Rumor Disneyland Tomorrowland Future - What to do?

We all know that Disney will have to do something with Tomorrowland soon, what do you want to see?

• Demo it and start over with a new theme.

• Demo it and start over with same theme.

• Demo everything but Space Mountain and keep same theme.

• Demo everything but Space Mountain but retheme the land.

• Remove only certain attractions but keep the same theme.

• Remove only certain attractions but retheme the land.

• Go retro and bring back '67 Tomorrowland.

• Don't touch Tomorrowland at all, leave everything the way it is, its my favorite land!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ismael Flores

this is a quick cut and paste but this shows exactly how much room they have to play with when it comes to Fantasyland theater and how i believe they can move forward to use land a bit more efficiently.

Like i mentioned a couple post ago they should probably consider chopping up the western side of toontown and build a large showbuilding. The size of the western area fits a showbuilding the size of IASW perfectly.

here i went ahead and copy and pasted the IASW showbuilding to exact size. The only thing i edited was the curved entrance and exit path section of the building. I also included the queue and load area just for comparison. Obviously a Beauty and the Beats ride would not be a flume ride

If they were to run a tunnel thru the train berm just like they did for IASW they can easily add the attraction facade in the northern area of the Fantasyland theater plot. This would leave plenty of room for an expanded village themed to Beauty and the beast.

just to show how much room they have i actually cut and pasted Roger rabbit cartoon to show that they have plenty of room for an eatery and still have more room east of it for more of the village.

Since the show building would take up space of the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet they can relocate to the plot of land i marje din RED. Goofy and Donald can get a smaller play area in area marked in YELLOW.

All this can be done without destroying any part of the existing Fantasyland

britain

this is a quick cut and paste but this shows exactly how much room they have to play with when it comes to Fantasyland theater and how i believe they can move forward to use land a bit more efficiently.

Like i mentioned a couple post ago they should probably consider chopping up the western side of toontown and build a large showbuilding. The size of the western area fits a showbuilding the size of IASW perfectly.

here i went ahead and copy and pasted the IASW showbuilding to exact size. The only thing i edited was the curved entrance and exit path section of the building. I also included the queue and load area just for comparison. Obviously a Beauty and the Beats ride would not be a flume ride

If they were to run a tunnel thru the train berm just like they did for IASW they can easily add the attraction facade in the northern area of the Fantasyland theater plot. This would leave plenty of room for an expanded village themed to Beauty and the beast.

just to show how much room they have i actually cut and pasted Roger rabbit cartoon to show that they have plenty of room for an eatery and still have more room east of it for more of the village.

Since the show building would take up space of the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet they can relocate to the plot of land i marje din RED. Goofy and Donald can get a smaller play area in area marked in YELLOW.

All this can be done without destroying any part of the existing FantasylandView attachment 372368

Nice! I just made a Fantasyland thread. Would you mind adding this there too?

captveg

I think she means for it to be read as:

1) Many think Frozen is coming to Motorboat/Autopia.
2) What is happening is BatB in Motorboat/Autopia.
3) In my opinion what should happen is BatB in Motorboat, and Frozen in FL Theater.

Yeah, it's not a clearly written article. (The ads and photos breaking up the flow don't help either.)

I think this is what she was getting at as well.

If Disney is able to do a dark ride similar to what Tokyo is getting for BatB, along with the BatB restaurant from Florida, I believe that would be an enormous hit with fans all around. I was thinking we'd be getting the Frozen version of this (ride + restaurant), but personally I think BatB has proven to be a resonant IP, while Frozen just doesn't have that track record yet.

But I like Ismael's layout for "why not both?" Frozen does fit with the Matterhorn and lagoon as neighbors better than BatB does.

T.Will

A Disneyland AP I'm familiar with apparently has a source and the source talked about Tomorrowland. (I know it sounds like "a friend of an uncle of my cousin's nephew said" but bear with me) This is the info he gave about the TL refurbishment.

- The refurbishment is expected to be announced at D23 in 2021.

- The Autopia would go the way of the dodo. They have tested sightlines and hight, presumably for a show building for Frozen.

- The subs would be gone, but the lagoon would stay.

- There is a Tron ride coming, but it's not Lightcycle Power Run. It'll be a new ride designed by Joe Rohde. The Tron ride is a thrill ride that weaves around TL, giving you great views of the land and other attractions. Think a high capacity Rocket Rods. The Tron theme was forced on it against DL management's wishes.

- Lightcycle Power Run will instead go to Marvel Land, presumably as the Avengers coaster.

- The new E-ticket attraction will be an overhauled Space Mountain. The idea is to make a much larger show building with better projection effects in the ride. The Magic Eye Theater would be demolished to become the new queue with a pre-show. The ride itself will be nothing like the current Space Mountain. It would feature longer trains and inversions. Similar to Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris.

That's all the info the source gave. If true, I'd think this plan would suffer budget cuts and be compromised. Again, that's if it's true.

What do you guys think?

britain

A Disneyland AP I'm familiar with apparently has a source and the source talked about Tomorrowland. (I know it sounds like "a friend of an uncle of my cousin's nephew said" but bear with me) This is the info he gave about the TL refurbishment.

- The refurbishment is expected to be announced at D23 in 2021.

- The Autopia would go the way of the dodo. They have tested sightlines and hight, presumably for a show building for Frozen.

- The subs would be gone, but the lagoon would stay.

- There is a Tron ride coming, but it's not Lightcycle Power Run. It'll be a new ride designed by Joe Rohde. The Tron ride is a thrill ride that weaves around TL, giving you great views of the land and other attractions. Think a high capacity Rocket Rods. The Tron theme was forced on it against DL management's wishes.

- Lightcycle Power Run will instead go to Marvel Land, presumably as the Avengers coaster.

- The new E-ticket attraction will be an overhauled Space Mountain. The idea is to make a much larger show building with better projection effects in the ride. The Magic Eye Theater would be demolished to become the new queue with a pre-show. The ride itself will be nothing like the current Space Mountain. It would feature longer trains and inversions. Similar to Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris.

That's all the info the source gave. If true, I'd think this plan would suffer budget cuts and be compromised. Again, that's if it's true.

What do you guys think?

Well... interesting food for thought. But a new coaster coming to Tomorrowland weaving through like rocket rods, AND it’s Tron themed, but it’s NOT lightcycles? I think some things got mangled up in the game of telephone.

T.Will

Well... interesting food for thought. But a new coaster coming to Tomorrowland weaving through like rocket rods, AND it’s Tron themed, but it’s NOT lightcycles? I think some things got mangled up in the game of telephone.
That's what I was told. Basically, a Tron themed Rocket Rods. The source apparently said they're looking to see if it could weave through the planned Space Mountain as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom