News 2019 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

CJR

I really dislike how they ruin Future World with a DJ by the FoN. It was so loud last year, it was pretty much impossible to not hear it anywhere in the park. We even heard it over by American Adventure.

Outside of a couple concerts, we will sit this one out - no F&B purchases this year as protest. Might park at DHS and walk over just avoid Future World as much as possible.

JohnD

Agree, the week I'll be there, not interested in any of the acts. At least it'll be nice to not have to worry about being over there by a certain time...

The acts at the F&G and F&W festivals have never been a draw for me. When you have to be told “Best known for”, they’re reaching the bottom of the barrel. You don’t really have to know the acts at the FOTA as they sing Disney broadway favorites. Sure you could be a fan of the singer but not required.

Gillyanne

The acts at the F&G and F&W festivals have never been a draw for me. When you have to be told “Best known for”, they’re reaching the bottom of the barrel. You don’t really have to know the acts at the FOTA as they sing Disney broadway favorites. Sure you could be a fan of the singer but not required.

As a 90's/early aughts kid I didn't mind seeing Sugar Ray which was the act that was usually there at the same time as my trip, Tiffany, Wilson Philips and Rick Springfield were also ones I've seen that was pleasant to catch for "free" instead of the cost of tour. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Boyz II Men again either, but I never seem to be in Epcot the first week of Nov when they play (since they've started, seems to always be that same period it's my mom's birthday so I remember). Wouldn't mind Hanson, but don't think I could handle Hanson crowds....

HauntedMansionFLA

1. F&W got expanded by 13 days.
  2. Holidays Festival got shortened by 11 days.
That's just two more festival days than the previous year.

For 2019, there will be 245 festival days (67% of the time) and 120 non-festival days (33% of the time).
Add two or three weeks to Festival Of the Arts and bump back Flower & Garden and the non festival days shrink down even more

seascape

Add two or three weeks to Festival Of the Arts and bump back Flower & Garden and the non festival days shrink down even more
Last year Thanksgiving was early and this year it's late. For the first time I can remember extending my Thanksgiving Florida trip to the Wednesday after Thanksgiving allows me to see the Christmas Lights Boat Parade in Punta Gorda.

Gillyanne

Made my first ADR this morning. Got up at 6 to book my mom a surprise "Sunday Brunch with a Chef" for Carla Hall. Carla is her favorite. Back when the Chew used to tape at F&W we tried to get tickets to see a taping but it didn't happen. Last year she only had a Weekday pass, so Sunday brunch was out. This year she has a Gold pass so I got up early to make sure she could get in (though still available to book now, but didn't want to take chances! and hey maybe it's like concert tickets, first booked gets better seats) Now to go add a bunch of random stuff to my "plans" on MDE to push it down the line. JIC she decides to actually look in there ;)

jaklgreen

Made my first ADR this morning. Got up at 6 to book my mom a surprise "Sunday Brunch with a Chef" for Carla Hall. Carla is her favorite. Back when the Chew used to tape at F&W we tried to get tickets to see a taping but it didn't happen. Last year she only had a Weekday pass, so Sunday brunch was out. This year she has a Gold pass so I got up early to make sure she could get in (though still available to book now, but didn't want to take chances! and hey maybe it's like concert tickets, first booked gets better seats) Now to go add a bunch of random stuff to my "plans" on MDE to push it down the line. JIC she decides to actually look in there ;)

I have been to many of these event. It is whoever is first in line gets the best seats. You will want to get in line pretty darn early if you want to sit close.

Gillyanne

I have been to many of these event. It is whoever is first in line gets the best seats. You will want to get in line pretty darn early if you want to sit close.

Thanks for the heads up. We've done the cheapy ones (the $15 ones) but never one this big. If she doesn't spoil it, I'll be sure to know she has notice to plan on timing. The rest of the family checks out the same day, but we may end up leaving the night before anyway (not that we need her to leave)

Brooklin Disney Dad

True, but even still...most bartenders are able to discern when a person has had enough. Give the bartenders the ability to decline serving someone who is on their way to (or already) drunk, and the problem gets solved.
You could scan a Disney card/bracelet at time of purchase to control amount of alcohol purchased per hour. But that would limit Disney dollars coming in....

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hmm, we've done the Sunday brunch with Chef Zakarian and Chef Morimoto, and both had assigned seating with our names on a card on the tables. Didn't matter when you got there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom