Disneyland New "Flex" Annual Pass

fctiger

Man that brought back some memories, I’ve taken the 460 a few times too. This is the second largest city in the country yet we still can’t have anything half decent. Those cities sound nice. Then Metrolink has the audacity to post those ads along the freeways saying we should take the train so we can relax instead of sitting in traffic. It’s pretty useless and lackluster for work and Disney for me. I can see how it could work for 9-5ers tho if you work next to the tracks

I thought this video was interesting a while back

Watching that video actually makes me a little angry. It really speaks to how much private industry have over our government at times, which is not always a bad thing but in this case it is. And I guess for me who has lived in other countries where public transportation is just on another level and so accessible just to move back to L.A. to see people spend an hour to get somewhere that may take 20 minutes everywhere else is ridiculous, especially for one of the richest cities on the plane. But I digress.

Of course watching that video, its funny because of course DCA has the red car trolley today which was a real street car system for the greater L.A. and O.C. areas back in the 1920s through the 50s. My own mother use to ride them when she was a little girl and took them to go to downtown and the beach. I had never even heard of it until they were announced to be part of DCA. Its actually one of her favorite rides there because she says it reminds her of all the times she took the real thing. I imagine today if things kept going the way they did we would have a vast underground subway system that would connect all the surrounding countries from L.A. to Riverside like they do in every other major metropolis.

Sorry this has gotten so off topic lol, its just a pet peeve of mine. I'm always amazed at other Disney resorts how efficient and accessible their subway systems gets them to the parks and they sunk upwards of tens of millions of dollars into these lines and stations. Shanghai is amazing but HKDL probably has the coolest system out of all of them with its own personal subway car that connects to the main Hong Kong metro. Meanwhile back in Anaheim, the car situation is so bad they had to build another parking lot because there isn't enough space now and you spend 20 minutes circling that humongous car park while paying $20+ for the honor.

But I can't blame anyone wasting their time trying to use public transportation to the resort either. It's just too much of a hassle. And try taking kids on a multiple bus and train ride to the resort and then back after a long day at the parks. No thank you. Not worth it for families.

socalifornian

Watching that video actually makes me a little angry. It really speaks to how much private industry have over our government at times, which is not always a bad thing but in this case it is. And I guess for me who has lived in other countries where public transportation is just on another level and so accessible just to move back to L.A. to see people spend an hour to get somewhere that may take 20 minutes everywhere else is ridiculous, especially for one of the richest cities on the plane. But I digress.

Of course watching that video, its funny because of course DCA has the red car trolley today which was a real street car system for the greater L.A. and O.C. areas back in the 1920s through the 50s. My own mother use to ride them when she was a little girl and took them to go to downtown and the beach. I had never even heard of it until they were announced to be part of DCA. Its actually one of her favorite rides there because she says it reminds her of all the times she took the real thing. I imagine today if things kept going the way they did we would have a vast underground subway system that would connect all the surrounding countries from L.A. to Riverside like they do in every other major metropolis.

Sorry this has gotten so off topic lol, its just a pet peeve of mine. I'm always amazed at other Disney resorts how efficient and accessible their subway systems gets them to the parks and they sunk upwards of tens of millions of dollars into these lines and stations. Shanghai is amazing but HKDL probably has the coolest system out of all of them with its own personal subway car that connects to the main Hong Kong metro. Meanwhile back in Anaheim, the car situation is so bad they had to build another parking lot because there isn't enough space now and you spend 20 minutes circling that humongous car park while paying $20+ for the honor.

But I can't blame anyone wasting their time trying to use public transportation to the resort either. It's just too much of a hassle. And try taking kids on a multiple bus and train ride to the resort and then back after a long day at the parks. No thank you. Not worth it for families.
That’s cool. My grandpa tells us about the red car trolley too. He grew up in Highland Park using it and the first US freeway, that thing feels like a racetrack with our speeds. Haven’t got him into DCA yet

What little subway routes we have do feel unfinished with the random ending in NoHo, at least they’re expanding the purple line. After the high speed rail pushback from residents an expanded subway system would make sense..as nice as that rail would be

Californian Elitist

I’ve been taking public transportation in Los Angeles for over a decade. I find it neither wasteful, nor hard. HOWEVER, I do find it annoying most of the time. It’s taking way too long to develop excellent public transportation here. Los Angeles is massive and spread out, which is understandable. However the public transportation system should reflect that.

Darkbeer1

One positive note, All Southland transit systems has the "Summer 2028" on its planning calendars. The Olympics will force agencies to grow and work better with each other. LA Metro is already working on its Rail Lines (The Blue Line to Long Beach, another host city). Same with the Metrorail Train system.

OCTA is working on Beach Blvd.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
One positive note, All Southland transit systems has the "Summer 2028" on its planning calendars. The Olympics will force agencies to grow and work better with each other. LA Metro is already working on its Rail Lines (The Blue Line to Long Beach, another host city). Same with the Metrorail Train system.

OCTA is working on Beach Blvd.

Anaheim Monorail 2028, start the process now!

Darkbeer1

Anaheim Monorail 2028, start the process now!

Anaheim is serious about building some sort of direct transit from ARTIC (train station) to the Resort Area (aka Disneyland and the Convention Center, which might host some preliminary Volleyball matches (Honda Center will be the main Volleyball venue).

The initial committee to study all the choices and pick the best option will be formed soon. Nice thing is, the ATN (ART Bus operator) is in place. Currently it is 70% self-funded from fares, and the other 30% is picked up by the Resort Hotel Operators. A possible voluntary (by the Hotel) room surcharge looks to pick up some of the costs, along with some of the Convention Center profit.

But I think the WDW Gondola system has a much better chance than a Monorail. A LAX type of People Mover is another contender.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Anaheim is serious about building some sort of direct transit from ARTIC (train station) to the Resort Area (aka Disneyland and the Convention Center, which might host some preliminary Volleyball matches (Honda Center will be the main Volleyball venue).

The initial committee to study all the choices and pick the best option will be formed soon. Nice thing is, the ATN (ART Bus operator) is in place. Currently it is 70% self-funded from fares, and the other 30% is picked up by the Resort Hotel Operators. A possible voluntary (by the Hotel) room surcharge looks to pick up some of the costs, along with some of the Convention Center profit.

But I think the WDW Gondola system has a much better chance than a Monorail. A LAX type of People Mover is another contender.

Monorail, Gondola, or Peoplemover, basically any of them at this point is better than just buses. Hell I'd even be for bringing back the lightrail idea at this point.

If Anaheim can build some alternative mass transit system that can be forward thinking it'll be seen as a premier city on the world stage in 2028.

Phroobar

Monorail, Gondola, or Peoplemover, basically any of them at this point is better than just buses. Hell I'd even be for bringing back the lightrail idea at this point.

If Anaheim can build some alternative mass transit system that can be forward thinking it'll be seen as a premier city on the world stage in 2028.
I hear they are settling on renting scooters.

PRIJUVV3KEI6RJEZTCDKD6XJ6Q.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
Is it really out of control though? $1149 I paid for my pass in October.

I will have gone by the time it’s over 8 days in Oct, 5 days in Dec, 6 days in Feb, 3 days in June, 6 in July and 5 in Oct again. 33 total days which works out to $34 a day. Am I willing to pay $34 a day for a park hopper, you bet. Therefore I don’t view the costs as out of control.

Ok, but now imagine you've grown up and are paying for a family of 5. No, not everyone will go every visit.. but you can't leave a child out either. That's $6k just for one form of entertainment.

I don’t think it would, Disney is a premium product and theme parks still cost much less then other forms of live entertainment (Sporting event tickets, ski lift tickets, Broadway Shows, concerts) I fully expect prices to continue to rise. I think a whole lot less people would own passes but I don’t see why they would cost less. You’re still looking at recouping the cost of your pass in under 15 visits (based on a one day ticket.)

15 visits.. the list of things I manage to repeat 15+ times in a year is short... sleep, eat, poop... etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom