Fantasmic! post-show announcement changed recently (No more Pop Secret sponsorship?)

gerarar

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, first time making a thread here..
but I'm a big Fantasmic fan, so I sorta watch videos of it here and there and notice certain things lol... but after watching a couple vids of the show recently, I thought that F! lost its Pop Secret sponsorship sometime recently, but the signage outside the amphitheater disproves that & still shows it.

Usually after the show ends, a male voice says "We hope you enjoyed Fantasmic, brought to you by Pop Secret, please exit at the rear of the amphitheater. And for everyone's safety...". The last live stream that I could find containing this was around 10 months ago... (1:28:15)

Then sometime after that, that exact announcement was removed entirely. For a while I just thought that it may have been a tech glitch or something, but the show would just end as normal and then the lights would come on, along with the f! music. No more thank-you announcement. (3:50:50)

Then around this month, a brand new announcement was added. A female voice this time; "We hope you enjoyed Fantasmic, please exit at the rear of the amphitheater. And for everyone's safety...." (29:40)
No mention of Pop Secret what-so-ever. So my first thought was that the sponsorship had ended, but the sign for F! disproved that as per this screenshot from the beginning of the attached video.

Any thoughts or reasons as to why Disney would update (as if they would ever to this show lol) the post-show announcement??
Unless Disney just didn't update their sign yet and the partnership has indeed ended already this past year (began in 2015).
Just thought it was weird and all, or maybe I'm looking too much into this..

Attachments

• f!.PNG
    f!.PNG
    686.1 KB · Views: 126

THE Monorail Lime

but I'm a big Fantasmic fan, so I sorta watch videos of it here and there and notice certain things lol... but after watching a couple vids of the show recently, I thought that F! lost its Pop Secret sponsorship sometime recently, but the signage outside the amphitheater disproves that & still shows it.

Usually after the show ends, a male voice says "We hope you enjoyed Fantasmic, brought to you by Pop Secret, please exit at the rear of the amphitheater. And for everyone's safety...". The last live stream that I could find containing this was around 10 months ago... (1:28:15)

Then sometime after that, that exact announcement was removed entirely. For a while I just thought that it may have been a tech glitch or something, but the show would just end as normal and then the lights would come on, along with the f! music. No more thank-you announcement. (3:50:50)

Then around this month, a brand new announcement was added. A female voice this time; "We hope you enjoyed Fantasmic, please exit at the rear of the amphitheater. And for everyone's safety...." (29:40)
No mention of Pop Secret what-so-ever. So my first thought was that the sponsorship had ended, but the sign for F! disproved that as per this screenshot from the beginning of the attached video.
View attachment 370299
Any thoughts or reasons as to why Disney would update (as if they would ever to this show lol) the post-show announcement??
Unless Disney just didn't update their sign yet and the partnership has indeed ended already this past year (began in 2015).

Hmmmmm

Janir

I hope that also doesn't cut Pop Secret out of the popcorn they sell in the parks. I love disney popcorn. I swear they are putting pure nicotine or something in them. Just something about the popcorn that keeps me wanting to get more.

Cmdr_Crimson

Seriously, maybe WDW, citing the expected bump in DHS attendance, wanted more money to continue the relationship...
Also, if they oh I dunno have the show playing each night than just 3 nights per week could have helped and upgrade that show with projection tech, an AA Dragon and better pyro...They would at least have something for the guests once Battu East opens...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

View attachment 370299

It is fairly common for some elements of a sponsorship to remain after the agreement has ended. I don't know the deal with Pop Secret however.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'd have no problem if they went back to Orville Reddenbacher, but that's just the popcorn snob in me coming to the surface. :) That said, it looks entirely possible that the multi-year agreement could have ended. I hope they don't go with an even cheaper brand of popcorn in the parks... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom