Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Cmdr_Crimson

Sooooo, here's something....WDW celebrates Christmas with decorations of the sort.....Any chance Batuu celebrates Life Day......😂😆
tumblr_oh74vjQvfP1s2wio8o1_540.gif

Bleed0range

Sooooo, here's something....WDW celebrates Christmas with decorations of the sort.....Any chance Batuu celebrates Life Day......😂😆
tumblr_oh74vjQvfP1s2wio8o1_540.gif

I think they really should. For some reason Batuu reminds me of the old MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies... being able to immerse yourself so much into a town in the SW universe. They always had fun holiday events. There was a huge Wookiee sized tree decorated like a Christmas tree.

They also had Empire Day for Independence Day (First Order day?), Galactic Moon Festival for Halloween where one year they had zombie Stormtroopers and the best of all the Ewok Festival of Love for Valentine’s Day haha.

Lensman

Looks like Corten steel (steel meant to have a rusty appearance but maintain structural integrity). If that's the case each of those panels would only be moveable by forklift. Definitely not something they're going to pull aside frequently.
That said, from the photo around the dejarik board, I take it that they've reproduced the interior in exquisite detail. They must be intending for some people to be able to tour the interior, right? I can't remember whether we had any clarity on the plans for that.

Anyway, here's the best photo I could find of the fence, from bioreconstruct:

donsullivan

Premium Member
That said, from the photo around the dejarik board, I take it that they've reproduced the interior in exquisite detail. They must be intending for some people to be able to tour the interior, right? I can't remember whether we had any clarity on the plans for that.

Anyway, here's the best photo I could find of the fence, from bioreconstruct:
View attachment 371447

Those images we've all seen that show the Dejarik board are actually in the queue for the attraction, not in the physical Falcon we see outside in the image above. No access to the physical Falcon set piece outside should be expected but when you are in the attraction in the building behind it will definitely feel like you boarded that Falcon.

I don't think the fence is permanent - aren't they still doing work there?

I kind of hope that fence stays there. Otherwise, the space underneath the Falcon will be turned into a massive shade umbrella by guests trying to get out of the CA sun, which will be horribly unsightly. And that scenario in FL will be ridiculous.

Last edited:

Movielover

Disney ruined their relationship with George. Which makes me sad. Hopefully they can repair it.

Wait a minute, I thought they brought in George to """fix""" what Rian Johnson did with Luke from TLJ??? If that was true wouldn't they want him front and center here? Or was that all a load of bullocks to appease to a very small vocal minority who didn't like TLJ... :rolleyes:

Bleed0range

Wait a minute, I thought they brought in George to """fix""" what Rian Johnson did with Luke from TLJ??? If that was true wouldn't they want him front and center here? Or was that all a load of bullocks to appease to a very small vocal minority who didn't like TLJ... :rolleyes:

Someone may have asked him to come in and help with TROS, but I doubt it repaired relations with Disney as a company. Maybe it’s a starting point. He seems the type to not show up to this because he had nothing to do with the design of GE and he probably resents that they likely didn’t ask him for his advice or direction on designing it.

Mike S

No it was JJ who said he collaborated with George on how to bring back Palpatine. George could’ve given some pointers on Luke too like the story of how he gave input on one scene in Solo while he was visiting the set.

And why are you trying to start a LJ debate here? Didn’t we both get talked to about this before?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom