Any foods NOT at WDW that you wish were offered somewhere on premises???

NiarrNDisney

Just a few optional additions:

A relocated CS German restaurant with more options
A actual CS option in Canada that offers Breakfast
More options added to the menu at Yorkshire Fish Shop
More variety in MK and DHS that fits the theme of the area and or places name creating a more solid story line
Fondue Restaurant
Hot Pot Restaurant
Thai Food
Vegetarian/Vegan Restaurant perhaps somewhere on Discovery Island in DAK

Weather_Lady

[/QUOTE]
oh i hear ya! I'm from South Jersey myself, and yes, they are not easy to replicate, at least correctly. But man, it would be awesome to head over to the American Adventure and order a philly cheesesteak wit! 😋

That would be awesome! If they committed to using the right ingredients and didn't mess with the recipe, there's no reason they couldn't do it (but of course, they love to mess with stuff). I earned my "Buffalo sauce" credentials via a lifetime chomping wings in and around Buffalo, including several visits to the famed Anchor Bar, and I have to say that the American Adventure Pavilion's Buffalo chicken sandwich (I don't think it's offered anymore, but they had it a few years ago) was pretty legit. Somebody did their homework! If they could do the same with other famous American sandwiches -- and replicate a decent Philly Cheesesteak (wit or widdout!), and maybe a good muffaletta and beef on weck, why, people would come from miles around just for counter service! At least, I would...

...and now I'm really, really hungry.

Last edited:

DISR

I am with everyone on more/more authentic/better ethnic foods. The Chinese in EPCOT should resemble a good Chinatown restaurant in any major metro area rather than a bad strip mall outlet. Morimoto is decent IMO, but that is as close as Disney seems to be able to get to OK Asian food. It also homogenizes many of the distinct Asian cuisines...Thai, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese Indonesian, Malay, etc all have great culinary tastes to explore...small outlets offering some of those cuisines would be welcome. I get that those are hard in the Disney dynamic though. What baffles me is the prevalence of bad bar food. ESPN, Big River, Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood, etc all offer pretty poor quality and variety. Yardhouse, Millers Alehouse, and tons of other examples across the country offer better menus and execution. Disney should be able to better incorporate this type of quality and cuisine into their outlets. I will say that Splitsville has hit the mark pretty well on this though. Wish other bar food outlets were more like it.

yedliW

Beef on weck! Or also a scrapple sandwich! For those from the tri state area of NJ, PA, and DE

If you are going to include a beef on weck, you need to include a Garbage Plate!

I earned my "Buffalo sauce" credentials via a lifetime chomping wings in and around Buffalo, including several visits to the famed Anchor Bar, and I have to say that the American Adventure Pavilion's Buffalo chicken sandwich (I don't think it's offered anymore, but they had it a few years ago) was pretty legit. Somebody did their homework!

The Buffalo Chicken Chips they have at that cart just outside of Dino-land at AK is pretty good as well. you can tell people know what they are doing if they use bleu cheese, and not the heresy of ranch dressing..

Weather_Lady

If you are going to include a beef on weck, you need to include a Garbage Plate!

View attachment 372533

The Buffalo Chicken Chips they have at that cart just outside of Dino-land at AK is pretty good as well. you can tell people know what they are doing if they use bleu cheese, and not the heresy of ranch dressing..

Amen and Amen!

FWIW, I am presently sitting at my job in Rochester, NY, just 2 blocks from Nick Tahou's (home of the garbage plate). If I thought it would survive the journey I'd offer to ship you one right now! :) And YES -- ranch on Buffalo chicken!??! Sacrilege!!!!

yedliW

Amen and Amen!

FWIW, I am presently sitting at my job in Rochester, NY, just 2 blocks from Nick Tahou's (home of the garbage plate). If I thought it would survive the journey I'd offer to ship you one right now! :) And YES -- ranch on Buffalo chicken!??! Sacrilege!!!!

Well.. I'm in Henrietta.. so you could just drive it over..

Heppenheimer

Beef on weck! Or also a scrapple sandwich! For those from the tri state area of NJ, PA, and DE
Although I love me some scrapple anytime, anywhere... something tells me that this item would not be a particularly popular order at Disney World, beyond those of us who grew up in that area. It's the one Philly regional food that I think you just can't convert adults to.

... which reminded me of another nearby regional food, that would be awesome if they could do it, but probably would be impossible year-round in Florida: steamed Maryland blue crab with Olde Bay seasoning.

Failing that, though, they could probably manage Maryland crabcakes.

HouCuseChickie

Greek food and a good Jewish/Kosher Deli have always been the top things on my list. I can't eat a lot of this stuff anymore, but I can find ways to make it work. I also would hope that they wouldn't Americanize any of it, because I want tongue if I'm going to a deli! And of course, Cel-Ray soda!

Weather_Lady

Does this mean you aren't going to bring me a garbage plate?

LOL! I don't know how I'd explain that to my boss. If I was mailing one to an out-of-towner, I could say I was performing an errand as a cultural ambassador, but delivering to a local is a different situation... ;)

While we're on the topic of upstate foods that would be great to have in WDW, though, it occurs to me that Zweigle's Pop-Open hot dogs (red and white) would be a huge hit in the parks! They are the Cadillac of hot dogs, and my understanding is that they're hard to find outside of this part of the country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom