News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

shanew21

So.. with that many people entering the land at a specific time, there will be qeues to get a wristband right? So if you’re the last one to get a wristband of your timeslot, you have less time?
I *think* they'll give you a wristband when you enter the park or at the hotel.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So.. with that many people entering the land at a specific time, there will be qeues to get a wristband right? So if you’re the last one to get a wristband of your timeslot, you have less time?
That is why they'll probably ask you to line up 30-90 mins before your time slot.

Rteetz

New images

F70CEF15-7B48-44CD-BE6C-B0DC377C10F8.jpeg
AFA9D368-EC0F-41EC-BCA9-80B055250B49.jpeg
61C8E055-B212-4AAB-BBAD-EF359D405425.jpeg
D733AA4C-D700-48D4-B21C-1E57AF6414D1.jpeg
11E91E35-EBBC-44ED-823D-A93406A4417F.jpeg
D6F529E8-4408-4522-B8E0-264C319CE44D.jpeg
080994EA-7819-4B89-879F-B4EC89694AB1.jpeg
D8A58C58-5149-4CBB-86E3-1E7A2D6C60D4.jpeg
FF4B2CE8-CBCB-4986-B819-90F4BF3FC309.jpeg
94027BC1-2534-4D02-B144-C13CA628F549.jpeg

mmelka

"Disneyland officials have not decided how long into the future they will require the virtual queueing system for the land, hinting that it may be deployed as long as the Star Wars land is in high demand."

A LONG Time.

I for one am not opposed to the virtual queue system that DL is trying to implement for Galaxy's Edge. If the land is truly trying to give guests a certain amount of immersion, then I am all for having a "smaller" crowd experience this and limit that time. I also see it as a plus for the rest of the day. I spend my four hours in GE, then I move along to other parts of the park and still get to enjoy my day at Disney. I also feel its in Disney's best interest as well, less time in lines equals more time spending money elsewhere on drinks/food/souvenirs.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
SAVI'S WORKSHOP: So while one of my CM friends was exploring, another approached his group and asked if they wanted to build a lightsaber. They said yes and got pulled into Savi's to test the experience. The workshop was rehearsing show material and needed "guests" to participate in order to test and adjust. He said he did the entire experience and was blown away. He even got emotional throughout the experience. He said the experience really tugs at your heart and makes Star Wars fans feel like they're a part of something special. They hand built their custom lightsabers with eager grins to only have them taken after the experience. Nothing is free at Disney, folks. At the end, he said he would go back and pay $$$$ bc it was really that great.

It's so great to hear that you can do the lightsaber experience without the obligation to purchase one. I was worried about that. I really want to build one, so I'll get my chance!

Same mission. It’s not very “random” despite being “interactive. Your path is pretty much preprogrammed, picture the path as a tube with a radius triple the width of your ship to get an idea of how much you can deviate. I forgot the CM’s exact words, but they were something along the lines of “you aren’t piloting the Falcon, you’r flying it.”

The only major storyline difference I noticed was what I mentioned earlier about not having enough energy to lightspeed all the way back to Batuu, so you have to fight your way out of an asteroid belt with Tie Fighters.

Even though each ride is roughly the same, having three distinct positions to ride as makes it more repeatable.

I think it's already been said, but earlier articles claimed there would be 3 ride profiles. Hopefully, the other two will kick in by May 31st.

truecoat

Park representatives have not disclosed whether they will limit how many times park visitors can ride the Millennium Falcon attraction during each four-hour window. If the ride breaks down during the three-week reservation period, Disneyland will make amends to the guests, park representatives said, but no details have been provided yet.

It's a dead certainty that there will be teething problems. How Disney handles this is going to be tricky.

Being that it's 4 separate ride systems, the odds are strong a couple will be running at all times.

Darkbeer1

Remember, this is on all Southern California News Group websites, and maybe even other Digital First papers. So if you reached your limit on one, head to another.

>>The Smugglers Run ride will be the only operating attraction in Galaxy’s Edge on opening day. In order to manage crowds and expectations, Disneyland will require reservations to enter the Star Wars land between May 31 and June 23. FastPasses won’t be used for Smugglers Run during that period, but the park plans to employ a single rider line starting on opening day. Expect the reservation-period queue to stretch backstage as fans rush to be the first to add their names to list of pilots who have flown the Millennium Falcon. Han, Chewie, Lando, Rey and now you. Disney really ought to sell t-shirts that proclaim, “I flew the Millennium Falcon.” No need to send me royalty checks. I’ll take an extra large. <<

>>Galaxy’s Edge is about exploration and discovery. It’s like an onion. You have to peel back the layers. The more you look, the more you find. And like peeling an onion, it’s not always easy. Many of the shops won’t have signs out front. At least not in English. It helps if you know a bit of Aurebesh and Huttese. The signs carved into the facades over the shop entrances will need to be translated using the Galaxy’s Edge Data Pad found within the Disneyland mobile app. Unless you happen to be fluent in the Star Wars languages.

Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities is just such a place. From the outside, you’d never know what to expect when you walk through the arched doorway. Inside, visitors will find an animatronic hammerhead alien who deals in black market goods. You can even barter with the dangerous 245-year-old Ithorian if you feel brave enough. Just don’t expect a discount.

“He’s been creating a collection for years and years and years,” Theiler said. “You can come in and get lots of different and unique offerings from the galaxy.”<<

Professortango1

because I want to ride a millennium falcon ride not control the ride. if I did I would get a job at Disneyland and become a ride operator lol. I am curious how it would react if no one pushes buttons on one ride through compared to the experience when everyone is pushing buttons. a science experiment.

Pushing buttons is part of the ride. It's like complaining shooter ride is boring when not shooting or a spinner has no movement if you're not using the joystick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom