs some sort of holiday decorations from Oct-Dec.

Californian Elitist

I first got to see the Nightmare b4 Xmas overlay last November @ DLR and was excited to be able to see it in person. Once I was there. I was massively disappointed in the overlay. Most of the overlay features felt liekit was just slapped in and nothing fit with the HM themeing at all. The cartoonish NbC on top of the carefully crafted HM and it felt cheap, like Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid cheap. Nightmare b4 Xmas can get its own ride and just leave HM alone. I was very disappointed. At best, retheme the outside of HM a little bit and leave the ride alone if Disney feels it needs some sort of holiday decorations from Oct-Dec.

As much as I would like to see the overlay gone, I can admit it’s not cheap and not quickly put together. It’s incredibly detailed and it takes time to put it together each year. Disney designs and bakes a new gingerbread house each year. It’s definitely not cheap or rushed. It just overstays its welcome.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I think the overall point is that just because people like something doesn't necessarily mean it belongs or is right for a given place.

A baby might have more fun playing with a box than with a toy, but would you give the baby a box for Christmas instead of a toy?
You might enjoy the taste and convenience of fast food, but should you eat it every day?
If the movie preview inside the Lincoln theater proves popular, does it deserve to stay?

Popularity itself should not be the only or primary justification for decisions. Especially for a place like Disneyland where at one time great care was taken to make sure everything fit as part of a greater whole. If nothing flows together and it's all flavor of the day it might as well be Six Flags.
You call me questioning your opinion and trying to understand your thoughts “picking on” you? Oh my...

I would suggest you also think about it for a quick sec. Lots of things pull in crowds at the parks. That doesn’t mean these things are of great quality and should therefore be kept in the parks. Pixar Pier and Guardians are perfect examples.

I'm almost positive you both know where I stand on these things. Do I not complain enough about Disney's newest offerings? I'm well aware of their popularity.

I enjoy HMH. It's popular. It's well made. It deserves to stay, obviously IMO. It's going to stay regardless of some members complaining on here, like that awful M:B and Pixar Pier. Let's count our blessings it's a seasonal overlay and not permanent.

PiratesMansion

I'm almost positive you both know where I stand on these things. Do I not complain enough about Disney's newest offerings? I'm well aware of their popularity.

I enjoy HMH. It's popular. It's well made. It deserves to stay, obviously IMO. It's going to stay regardless of some members complaining on here, like that awful M:B and Pixar Pier. Let's count our blessings it's a seasonal overlay and not permanent.

View attachment 372569

For the record, I don't have a problem with your opinion, even if I disagree with it. I was simply trying to explain Raven's point. Nothing more, nothing less. It was not meant to be a personal slight.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

As much as I would like to see the overlay gone, I can admit it’s not cheap and not quickly put together. It’s incredibly detailed and it takes time to put it together each year. Disney designs and bakes a new gingerbread house each year. It’s definitely not cheap or rushed. It just overstays its welcome.
To me it looks cheap and tacky. Even though it takes time to set it up, and has better props than a spirit halloween store it looks cheap. I feel the same way he does. And who cares about a gingerbread house anyway? Having real food on the dinning table just shows how awful this is. Why would ghosts have a gingerbread house? What is this Casper?! Where they "eat" the food and it falls to the floor?? Get that NBC junk out of and infront of my beautiful Mansion..

Californian Elitist

To me it looks cheap and tacky. Even though it takes time to set it up, and has better props than a spirit halloween store it looks cheap. I feel the same way he does. And who cares about a gingerbread house anyway? Having real food on the dinning table just shows how awful this is. Why would ghosts have a gingerbread house? What is this Casper?! Where they "eat" the food and it falls to the floor?? Get that NBC junk out of and infront of my beautiful Mansion..

😑😑😑😑😑

You can think it looks cheap all you want, but it’s not.

You realize a gingerbread house keeps with the Christmas theme, no? The ghosts don’t matter because HMH is not HM. It’s a Nightmare ride that happens to be housed in Mansion.

Casper has nothing to do with gingerbread houses.

Mac Tonight

I wouldn't mind that much if it was more 50\50 but one thing I don't want is to ride the Ghost Galaxy overlay. That one gets old in a hurry.
It's gotta be frustrating to try and plan your trips around seasonal overlays. One thing that WDW's Mansion gets right.

Try DL in the spring if you can!

Touchdown

Spring is my least favorite time to visit as that is Disneyland refurb season. While there are some refurbs in other parts of the year big refurbs always include the spring.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

😑😑😑😑😑

You can think it looks cheap all you want, but it’s not.

You realize a gingerbread house keeps with the Christmas theme, no? The ghosts don’t matter because HMH is not HM. It’s a Nightmare ride that happens to be housed in Mansion.

Casper has nothing to do with gingerbread houses.
I am not saying the props they put out are cheap in cost but it execution to me it looks sooo tacky and unbecoming of the beautiful façade of the mansion when it is in it's regular version(the fact I even have to type the phrase "regular version" disgusts me because there should only be one version of the ride at Disneyland". All the junk they place out front makes it look too busy and is such a distraction and just an eyesore. NBC does not belong in The Haunted Mansion. I wish it would get its own ride in DCA and let The Mansion be restored to its true self all year long.

ProjectXBlog

rode HMH for the first time last weekend after reading about it for almost 20 years, and i like it a lot. very clever stuff, especially the man-eating wreath and the singing jack-o-lanterns. however, it truly makes no sense to have this up during halloween when HM is perfectly spooky enough! HMH is objectively a “christmas” show and has nothing to do with halloween aside from the plot of the movie this ride is set after. this year it’s especially annoying because they apparently have the overlay down to a science and can have it done in almost half the time; why not just wait until after halloween and then perform the overlay? i love the smell of gingerbread but not in september.

George Lucas on a Bench

rode HMH for the first time last weekend after reading about it for almost 20 years, and i like it a lot. very clever stuff, especially the man-eating wreath and the singing jack-o-lanterns. however, it truly makes no sense to have this up during halloween when HM is perfectly spooky enough! HMH is objectively a “christmas” show and has nothing to do with halloween aside from the plot of the movie this ride is set after. this year it’s especially annoying because they apparently have the overlay down to a science and can have it done in almost half the time; why not just wait until after halloween and then perform the overlay? i love the smell of gingerbread but not in september.

But did playful spooks interrupt your tour?

I think more people are faking the handicap to ride faster. Regardless what they need to do is wait until they have enough handicap to fill several doom buggies at once and stop less often! This would also help the handicap that requires more time. It does really throw off the mood when it stops and a cast member announces the stop.

years ago I had a camcorder with IR lights they stopped the ride and came to tell me to turn the light off. The cast member was a bit embarrassed when I explained its IR and they apologized. I bet I would never get a apology these days!

I don't get why everyone cares, I love when it stops! gives you time to listen to the music or look at everything, take some pictures, even if it is just wallpaper! Plus it doesn't ruin the show, since you literally start moving again, it's not like you're missing anything by having the ride stop, just for it to start moving again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom